Samsung LCD LE32R74BDX TV Problem

Hi all,

I am having some problems with my Samsung LCD 32" TV, model is LE32R74BDX.

I bought the model back in March this year, and it has been fine up until recently. Last night, my SKY + box finally went, they are coming out at the weekend to repair it. But everything was fine with the TV because I switched it onto the Freeview section and then put it into standy.

Tonight, when trying to put the TV on for the first time since last night, I found that the picture wouldn't come up. The remote control wasn't operating it, and I had to use the side buttons on the TV. I got it to the channel I use with the XBOX 360, and it came up for a while, but then a few seconds later the picture started to fade away, into black, and froze.

I turned the TV off, put it back on and tried again, but everytime I tried to operate one of the TV channels or XBOX 360 channel again, the picture would freeze, and the TV would start fading. The image looked a bit like it was being burning in. The TV would not change channel or do ANYTHING once the burning starts, and it just fades. I ended up turning it off and having to bring my old CRT TV in for the time being.

I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem yet, and what they did, if anything, to sort it. :o

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    kassiknorr wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am having some problems with my Samsung LCD 32" TV, model is LE32R74BDX.

I bought the model back in March this year, and it has been fine up until recently. Last night, my SKY + box finally went, they are coming out at the weekend to repair it. But everything was fine with the TV because I switched it onto the Freeview section and then put it into standy.

Tonight, when trying to put the TV on for the first time since last night, I found that the picture wouldn't come up. The remote control wasn't operating it, and I had to use the side buttons on the TV. I got it to the channel I use with the XBOX 360, and it came up for a while, but then a few seconds later the picture started to fade away, into black, and froze.

I turned the TV off, put it back on and tried again, but everytime I tried to operate one of the TV channels or XBOX 360 channel again, the picture would freeze, and the TV would start fading. The image looked a bit like it was being burning in. The TV would not change channel or do ANYTHING once the burning starts, and it just fades. I ended up turning it off and having to bring my old CRT TV in for the time being.

I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem yet, and what they did, if anything, to sort it. :o

Could be a spike in the sky box when it went out similar thing happend to me, but try proving it , its impossible .Telly was ok until the sky box packed in ,it caused svhs to be switched on all the time and the picture to jump but as I said its difficult to prove it was the sky box ,but in my case I know it was because the TV was perfect until this happend hope you have better luck.
    Although you should claim it under your warranty but dont mention the sky box. :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    icutedave wrote: »
    Could be a spike in the sky box when it went out similar thing happend to me, but try proving it , its impossible .Telly was ok until the sky box packed in ,it caused svhs to be switched on all the time and the picture to jump but as I said its difficult to prove it was the sky box ,but in my case I know it was because the TV was perfect until this happend hope you have better luck.
    Although you should claim it under your warranty but dont mention the sky box. :)

Yeah, I had strongly considered this, because while watching TV the night it happened, my SKY BOX completely screwed up, and wouldn't come out of standby mode. I have called Samsung and they are sending an engineer over... they tried to get us to reset the TV, but nothing happened, so I will have to wait and see.

I am only worried now because once I get the SKY BOX sorted tomorrow, it could happen again. :o:o