Options

Man vs Food

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoy Man Vs Food but I'm looking forward to the sequel Man Vs Colon Cancer
  • Options
    soda syphonsoda syphon Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    I enjoy watching the show, and most of the food looks mouthwateringly scrummy. But I do wonder why he isn't dead already!
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy watching the show, and most of the food looks mouthwateringly scrummy. But I do wonder why he isn't dead already!

In the last series Adam stopped doing the challenges himself and got in volunteers. I'm guessing this was on medical advice!

I enjoy the show, but mostly the trips to the small family restaurants more than the challenge.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Jerry Miah wrote: »
    Can Adam Richman sleep at night knowing what he forces down his neck at one sitting would feed an entire starving African village.
    Apart from a little indigestion I would of thought he'd sleep just fine.
  • Options
    Becki_StaffordBecki_Stafford Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Got to say I'm strangely addicted to this!
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He ate well at other times, excercised regularly (every day I believe) and did not eat the day before a challenge (although he still drank loads so his stoach wouldn't shrink).

In at least one show he takes part in a running race as part of the challenge, so can be seen to probably have a higher level of fitness than the average American (or for that matter the average UK resident).

As for the posters obvious delight in the image of Adam's stomach bursting, I'm afraid he gave up competitive eating a year ago so that probably won't be happening.

As for his sleeping habits I suppose that's to each person's own conscience. You may as well ask how any of us sleep at night in our lovely house with heating and lighting, watching multi-channel TV and accessing this forum on a variety of machines most of which probably cost more that a lot of people in the word have to feed their family for an entire year. I think a statistic I saw the other day said that if you earn more than £14,000 you are in the top 5% of the world's highest earners (could have even been the top 1%).

Once you have accepted that you have far more money than many people in the world will ever see in their lifetime, whether you choose to spend it on Broadband, Entertainmet Channels or huge portions or food is pretty much a moot point.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would always seem to turn this damn TV show on when I had no money and crumbs in the cupboard! Left me ravenous for meat!
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Adam admits to working out 'at least three times a day' when he's undertaking his food challenges.

Does anyone else find him strangely attractive?
  • Options
    Becki_StaffordBecki_Stafford Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    Adam admits to working out 'at least three times a day' when he's undertaking his food challenges.

A little :/
  • Options
    catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quizzimodo wrote: »
    Exactly my feeling.
    Hypnotic isn't it

Me too, I scan the tv schedules to find Man v Food as I like seeing the American diners (cafes not people). Glad Adam has given up the challenges.
    And yes, I do find him strangely attractive, those eyelashes;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    I was in Seattle in October 2011 and made an effort to find the local burger restaurant featured in one of the shows. Fantastic food, the onion rings were as shown too. Was made a fuss of as a Brit, which was nice, and the lady there said they'd got so much more business cos of that show, which was even better.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,926
    Forum Member
    In the last series Adam stopped doing the challenges himself and got in volunteers. I'm guessing this was on medical advice!

I enjoy the show, but mostly the trips to the small family restaurants more than the challenge.

What medical advice? Eating a huge meal every now and then won't do anyone any harm.
  • Options
    supertalksupertalk Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Found this show last year, and like it for what it is. No nonsense, food pron lol, with a fun challenge at the end. Since Adam has worked in almost every job in the restaurant trade, he clearly has a passion for food and it's easy to see on screen.

Take it for what it is, and leave it at that. No need to go on some moral high ground crusade slating the show or the presenter.
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone seen this hideous show? I can't watch someone eat themselves into submission. Absolutely vile. What exactly kind of a signal is this sending out to people? Eat way more than you need to in this greedy, consumerist society. :rolleyes:

Lol @ you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    So you had dry toast and water for Christmas dinner and donated all the money you would have spent to the starving?

If no one was allowed to enjoy food until the last person on the planet had a good diet, we'd all be the poorer.

I had a stroke in 2009 and because of the disabilities it left me with I can't work and live on benefits. Christmas lunch was OK but nothing special. I don't want to make too much of the next bit but through Action Aid I sponsor a young girl in Liberia called Beauty. Finding the money each month out of the welfare payments isn't easy and that is the reason I object to the appalling waste of money and food in the name of entertainment:confused:
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Does Beauty like spicy hot wings?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »

:mad:
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,926
    Forum Member
    I had a stroke in 2009 and because of the disabilities it left me with I can't work and live on benefits. Christmas lunch was OK but nothing special. I don't want to make too much of the next bit but through Action Aid I sponsor a young girl in Liberia called Beauty. Finding the money each month out of the welfare payments isn't easy and that is the reason I object to the appalling waste of money and food in the name of entertainment:confused:

Most tv is a waste of money if you insist on looking at it like that.
  • Options
    FaggyFaggy Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »

I certainly do :D
  • Options
    Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have only recently discovered the show, but do enjoy it, just to see all of the food :p

I do quite like Adam though :o
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I enjoy Man v Food and have to say some of the food does look scrumptious :D
    On the Dave episodes I've seen, Adam does the challenges, but I've yet to see one where he fails :D
  • Options
    Corky DukeCorky Duke Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have seen a few episodes of the show and amazed how he gets through some of the food thats given to him.

Seen an episode where he was in Las Vegas and I was surprised he didn't go to the Heart Attack Grill, I would of liked to have seen him tackle the quaduple bypass burger.

He seems to eat it so I cant really see where food is wasted and taking Man V Food off the air is not going to solve world hunger.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I saw the one where he ate that Inferno Chilli or something (with peppers 50x hotter than a jalapeno) and the other one with a phaal curry :eek:
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Nice review from Charlie Brooker here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2010/mar/13/charlie-brooker-man-v-food

Quote:
    But what I'd really like to see is what happens the next morning, when the show presumably turns into Man V Poo, as Richman empties the dauntingly substantial, hopelessly compacted contents of his engorged colon, clenching the bathroom doorhandle between his teeth as he attempts to give birth to a leg-sized hunk of fecal sod without killing himself. Cue footage of him sweating, shaking and sobbing like a man impaled on a clay tree, before eventually squeezing out a log with the dimensions and weight of a dead gazelle in a greased sleeping bag.
  • Options
    WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »

hahahaha