Catholic Church is the Greatest in the World!!

Comments

• AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thomas007 wrote: »
    What defines a catholic anyway.

I was baptized catholic, but never went to any catholic schools, never had holy communion or anything like that, and everytime religion is asked I've always declared no religion.

I distance myself away from all forms of religion, but am I strictly still catholic?

I would say yes, as you were Baptised. If you were to return to the Church you could just pick up from where you left off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek: :eek:

That i know to my horror, because i asked about condoms in social sciences as they call it nowadays.

NOT recommended. :eek:
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    That's rather impossible as you know.

I know but if God loves everybody than he would consider one
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AZZURRI 06 wrote: »
    No doubt about it, the Catholic Church is the one true Church. Why don`t you join it?

There are many, many reasons some of which they could 'fix' if the hierarchy woke up and realised what century it is but unfortunately the having to believe in god bit will always be a sticking point.
  • PretinamaPretinama Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    No doubt about it, the Catholic Church is the one true Church. Why don`t you join it?

Mainly because I don't believe in the christian god. I also wouldn't want to be associated with an organisation that was explicitly trying to hide cases of child rape, and which took action to protect their staff (i.e. priests) over the children that had been raped. I also wouldn't want to be associated with an organisation that essentially placed women in Ireland into servitude.

Also, any organisation that equates gay people who love each other and want to be married, with pedophilia or bestiality is morally bankrupt.

Basically, I'm waiting to see what next scandal is going to appear given the resignation of the current ex nazi Pope.

I am not sure how any person with any conscience could call themselves a Catholic based on the above.

I hope that clarifies. :)
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thomas007 wrote: »
    What defines a catholic anyway.

I was baptized catholic, but never went to any catholic schools, never had holy communion or anything like that, and everytime religion is asked I've always declared no religion.

I distance myself away from all forms of religion, but am I strictly still catholic?

I think the church just counts all those baptized but, seeing as most are baptized as babies and don't have a choice, I think that's misleading.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    I tried to join it, but when I said that my inspirations for doing so were the Borgias, they seemed a little hesitant to let me in.
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no doubts about that as usual it's the people at the top who are the problem well them and the pedos

Loads of horror stories James which you will sadly find also in all walks of life, what is worse is that these are meant to be people whose sole purpose was/is to do good and have used the cloth to hide their horrendous wrong doings.

What can be sad is that people will always dwell on the bad things and completely forget or totally put aside the things that many will deem as being good. I felt that the Catholic Church was moving a bit more forward when John Paul was Pope, I sadly felt that Pope Benedict was leaning towards the older ways of the Church, a few things came to school level that were a directive from the Vatican, maybe subtle in some aspects, but certainly of the 'old school'
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member

Let's see. Rampant paedophilia, the cover up of said paedophilia, corruption, no such thing as God, they're prevalent in the spread of HIV/AIDS and many, many other things.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    previously when i have been speaking with catholics regarding their religion I ask

Have you had sex before marriage?

Do you believe condoms are ok to use?

Do you believe there are circumstances when abortions should be considered?

99.9% will answer yes to all 3 questions.

You ask why do you believe in God? They don't know

Why did you become a catholic? Because their parents picked that for them when they were born.

So basically 99.9% of catholics are only catholic because it was piclked for them, they dont know why they believe in God and they don't even have the same beliefs as the catholic church.

Maybe its just me but how can that 99.9% really be catholics?
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretinama wrote: »
    Mainly because I don't believe in the christian god. I also wouldn't want to be associated with an organisation that was explicitly trying to hide cases of child rape, and which took action to protect their staff (i.e. priests) over the children that had been raped. I also wouldn't want to be associated with an organisation that essentially placed women in Ireland into servitude.

Also, any organisation that equates gay people who love each other and want to be married, with pedophilia or bestiality is morally bankrupt.

Basically, I'm waiting to see what next scandal is going to appear given the resignation of the current ex nazi Pope.

I am not sure how any person with any conscience could call themselves a Catholic based on the above.

I hope that clarifies. :)

Precisely, growing up as a Catholic, I feel there were more negative experiences and attitudes than positive, such as fear, guilt, control and hypocrisy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Seeing as I could do with a blowjob from a priest, I might just do that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InTheNow wrote: »
    Seeing as I could do with a blowjob from a priest, I might just do that.

Probelm is your local priest might not give out blowies. You might be wasting your time.
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Catholic Church is one of the most vile & corrupt organisations on the planet. Any organisation which has no problem defending and covering up the actions of pervs and paedos gets no respect from me. Heck, they even "forgave" the ex-husband of someone I know (after having a "miraculous" conversion while they were in prision) who raped his own daughter (among other girls) regularly for years (and "annuled" their marraige in the eyes of god, claiming SHE was one on the wrong). No wonder Jimmy Savile got a papal knighthood, he fits right in.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any special offers available for joining? The over 50 plan that's always advertising gives you a free pocket camcorder.
    Forum Member
    Its the under 16's plan that disgusts me
  • SkycladSkyclad Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    That's rather impossible as you know.

So is turning water into wine or bringing people back from the dead!
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,908
    Forum Member
    I like Catholics.... well the ones I know are lovely anyway.

They don't take a blind bit of notice what their senior clerics say, though!

Evangelical christians are far worse than catholics - all serious and guilt-ridden and doom-and-gloom.
    Catholics seem to have a far better approach, which is basically: Do what you want, tell the priest you're sorry, and then carry on exactly the same :D
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    I'd rather eat somebody's yeast infection with a spoon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caldari wrote: »
    Let's see. Rampant paedophilia, the cover up of said paedophilia, corruption, no such thing as God, they're prevalent in the spread of HIV/AIDS and many, many other things.

Point one. The paedophilia boil has been lanced. We are getting the same stories over and over again. Paedophilia exists in every organisation with power and many individuals.

Point two. Corruption is another name for sharp business practice.

Point three. God exists. Belief in God is a personal thing, if you don`t believe then that`s fine. Not much point in becoming a Catholic.

Point four. Aids is rampant in many non Catholic countries. It is a fact that if people did not have sex with people other than their husband/wife AIDS would not spread. Nobody is stopping non Catholics from using condoms. Has your local Priest been round to your house lately, demanding to know whether or not you are using them. It just does not happen. Only in Father Ted.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member

no thanks, im Agnostic, thanks for the offer though ;)
    Forum Member
    Anytime I have been at a catholic funeral etc I always wonder how they can claim that the bread and the wine is the ACTUAL blood and body of jesus. As a protestant we are taught that it is a symbol but catholics believe it to properly be his body and blood.
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, out of all the Catholic Churches, I guess it's fair to say this Catholic Church is the best one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must head off to watch the football. FORZA JUVE!!
    Forum Member
    I would love to know how many adult catholics if they were to have their memory about religion deleted and were to learn about religion from start and be told that its an organistaion that protects peadophilles, believes aids is better than safe sex, has took part in slavery and beleives abortions should never be considered, how many would want to be a catholic. Very few I imagine.