Call Of Duty : Ghosts

Comments

• GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazzy71 wrote: »

game's website said that up until a couple of week ago,but changed it to release date

but if thats the release date,thats pretty bonkers,2 or 3 weeks of staring at a box will be a nightmare for anyone buying it:D
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    game's website said that up until a couple of week ago,but changed it to release date

but if thats the release date,thats pretty bonkers,2 or 3 weeks of staring at a box will be a nightmare for anyone buying it:D

Someone in the Xbox forum got an email to confirm the release date on their X1 pre order has been changed to 5th Nov. So everything points towards it has been changed.

As you say bit bonkers!

I remember a mate was able to get me a PS1 2 days before release date but no games. Played the demo's for 2 days.

30 Secs of Demolition Derby and 1 round of Tekken.

This is the opposite, game staring at you and nothing to play it on.
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted the ps4 hardenened edition but its not available on amazon and game are charging £95 for it. So is it wise to get the ps3 hardened edition and upgrade to ps4? Will the season Pass carry over? Heard something like that but i am not too sure
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay-Cee wrote: »
    I wanted the ps4 hardenened edition but its not available on amazon and game are charging £95 for it. So is it wise to get the ps3 hardened edition and upgrade to ps4? Will the season Pass carry over? Heard something like that but i am not too sure

Yeah it's been confirmed the season pass will carry over from this gen to next gen consoles :)
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's been confirmed the season pass will carry over from this gen to next gen consoles :)

oh.....thanks might as well go that route then
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay-Cee wrote: »
    oh.....thanks might as well go that route then

Your Season Pass Upgrades at No Additional Cost

Priced at a suggested retail price of $49.99, £34.99, or €49.99, the Call of Duty: Ghosts Season Pass will upgrade to next-gen (from Xbox 360 to Xbox One, and from PS3 to PS4) at no additional cost. Offer is valid until May 31st, 2014.

The Call of Duty: Ghosts Season Pass is now available for pre-order on the Xbox Live Marketplace, PlayStation Store and at participating PC digital download retailers. The Season Pass includes access to four Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Map Packs, each delivering a collection of fresh Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer content and more. Gamers who purchase the Season Pass will also receive the Team Leader digital content pack that includes a unique multiplayer character head, weapon camo, reticle, player patch, player card and player background.
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aliens to be in a new game mode on Ghosts. Guess its Infinity Wards equivalent to zombies
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dedicated servers now confirmed across all platforms - that means current gen too.

Hilariously he cannot name the other consoles, even the 360! I guess MS want to push that you need an Xbox One for it, because cloud and things.

https://twitter.com/IWMarkRubin/status/387300010770976768
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Dedicated servers now confirmed across all platforms - that means current gen too.

Hilariously he cannot name the other consoles, even the 360! I guess MS want to push that you need an Xbox One for it, because cloud and things.

This typifies MS tactics - as I said before they will ensure PS4 versions of games will be gimped!
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    jokerz wrote: »
    This typifies MS tactics - as I said before they will ensure PS4 versions of games will be gimped!

And Sony would allow that?

Your getting predictable. Your name is fitting.
    Forum Member

Why are they being so damn vague? Even that twitter comment could mean just the xbox 360, xbox one and PC.

I can understand IW being under some sort of restriction with Microsoft but surely Sony themselves will know if Ghosts will have dedicated servers are not, so why isn't some one confirming it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Why are they being so damn vague? Even that twitter comment could mean just the xbox 360, xbox one and PC.

I can understand IW being under some sort of restriction with Microsoft but surely Sony themselves will know if Ghosts will have dedicated servers are not, so why isn't some one confirming it?
    Because money.

MS has a heap of partnerships with COD, not just for the game but extra bits like promotions, sponsoring e-sports events etc.

So for a competitor to come out going WE HAVE TEH SERVAS would go against the messaging.

So they'd have agreed with them to not advertise platform names.

This is a better tweet that essentially confirms PS3/PS4:
    https://twitter.com/IWMarkRubin/status/387298456726802433
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    And Sony would allow that?

Your getting predictable. Your name is fitting.

You played COD on a PS3? It is gimped...
    Forum Member
    You played COD on a PS3? It is gimped...

it what way? Serious question.
    Forum Member
    This is a better tweet that essentially confirms PS3/PS4:
    https://twitter.com/IWMarkRubin/status/387298456726802433

Which still doesn't confirm it. arrggghh!

This is a proper dick move by Microsoft if true,i could understand them paying for exclusivity when it comes to servers but to just pay off them not saying it is embarrassing.

The funny thing is, that it doesn't matter to the UK anyway because our American cousins will tell us before launch .:D
    Forum Member
    it what way? Serious question.

I have both. The graphical differences between most COD's is usually massive to my eyes. Lag is more common on the PS3 one too:)

Look up a digital foundry review or something and it usually shows the differences.
    Forum Member
    I have both. The graphical differences between most COD's is usually massive to my eyes. Lag is more common on the PS3 one too:)

Look up a digital foundry review or something and it usually shows the differences.

oh come on! So i'm guessing because GTA: online is having more problems on the ps3 than the xbox then thats Microsofts doing as well?Do you think MS moneyhatted Rockstar? Despite ps3 massive advertising campaign with GTAV?

There were a few games that DF found looked better on the xbox, i doubt any of them were down to MS payments.
    Forum Member
    oh come on! So i'm guessing because GTA:online is having more problems on the ps3 than the xbox then thats Microsofts doing as well? Despite ps3 massive advertising campaign with GTAV?

Oh no not at all. I wasn't implying that MS gimp games on PS3 I was saying that COD in General is poor on the PS3 - and that's the devs poor porting ability.
    Forum Member
    Oh no not at all. I wasn't implying that MS gimp games on PS3 I was saying that COD in General is poor on the PS3 - and that's the devs poor porting ability.

See, thats a lot different to using the word 'Gimped' which is usually used to infer that software is purposely made poorer .
    Forum Member
    See, thats a lot different to using the word 'Gimped' which is usually used to infer that software is purposely made poorer .

Yeah poor wording on my front, but jeez no need to nit pick:p:D
    Forum Member
    Yeah poor wording on my front, but jeez no need to nit pick:p:D

Yeah, my bad.:cool:
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cod is for gimps anyway. :p:D play a real game. ... battlefield is where the action is. :)
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Cod is for gimps anyway. :p:D play a real game. ... battlefield is where the action is. :)

CoD is like playing drafts, Battlefield is like chess. The thinking man'a game :p
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »

Says the man who played it for the last 3 years:p