Batman Arkham Origins

12345679»

Comments

• circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i hear this games story mode can be completed in 8 hours?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    i hear this games story mode can be completed in 8 hours?

yeah about 8-10 if you know exactly what you are doing and where to go

it makes the story more cohesive though, there is less, go to this location to do something but then end up doing 20 things first like in arkham city

Also, while some of them aren't as good (riddler collectibles in particular) the side missions actually fell important to the story, so while you can get to the end within that time you won't feel like you are done
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    Even since this latest patch (1.03) my game has been even worse, it's so choppy that's it's rendered it impossible to play.
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really enjoying this game and that they kept just about everything in that made Asylum and City great :)

The bosses are a good challenge no matter what the skill level

Stunning graphics and a nice free flowing combat system
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    Even since this latest patch (1.03) my game has been even worse, it's so choppy that's it's rendered it impossible to play.

Same here. My playstation crashed twice yesterday playing the game. I had to pull the plug out at one point. Ugh sort it out
  • Hendo9Hendo9 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Copped my one and only issue with the game earlier.

Anarky's side missions.
    Done part #1 so set up the waypoint to go to 'Supporter #2'.
    Get there, and nothing, nobody around the place he's meant to be... looked on Youtube, he's not there, checked all the buildings nearby and even went inside a building and back out to nothing.

Ive done everything on the game bar 1 Enigma pack (can't get until the Anarky side mission is finished) and the Anarky stuff (plus another 'hidden' side mission).

Great
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am cleaning up the side missions and gotta say that I feel very disapointed in the lengh of each side mission.

The Anarky missions are over really before they have started and same goes for the Penguin arms stuff and Bane side missions.

The Riddler datapacks dont feel as well thought out as they were in AC, most of them are there just ot grab while only a few are any challenge at all.

I think that WB Montreal were given this fantastic chance to prove they were as good as Rocksteady but in the end only proved that Rocksteady are the only ones who should make these types of Batman games.

I like the annology that IGN Pubcast gave when they reviewed the game, "its like being given a ferrari to do what you want with but then only ever drive it at 30mph"
  • Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am cleaning up the side missions and gotta say that I feel very disapointed in the lengh of each side mission.

The Anarky missions are over really before they have started and same goes for the Penguin arms stuff and Bane side missions.

The Riddler datapacks dont feel as well thought out as they were in AC, most of them are there just ot grab while only a few are any challenge at all.

I think that WB Montreal were given this fantastic chance to prove they were as good as Rocksteady but in the end only proved that Rocksteady are the only ones who should make these types of Batman games.

I like the annology that IGN Pubcast gave when they reviewed the game, "its like being given a ferrari to do what you want with but then only ever drive it at 30mph"

I've abanodned playing this for Assassins creed 4. From the little I played it did seem to be missing "something"
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've abanodned playing this for Assassins creed 4. From the little I played it did seem to be missing "something"

Same.

Beat the game but have given up getting the collectibles, just too glitchy, I spend half the time having to reboot my Xbox.

I've beaten Pirate's Creed now and am on my way to getting 100%.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    Same.

Beat the game but have given up getting the collectibles, just too glitchy, I spend half the time having to reboot my Xbox.

I've beaten Pirate's Creed now and am on my way to getting 100%.

Go You! I'm still sitting around 30%. Have been so tired when I have gotten home from work that I just crash out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go You! I'm still sitting around 30%. Have been so tired when I have gotten home from work that I just crash out.

Still trying to keep away from AC:BC side stuff until next gen release!

Taking out my frustration on Batman AO but that game is starting to frustrate me with the freezing issue and how plain boring it is to get the data packs!

Am I the only one disapointed in how the assassin (boss) fights have been handled (not counting bane or firefly and to a lesser extent copperhead).

I was expecting so much more and would have throught deathstroke would have been a better fit instead of bane (who has been kinda played to death in both previous games)

Everyone has their own favorites and views on this but feel that both deathstroke and deadshot were really short changed in the type of challenge thay they could have offered against Batman.
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    Due to a stupid effing glitch on the black mask most wanted missions I now can't finish it which means I can't finish the enigma missions either Arrrggh
  • JordanDSJordanDS Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone has their own favorites and views on this but feel that both deathstroke and deadshot were really short changed in the type of challenge thay they could have offered against Batman.

Mayby, but I think I was most disappointed by the Electrocutioner 'boss battle'. Given the build-up to it, what were they thinking of? I mean, even if you don't try and attack him, nothing happens for goodness sake, he doesn't even attack you. It's just daft. :mad:
  • TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordanDS wrote: »
    Mayby, but I think I was most disappointed by the Electrocutioner 'boss battle'. Given the build-up to it, what were they thinking of? I mean, even if you don't try and attack him, nothing happens for goodness sake, he doesn't even attack you. It's just daft. :mad:

I thought it was quite funny actually. I think you missed the point! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JordanDS wrote: »

They make him into this joke character who's only use is to supply Batman with the shock gloves.

Feel cheated in so many ways by the game devs as the assassins were supposed to be this unique challenge but the most of them ended up being the same boss fights that we have all done before mixed with versions of the challenge rooms.

Very disapointing, would not buy another Batman Game unless made directly by Rocksteady.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They make him into this joke character who's only use is to supply Batman with the shock gloves.

Feel cheated in so many ways by the game devs as the assassins were supposed to be this unique challenge but the most of them ended up being the same boss fights that we have all done before mixed with versions of the challenge rooms.

Very disapointing, would not buy another Batman Game unless made directly by Rocksteady.

I've not picked this back up since gettin AC:BF... Kind of wish I hadn't bought it now. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not picked this back up since gettin AC:BF... Kind of wish I hadn't bought it now. :(

I bought it to stop me from playing black flag! lol

Thankfully GTA V has reliably kept me from playing AC:BC, just got to keep telling myself that I only have to wait another week or so for the next gen goodness.....unless I get one of those defective PS4's ...then I may be waiting for a little while longer.:eek::eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quite annoyed that the black mask dlc is not apart of the 'season pass'. Kind of defeats the purpose of buying it
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The final confrontation with the Joker was a huge let down.I was expecting some big final battle but all you get is on screen prompts to press certain buttons at certain times.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trying to play Batman Arkham Origins online on the xbox is a nightmare.You spend more time getting put into empty lobby's than you do getting put into a lobby that has more than 1 player.

Had a look online about this problem & it seems to be pretty common.Wish WB Games would sort it out.

I should say when you finally get to play online it's actually pretty good.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had this happen not once, but twice after fighting Deathstroke. I defeated him both times and it just went to a black screen, I could hear the sound effects and music but nothing was happening on the screen.

That happened to me. I beat Deathstroke and the screen went black and all I could hear was a swooshing sound.
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only had one annoying glitch playing Origins. During a boss fight a car hit me and I got stuck underneath. It's froze a couple of times but my 360 does that a lot anyway. I must have been lucky.

On I whole I liked the game. Even did all the side quests. Doubt I'll do the new game plus though because up until I got the shock gloves my fighting skills were awful.