Middle of the month in the middle of the year

noise747noise747 Posts: 30,692
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ok close enough. i just thinking this year is going quick again, maybe it is because i am getting older that life seems to be flying past or is it that my life is so crap?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    It is flying in AND it is dark outside. Proper dark. My kids used to be out playing until 11pm at the local park during the summer holidays. It was light then. :(
  • HieronymousHieronymous Posts: 7,266
    Forum Member
    noise747 wrote: »
    Ok close enough. i just thinking this year is going quick again, maybe it is because i am getting older that life seems to be flying past or is it that my life is so crap?

Probably both. It doesn't seem all that long ago that we were celebrating the millenium.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably both. It doesn't seem all that long ago that we were celebrating the millenium.

Or since they built that henge made of stone. It was glorious summers there celebrating the solstice. Oh I miss the pagan summers. ^_^
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep, i think you are correct.
  • doe_a_deerdoe_a_deer Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume the OP knows that the middle of the year is roughly the end of June and wasn't suggesting that half way through July is the middle of the year?
  • EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    It's going quick, thank god!
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's practically Christmas! Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa la la la la la la la la
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow, negative thread.

I played outside as a kid, summers seemed long, school terms seemed really long when you were being bullied and omg beer and drink was so cheap in my 20's.

However it was around 2145 when I closed my curtains tonight - moan when its 1530 :(

Be happy now, the year goes fast when you are happy. When life is shit, the year drags, and christmas is half a year away, enjoy the summer and autumn whilst its around. No point wishing half a year away for tinsle when the sun does shine.

Life may seem fast but you dont want to look back in several years thinking 'oh what did I miss' enjoy what you have now x
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pac_girl wrote: »
    wow, negative thread. x

DS There are just those on DS who revel in misery. You'll get used to it.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow, negative thread.

I played outside as a kid, summers seemed long, school terms seemed really long when you were being bullied and omg beer and drink was so cheap in my 20's.

However it was around 2145 when I closed my curtains tonight - moan when its 1530 :(

Be happy now, the year goes fast when you are happy. When life is shit, the year drags, and christmas is half a year away, enjoy the summer and autumn whilst its around. No point wishing half a year away for tinsle when the sun does shine.

Life may seem fast but you dont want to look back in several years thinking 'oh what did I miss' enjoy what you have now x

easier said than done
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doe_a_deer wrote: »
    I assume the OP knows that the middle of the year is roughly the end of June and wasn't suggesting that half way through July is the middle of the year?

TBH, I did not really think of that, but working it out you are correct.
    Oh well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow, negative thread.

Not really negative, just saying that the year or years for that matter seems to be flying by.
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There's a theory that the years go by quicker when you're an adult because an adult's life is so routine when compared to a child's. Children have far more new experiences than adults, making each day / week / month more fulfilling and challenging.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doe_a_deer wrote: »
    I assume the OP knows that the middle of the year is roughly the end of June?

The start of July more likely, when you consider February often only has 28 days, meaning there's more single days between July and December.
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    towers wrote: »
    There's a theory that the years go by quicker when you're an adult because an adult's life is so routine when compared to a child's. Children have far more new experiences than adults, making each day / week / month more fulfilling and challenging.
    The theory I heard is that when you're five a year seems like a longer time than when you're fifty-five because it represents a larger fraction of your life and that the brain picks up on this.

My childhood certainly wasn't more fulfilling and challenging than my adult life.
  • doe_a_deerdoe_a_deer Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH, I did not really think of that, but working it out you are correct.
    Oh well.

I despair.......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UKMikey wrote: »
    The theory I heard is that when you're five a year seems like a longer time than when you're fifty-five because it represents a larger fraction of your life and that the brain picks up on this.

My childhood certainly wasn't more fulfilling and challenging than my adult life.

You might be correct but as an adult, your brain isn't having to learn basic things - reading and writing etc - and even the world around you is twice as big ( twice as exciting ) as a child.
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You might be correct but as an adult, your brain isn't having to learn basic things - reading and writing etc - and even the world around you is twice as big ( twice as exciting ) as a child.
    But my ability to reach other parts of that world were severely curtailed by my lack of independence as a child. It was a lot smaller for me in effect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The start of July more likely, when you consider February often only has 28 days, meaning there's more single days between July and December.

July 2nd is the 183rd day of non-leap years. 182 days gone, and a further 182 to go