Options

conclusion of the series, (thoughts with potential spoilers?)

newman2005newman2005 Posts: 214
Forum Member
Hmm,

A who universal theory, the crack, river song and Amy pond.

Just my thoughts, ready to be shot down, gotta love this place.

I think the crack in time is caused by something very simple, like Amy being saved when she shouldn’t have been as child, or perhaps a ripple from the “Waters of Mars” where he tried to change the unchangeable. The doctor as always said in “new who” that some things are fixed, and some things aren’t, being a time lord means he knows which is changeable and which is not. However his dabbling (in some way) meant that the crack appeared, and it is following him or Amy around, or perhaps the Tardis around. (Think how much Time energy that will have) . Anyway that’s what I think the crack is caused by an explosion at some point on the doctors time line, caused by himself unintentionally.

I theorise that the murder River has committed is pushing the doctor in the crack to close it. Now this would mean that all of the things the doctor have done will be wiped from time. Already the daleks have gone, that’s why Amy cant remember them…. Now the weeping angels are gone…..

So, this could mean we are left with the Tardis; containing Amy and River, (at this point Amy flies the tardis whilst river watches, and learns; not sure on this timey whimey bit yet, but it is early days) to a new point in time. After all we know the pandorica happens before the events on the Byzantium.

To save the doctor the crack is reopened by Amy, she releases all inside, i.e. she opens pandoricum/Pandora’s box and releases everything, all the evils trapped inside. Of course don’t forget we get hope released as well, which is the myth, in this case represented by the doctor. I would guess that the season finale/conclusion, is relevant to all who have been absorbed by the crack being thrown out at once, i.e. The Good and the bad; both the ducks on the pond and daleks, weeping angels, cyber men and the rest of them all. Putting the time line back together. Amy is the best as she saves the doctor, that’s how river learnt to fly the tardis from the best.

It at least explains and potentially brings us full circle to what was hinted at in the 3d Trailer; kinda, all floating in the void, metaphorically I guess.

Finally I would also say that this means river spends time in jail thinking she has killed the man she loved, or at least knowing that she didn’t and has to go to prison for it. Nice storytelling arc, and would explain why she willingly gives herself for the doctor, not just cos she loves him, but she will not change major events in time.

The doctor also thinks that his time is over and willingly gives himself to the crack in space, as he felt river had already died for him in her future, and his past; even though Amy will inevitable save him, become the best, and the doctor will exit the crack older, and kiss River.

Anyways just an idea.

Comments

• Options
    jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    I keep thinking that the crack is appearing becuase river song killed the doctor. i really dont know why i think this and probs way of the mark.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the Crack in Time will have that big a role in the finale.

We know River is in the finale and it's in the past from her PoV, however in F&S she really did not seem to know anything about the crack.

This suggests that she has never encountered it before, I suppose it could just be her spoiler rule but I would have thought as it was a life and death situation she would have told the Doctor everything thing she knew about the crack.

Here's another question, is River in the Finale from before she went to Stormgate or was she let out again for a specific mission?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    I keep thinking that the crack is appearing becuase river song killed the doctor. i really dont know why i think this and probs way of the mark.

I hadn't thought of that, but it is a brilliant concept. Since some things in time are fixed and others are not quite possibly RS killing the Doctor at some point in the future (his future) could have caused the crack in time and space.

Don't know if this is the "real" arc, but it would be brilliant if it were. Bravo.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what the "alt Dr" said to Amy in the forest about having to trust him and try to remember when she was 7 I get the impression that Amys childhood and parents will have a big part to play later on.

Or, I could be completely wrong :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Could it be that River song and the Dr(Sylvester's dr plus river is in fact the rani after using a Chameleon Arch ) are in fact Amy's parents.and that's why he freaked out when she tried it on with him.