Dragon's Den Series 9 Official Thread

Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Cannot wait for this new series to begin!
Do we think the dynamics are going to change with a second woman on the panel? ... I don't want to sound mean and I know nothing about Hilary Devey, but on the advert, she looks like Herman Munster with those shoulder pads!!!
Also, do we think DD works well on BBC2? Personally I think it works well as it doesn't overcrowd BBC1 with business shows such as The Apprentice.

New series starts Sunday at 9 on BBC2.

Comments

• HeadancerHeadancer Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    I agree I thought it was a bloke............!
  • bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,705
    Forum Member
    Sunday oh dear BBC tried that slot with DD before and it failed and was shifted to Thursday then Monday, though this time it does have Top Gear as a lead in.
  • BillyBattyBillyBatty Posts: 6,990
    Forum Member
    Or Cruella De Ville
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunday is a very strange night for it to be shown. What's wrong with the usual Monday or Wednesday nights they used previously? It does have Top Gear as a lead in but doesn't that finish on Sunday? People will watch but i think Sunday night is a risky move tbh.
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Altho many people don't watch tv sunday nights, what else is there on generally? There's nothing good to compete that springs to mind. I think it will keep its usual audience and maybe entice new viewers with the new dragon... 'Cruella Deville' as she's been aptly named :D
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren’t there any good looking women millionaires? There was a pre-op transexual in my local Waitrose the other day that looked better than this new dragon. There are several pics of her in the new RT and it’s clear they took some time over them but she still looks freaky in every single one!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    I generally catch up on recorded programmes on a Sunday evening, but will give the new DD series a try.

But the first time Theo asks why he should invest his kids inheritance, then it's off.
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can look presentable in some other pictures such as this one:

http://www.hilarydevey.com/about-hilary-about-hilary/

Perhaps the BBC wanted her to look sinister and evil in Dragons' Den? Maybe she's going to play a "baddie" role?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what makes this an official thread? Is the OP part of the production team or just having delusions of grandeur?:D

looking forward to its return though. It's one of those shows (like the apprentice, unlike top gear) that I haven't tired of yet.

Will sky+ it to watch monday evening while eating a burger with some reggae reggae sauce on it:)
  • billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    Debra meaden:mad:
  • pete taylorpete taylor Posts: 1,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    revans9 wrote: »
    what makes this an official thread? Is the OP part of the production team or just having delusions of grandeur?:D

Too many people put that in the title of a thread tbh. I know why they do it - I think, but I'm too polite to mention it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Debra meaden:mad:

LOVE Deborah! My favourite dragon, she's always the one who picks a major flaw. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    revans9 wrote: »
    looking forward to its return though. It's one of those shows (like the apprentice, unlike top gear) that I haven't tired of yet.

Will sky+ it to watch monday evening while eating a burger with some reggae reggae sauce on it:)

To be honest, I don't even know why I did - I think its just become a general thing to put now when there isn't another one on here. Sorry for any portrayals of 'delusions of grandeur' :p
  • jonnyinscotlandjonnyinscotland Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sigurd wrote: »
    She can look presentable in some other pictures such as this one:

http://www.hilarydevey.com/about-hilary-about-hilary/

Perhaps the BBC wanted her to look sinister and evil in Dragons' Den? Maybe she's going to play a "baddie" role?

I actually thought they had actually done some adjustments to her shape until I saw her alongside the other Dragon's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we think there wil be any clashes with this new dragon?
    In previous series though, there have been some great exchanges between Debs and Duncan i hope they continue.
    Big news though - DUNCAN HAS MOVED SEATS! he's now on the end so it goes boy girl boy girl :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    I wonder what Harry Enfield will make of the new dragon. :)
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what Harry Enfield will make of the new dragon. :)
    :D:D:D Yes I wonder.

I have read her story and she is a very strong woman which is to be admired:)
  • 19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't actually think she was known that much nationally.

I read the Leicester Mercury and I don't a fortnight has gone by in the last couple of years where she hasn't managed to get her picture in the paper with some kind of article. Mainly business award/deals and charity work. A lot of business's do a lot of charity work and win awards in Leicestershire but prefer to leave it unrecognised, it seems Pall Ex like to scream it out loud.

She has built her business up from nothing and for that she gets respect. She has had a substantial makeover for the show, but shy and retiring she isn't.

I won't be watching but she should fit right in!.
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they should really have got rid of Meaden. Very rarely invests without Theo's backing and she sounds like a pompous old cow. I understand why James had to go but IMHO Peter and Theo are the only Dragons on there who are NOT past their sell by date.

Did anyone catch Dragon's Den international on Dave last week? The Canadian version sounds OK.
  • cherbrinkleyfancherbrinkleyfan Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to see the new queen b*tch tonight :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that Four Rooms has finished i'm looking forward to tonight's show. Hope we have a great opener tonight however i'm not too keen on the new dragon. Time will tell i suppose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just me or is anyone else seeing the banner ad at the top right hand corner of this page for James Caan's Total Business Mastery in a thread for Dragon's Den? Coincidence or not? :D
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evening

anyone else watching
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all, DD is now on. I see Evan Davies is still presenting it, but that new Dragon..woah is she scary looking..lolo
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hilary needs to be Gok’ed