Options

Biggest steaming pile you have seen this year?

Comments

• Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corialanus , Pretentious crap .
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    the one we saw last week 'The Five Year Engagement' was very tedious, overly long and in my view crappy !
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rock Of Ages was really, REALLY, bad.
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Johnny Depp vampire film, can't even remember the title.
  • Options
    RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Another Depp movie -

The Rum Diary...

I don't recall a vampire being in it so i presume another one:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That would be Dark Shadows ;)
  • Options
    InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    Prometheus was a let down
    Also I saw the final Harry Potter, was crap
  • Options
    steven walkingsteven walking Posts: 439
    Forum Member
    Spiderman was in my opinion pretty meh, script was meh, Garfield bored and the only saving grace was the FX's, thank christ i never paid to see it.
  • Options
    chris_bauerchris_bauer Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Rock of Ages

One of the worst films I have ever seen. Tom Cruise was very weird in it
  • Options
    Conall CearnachConall Cearnach Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moneyball.

I don't really know anything about baseball but the whole premise of the move seemed confusing to me. You buy players that are good at the game for cheap. Surely that's what all teams should be doing anyway. Does it really take a 2 hour movie to get this across? Good cast though.

Anyway I'm sure if you were an avid baseball fan it was a perfectly acceptable movie but for me it was a real snoreathon. Give me The Natural or even Field of Dreams any day.
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Prometheus. It had too many endings, everytime I thought it was going to end it just carried on going, was so bored

"Prometheus" was a massive disappointment. :( The cinematic
    equivalent of having a vulture gnaw on your liver
    for two hours. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    LathamiteLathamite Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Strings Attached. A film about Natalie Portman wanting to have lots of sex should not leave me bored and irritated.

I fell asleep watching The Woman in Black yesterday. Sooo dreary and dull.
  • Options
    chimpsy23chimpsy23 Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Prometheus
  • Options
    LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    chimpsy23 wrote: »
    Prometheus

Ditto.
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can concur re Rock of Ages and Battleship - I used a Monday Movies voucher for the latter on Blinkbox.. but had to stop it after an hour.

Rock of Ages was bad, but more of a "so bad it's good" manner.
  • Options
    Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched Highlander The Source yesterday, a complete and utter stinker of a movie.

Genuinely feel if I was given $13 million I could have come up with something a lot better.

It's only saving grace was it's runtime of only 80 minutes though it felt more like 3 hours.

$13 million for that movie??? I'd say shy of a million at a push, as much as I love the first film every thing that came afterwards seemed to have a budget on a par with low budget sci-fi/horror films.
  • Options
    *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chain Letter. I thought it was going to be based on the sinister Christopher Pike book I read as a kid and LOVED, but it was so terrible I couldn't watch it for more than 30 minutes. I tried to give it another go but nope...wasn't happening for me.

The Woman in Black was a disappointment as the book was so good (as was the tv version of course).
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cowboys & Aliens. One of the worst films i've ever seen. Someone please put Jon Favreau out of his misery.

Oh, and whoever slagged off Emma Stone will feel my wrath! :mad:
  • Options
    MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iggyman wrote: »
    Prometheus

I haven't been to see many movies this year and i'm being much more selective over what I spend my money on - but I'd have to go with this too.

A brilliant backstory and superb special effects, spoilt by sloppy writing and a lack of direction. It just seems to be a mishmash of elements from most of the previous films - thrown into a blender with some unrealistic characters.
  • Options
    Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pob-Bundy wrote: »
    $13 million for that movie??? I'd say shy of a million at a push, as much as I love the first film every thing that came afterwards seemed to have a budget on a par with low budget sci-fi/horror films.

It really did cost $13 million to make according to IMDB.
  • Options
    Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ghost Rider 2 was absolute rubbish, decent special effects but the rest was crap.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ghost rider - spirit of vengeance

If I can prevent another person from watching this awful pile of tripe i'll be happy

Ha Ha. I have not seen the first as I have had enough Cage to last me ten lifetimes. I was lent the SoV and could not believe he was paid for that performance! I can't remember the last line of the film - something like 'I am Ghost Rider' (imaginative I know), but what ever it is, he says it so drearily that I actually laughed out loud and woke the misses.

Ghost Rider: SoV +1
    attack the block

I quite enjoyed that film and I hate brainless chavs.
    Fowl Fax wrote: »
    Ghost Rider 2 was absolute rubbish, decent special effects but the rest was crap.

Great acting can save a film with poor SE. Not the other way round. :)
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piranha 3DD

It has zero of the first one's appeal. And the attempts at comedy are just embarrassing.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,270
    Forum Member
    Rock Of Ages.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Dredd 3D D-Box

Spent $23 at the Chinese 6 Theaters in Hollywood, California to see this turd. Not just the worst film of the year, worst film I've ever seen and I'm 38.

3D was extra, D-Box was an extra $8 on top of the 3D. To make things even worse, you're allocated a seat for D-Box, mine was next to a stinking tramp who listened to loud music on headphones throughout the film. Wouldn't do D-Box again.

Dredd has Terrible acting, terrible script, terrible plot, terrible 3D with the exception of a scene with floating "things" which all 3D movies seem to have (Avatar, Prometheus, Hugo, A Christmas Carol, I'm looking at you).