Options

What radio station are you listening to right this minute? (part 2)

Comments

• Options
    paul epaul e Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Easy Rock Paradise.

www.easyrockparadise.com
  • Options
    Nick_GNick_G Posts: 5,137
    Forum Member
    Radio Študent, Ljubljana
  • Options
    wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radio Yorkshire
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    There are some good Dance/upbeat stations around on the net these days.

Non-Stop Play, finally updated and sounding fresh and very tight. It's been around for 11 years amazingly! As part of their relaunch, they now have 2 stations...Non-stop play mainstream, which oddly includes some indie rock....not too sure about that myself! But they have non-stop play pure dance too, which does what it says on the tin. Listening to Pure dance myself. http://www.nonstopplay.com/ (although you have to use the popup player to find it, quite hidden for some reason!)

www.crucialradio.net is pretty fresh as well, they have Dave Pearce on now - guessing it's the same show which is available on FM, but a pretty big coup for a net radio outfit I think. They have some impressive names at the weekends all being told, after having a look through their schedule. Some great sounding music on their playlists during the day too, and it's always kept very fresh and up to date.

Also one mentioned above, PowerON EDM is a good station - a proper anthem sounding playlist. Their website is great (although not keen on it playing automatically on visiting), easy to use and quite stylish - I quite like their promotional slogans and all in all, quite a good outfit. Their sung imaging is a bit different, but annoyingly catchy! (so i guess it works!)

Rapture Radio is another good one, pretty much non-stop jukebox dance....but full of great classics and the latest dance from today, a really good listen and you can hear the work that goes into it - really slickly produced - and if you're nostalgic like me, you'll get flash backs when you hear the imaging as it's just the audio of what was in use on RaptureTV all those years ago!
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wave 102 on Tunein.
  • Options
    Evie-Grace_2Evie-Grace_2 Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Radio 2 ( Sunday Night With Michael Ball)
  • Options
    andrew1973andrew1973 Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JACK FM Berkshire, been listening nearly constantly since 2pm. Can't say I've heard a single repeated song yet and such a wide selection of songs, some of which I've not heard before.

Actual music variety.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio 2,
  • Options
    welsh_Elwelsh_El Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heart.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Irvinbeatfm.com l-107.2
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WGN 720 and their coverage of a New York Yankees @ Chicago Cubs Major League Baseball game via Gameday Audio on my MLB At Bat mobile app.
  • Options
    darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mansize radio ;)
  • Options
    FM_BanditFM_Bandit Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCarn2 wrote: »
    There are some good Dance/upbeat stations around on the net these days.

www.crucialradio.net is pretty fresh as well, they have Dave Pearce on now - guessing it's the same show which is available on FM, but a pretty big coup for a net radio outfit I think. They have some impressive names at the weekends all being told, after having a look through their schedule. Some great sounding music on their playlists during the day too, and it's always kept very fresh and up to date.

Thanks for pointing this one out. First I've heard of them. Quite RnB-heavy but well put together. They stream at a whopping 320kbps :o Not great for mobile listening or capped home broadband plans!

Another one for your list is MyloRadio.net run by the Bauer Network's Danny Mylo.
  • Options
    TennisFreak08TennisFreak08 Posts: 9,451
    Forum Member
    Old Skool Hour on Radio 1Xtra Breakfast
  • Options
    jeffkey1jeffkey1 Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    BBC Radio Berkshire - Tony Blackburn's weekend warm-up on my Galaxy S3 with the BBC IPlayer Radio.
  • Options
    DiandalScotlandDiandalScotland Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    FM_Bandit wrote: »
    Thanks for pointing this one out. First I've heard of them. Quite RnB-heavy but well put together. They stream at a whopping 320kbps :o Not great for mobile listening or capped home broadband plans!

Another one for your list is MyloRadio.net run by the Bauer Network's Danny Mylo.

Interesting find. Seeing DJ Otzi on the last few songs played rang some alarm bells though ;-)

Yeah, 320kbps was how I found it funnily enough! Searched for high bit-rate streams and there it was! It's not as RnB heavy as it used to be, seems to be slowly evolving into more of a dance station.

I think we'll see more high bit-rate streams in the future, as bandwidth costs are reducing server side and home internet connections get better..and 4G becomes more widespread etc.
  • Options
    William128William128 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A musical tribute to Laser558...

http://laser558alleuroperadio.tk/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matchday Live on talkSPORT - coverage of the Championship Play-Off Final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Up All Night on Radio 5 Live
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kick Off with Mark Saggers on talkSPORT.
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Radio 2 folk night.
    Recorded at Orkney folk festival.
  • Options
    Kitt 2000Kitt 2000 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marc Griffiths live on Radio Caroline until 11pm...

www.radiocaroline.co.uk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alternating between KissFM and Radio 5 Live
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolute 60s