Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• maltshovelmaltshovel Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    When the saying "Jeckle and Hyde" is used.

When people can't spell ''Jekyll'' correctly ;-):D
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who have a fringe and a parting in the middle, making it look like they've got a Y in their hair.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Also I saw my cat today in the street and someone had put a collar on him - very annoying.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    if your kids know this methinks one Mother's Day you're getting a big box filled with nothing but peas.
    Or they'll ask you to read this for their bedtime storytime.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Orange-Juice-Peas-Picture-Kelpies/dp/0863158722 :p

It's a good thing that my children don't know you.

So evil. :cry:
  • Duffman2000Duffman2000 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maltshovel wrote: »
    When people can't spell ''Jekyll'' correctly ;-):D

Why should it matter as long as I get my point across? ;):D
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you are wearing socks and stand on a grain of cooked rice.

Hahaha so true! that must be at the pinnacle of trivial/annoyance ratio!
  • Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should it matter as long as I get my point across? ;):D

Because it is a person's name (albeit fictional) and people tend to like their names spelled correctly. It is either right or wrong there is no scope for "close enough" in some matters.

Don't want to rant but people who think "close enough" is the same as "correct" is a trivial thing that annoys me.
  • Fred SplungeFred Splunge Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Public toilets (ladies only, I don't have any experience of the gents.)

1. People bringing food/drink in with them, it's wrong.

2. Ladies bringing their sons in with them who are way old enough to be using the gents, who unnecessarily add to the queues in the ladies.

3. People who do not wash their hands.

4. Parents who refuse to parent - the toilet facilities at a venue I visited at the weekend consisted of 1 ladies loo. Immediately before me were a lady and her daughter (probably about 8 years old). As they passed me on their way out of the toilet the daughter said to her mum "I don't want to wash my hands" and the mum and child just walked out. I'm sorry, but if my sons were daft enough to say that to me they'd get short shrift. Toilets - home, public or otherwise - you wash your hands, end of discussion.
  • ChrisJamesSatsChrisJamesSats Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    I love watching Dragon's Den but the narrator really annoys me, telling us everything we already know.

Candidate: We're looking for £50,000 for a 10% stake in our business.
    Narrator: A healthy pitch so far, they're looking for £50,000 in return for a 10% stake in their business.
    Deborah: I won't be investing, I'm out.
    Narrator: Deborah Meaden is the first dragon to declare themselves out.

And now it seems to be becoming more like American shows, with the 'here's what you've already seen' parts and the 'coming up'. There isn't any adverts so why not get on with it.
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure at the age of 27 I should be long past being this annoyed at my Dad. I've just found out (while I'm at work) that he is at my house with my sister collecting her uni stuff (I live alone, I rent the house off my Dad and my sister stored her stuff in my spare room over the summer). He always has a go at me because my house isn't show home pristine. As I had no clue anyone but me would be going in my house this week it's a bit of a state, the kitchen in particular. Now next time I see him there'll be a patronising comment or a tut or an eye roll and I may have to kill him >:(
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    The Crap Bucket Challenge ones are more annoying then the rest.

Don't give anyone ideas! :o Next thing you know I'd dare anyone to replace the ice :p
    Forum Member
    Really getting p'd off with idiots sending me pervy messages on the dating site I use I'm awaiting job emails and keep getting notified/emailed everytime someone asks if they can 'have a shag babe' to which I reply eff off and block em D: It's always someone hideous looking too lol.

In your dreams mate.:cool:
    Forum Member
    Also hate people who block the pavement while they're talking to their mate so you have to walk around them and then they look at you like you're rude. Maybe they shouldn't inconsiderately spread out all over the narrow pavement then!
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jackapple wrote: »
    Hahaha so true! that must be at the pinnacle of trivial/annoyance ratio!

Haha I am glad someone appreciates this. If you have tile/wooden/laminate floors it's extra annoying.
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you find nice hairstyles on the internet that you may like to try..and then you look in the mirror :mad:
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    When you post in the wrong annoyance thread :D:blush:

Anyway...at about 22:00, I added this to my basket, it was £29.95:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adobe-Premiere-Elements-12-Mac/dp/B00EWH8AMM

I logged in to checkout and it had gone up to £44.99 :eek: :cry:
  • scruffpotscruffpot Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 2 really slow chatting women in the swimming pool and the man who must swim fast and splash.
    cranberries as they make me sick and come out in a rash so Christmas time is a nightmare.
    and
    badgers
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People that open their car door to get out of or to get in to their vehicle with a total disregard for any other vehicles on the road.
    Forum Member
    People who don't flush the toilet - lazy.
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who start threads with titles like --have you ever been to France before? Before what? Why don't they say have you ever been to France? Surely this would only be correct if you actually met someone in France itself and then asked them have you ever been to France before?
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finding my weekly food shop came to ~£20, feeling chuffed with myself that I was being all careful with my money, not wasting it on frivolities (woh, spelled that correct 1st time), so I decide to go back and buy something small to treat myself, end up spending another £20 on nibbles. >:( If only I'd left after with my chuffedness. :( - hopefully devouring that box of creme cakes will make me feel better. :p
  • alycidonalycidon Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having to enter my personal details on a website that purports to be free, only to find that it costs ten pounds a month to use it.
  • Marc_DuckworthMarc_Duckworth Posts: 725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    Because it is a person's name (albeit fictional) and people tend to like their names spelled correctly. It is either right or wrong there is no scope for "close enough" in some matters.

Don't want to rant but people who think "close enough" is the same as "correct" is a trivial thing that annoys me.

As a person with a name spelled slightly differently to 'normal' I concur. It really gets my goat when people spell my name with a K even though in the grand scheme of things it doesnt matter. I ensure that I spell the name of the person I am dealing with correctly!
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm slightly irritated when people don't credit, tag or caption random images.

Take this photo of a male musician from the 1960s as an example. I thought it might be Gram Parsons and a colleague disagreed, but we still don't know who's right. We know it's a musician as we've seen him before, but who? The person who uploaded that image didn't put up any details. So irritating.

Same with animated gifs and screen captures of films. Nothing drives me crazier than recognising the image but don't remember which film it's from. Like this one with Audrey Hepburn.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    ... - hopefully devouring that box of creme cakes will make me feel better. :p
    >:( - waste of money, miles away from the Tesco loveliness, darn it... hopefully this just discovered email from the National Lottery with some "news about my Friday ticket" will make me feel better. :p

[edit] £310 :)

[edit] no wait, £3.10 >:( :cry:
This discussion has been closed.