How It's Made - Have any of you ever watched it?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    superb brilliant quality stuff.

I like Quest. building hotrods.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    mrkite77 wrote: »
    I'm curious, does How It's Made in the UK retain the original Canadian narrator? He's so damn soothing.

Here's an example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0D-i_oKvKQ

Nope, Tony Hirst narrates all the UK episodes.
  • murphster86murphster86 Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    How its Made has got me through many a boring night when theres been bugger all else on the tellybox.

I think i've even seen some of the episodes dozens of times but still enjoy watching them.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What amazes me is how complex some manufacturing processes have become.

You really get to see the production of so many things without a "wavy handed presenter" getting the way between the camera and the action.
    There's little modern day dumbing down.
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    LemonGrove wrote: »
    Nope, Tony Hirst narrates all the UK episodes.

Figured as much.. it seems that the majority of these types of shows get redubbed in the UK. Same goes for Mythbusters and Deadliest Catch etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    mrkite77 wrote: »
    Figured as much.. it seems that the majority of these types of shows get redubbed in the UK. Same goes for Mythbusters and Deadliest Catch etc.

After listening to that video I prefer the UK voice, it suits the type of programme better.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    daisydee wrote: »
    I was watching how peanut butter was made and puzzled as to how they extract the center of the peanut, as it said it is bitter, But it didn't show how this was done - how on earth would it be possible to extract the cente of every single peanut? :confused:
    There was a similar bit on Jimmy's Food Factory where it showed the process and it all done with big machinery, lasers, scanning etc.

Still couldn't tell you how though :D