EE - Is there a reason behind making Kat and Ronnie pregnant at the same time again?

fawltytowers93fawltytowers93 Posts: 1,872
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This is the second time both Kat and Ronnie are pregnant at the same time together.

Obviously their pregnancies don't tie in this time, as Kat will give birth quite some time before Ronnie does.

Is there a reason behind them doing this again? There obviously won't be anymore baby-swapping or cot deaths, but do you think the writers could have something else planned here?

Comments

• CriticFanCriticFan Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat and Ronnie could take their babys to nursery and thats when the swapping starts.
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronnie's seemed to be a sudden change of direction, so I would say no.

I would like to see Kat/Alfie a little anxious over it when they find out, though. It didn't make sense to me that they haven't mentioned Tommy's kidnapper being two doors away.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. Ronnie has lost her baby and is coming back for one of Kat's twins. The baby swap storyline was such a success the writers have decided to do it again.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kats gonna plot revenge and steal Ronnies kid this time
  • CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I laughed about it when I realised, Ronnie and Kat preggers at the same time!

Reverse baby swap this time? Kat can do the swapping!
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seconds out, round 2! :cool:
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kim_x wrote: »
    Ronnie's seemed to be a sudden change of direction, so I would say no.

I would like to see Kat/Alfie a little anxious over it when they find out, though. It didn't make sense to me that they haven't mentioned Tommy's kidnapper being two doors away.

Yes, I've noticed that it's something that really bothers you. :(
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the second time both Kat and Ronnie are pregnant at the same time together.

Obviously their pregnancies don't tie in this time, as Kat will give birth quite some time before Ronnie does.

Is there a reason behind them doing this again? There obviously won't be anymore baby-swapping or cot deaths, but do you think the writers could have something else planned here?

no, I dont think so

maybe the writers are trying to give Ronnie a piece of happiness in her life and a baby is the way forward........
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    If the babies were due a bit closer together they could have done a comedy scene where they both accidentally take the wrong kids from day care (or something similar) before realising about 5 minutes later :D
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus giving Ronnie a baby is probably the only way they can cut the apron strings between her and Roxy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't realise this at all.
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did wonder if its DTC trying to right another wrong like he did with Stacey confessing she killed Archie to the police.
  • Mr MoriartyMr Moriarty Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm gonna laugh my ass of if they do another baby swap
  • CriticFanCriticFan Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise this at all.

Same!!
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably setting up a romance between the kids in 18 years time, Kat and Ronnie eating christmas dinner together while there kids are getting it on, Alfie will be dead, Roxy will still be living like a 18 year old and Kat's skirts wouldn't of got any shorter.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    I think it's just coincidence, I doubt they would do another baby swap as it would be a boring repeat of a storyline that was a farce imo anyway!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there might be a little bit of prams at dawn but Kat and Ronnie are pretty much cool now and I think they will bond more with baby sitting going at some points.

I always thought Ronnie would die saving Roxy/Amy...sacrificing herself to save someone but now she has her own kid I dont think they will kill her off. She's bound to be super possessive and protective of this baby but surely she has to pay for Carl at some point?
  • Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    I did wonder if its DTC trying to right another wrong like he did with Stacey confessing she killed Archie to the police.

Think the same and Ronnie will probably actually have this baby this time.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think DTC is trying to create as many future characters as possible to populate the show in future, 4 babies so far finger crossed nothing happens, how many more before he leaves, I reckon a few more could be on the cards.