I've never felt so out of touch with this forum.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww... Group hug?...
  • rhizo_maniarhizo_mania Posts: 4,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    atko wrote: »
    Helen has a growing number of fans because what you see is what you get with her. She was nasty in week 1 but since then hasn't really done anything wrong. The 'fight' with Matthew she was totally right but went about it the wrong way, if she had thought about it she could have made Matthew feel so small! He wasn't playing their game so had no business disrupting it, as Helen said, he should have took himself elsewhere if he didn't want to play. That's her only problem, the way she comes across or approaches arguments. Speaking her mind she has a right to do like everyone else. On the other hand Ashleigh is a manipulating bitch who hasn't had a nice thing to say about anyone yet not one of the other housemates have done a damned thing to her personally! She has attacked everyone, people call Helen vile but some of the things Ashleigh has said has been far worse! Look how she manipulated the other girls in to voting how she wanted in this weeks nominations then the next thing we saw was her calling Kimberly a "f*****g bitch"! She's a horrible individual!!!!

Have you not forgotten weeks two and three :( Helen only calmed down a bit after getting her final warning.....
  • atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you not forgotten weeks two and three :( Helen only calmed down a bit after getting her final warning.....

When?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donna65 wrote: »
    Sorry just can't agree with a word you say. How you can justify Helen and call Ashleigh "a horrible individual" is beyond the realms of my comprehension.

Er because she is.........they both are.
  • StrawberryLacesStrawberryLaces Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    storm818 wrote: »
    No because i am basing my judgment on what i am watching with my very own eyes. You can't assume based on something you've seen, you can assume on what you haven't seen.

You can assume on something you've seen. I've often 'seen' a longer BB clip which is edited down in the HL show and has given a completely different interpretation/assumption as to what is happening. But thats the nature of the game. And that's why it's silly for people to 'hate' the characters. What do we actually know about any of them? In the old days we used to know all about their lives and family. We've nothing to 'judge' them on really.
  • ArtieArtie Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The so called cool kids are actually the school bullies with few redeeming qualities. The only reason Helen is still there is that BB let her off lightly and because she's female. A man who behaved as abusively and threateningly as she has would be gone by now.

Goodness knows who the BB voters are but they are people I don't want to know. The housemates who stand up to bullies get voted off and the bullies stay. What a sad indictment of the voting public.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Helsbels46 wrote: »
    I couldn't disagree with your post more - I see Helen in a completely different light and, if she really does have a growing number of fans, I find that really depressing :(

Helen possibly represents a significant percentage of British women hence growing support.
    There are many Helens in Britain.
    Likes her drink, once tipsy likes to argue and may threaten to "smash someone's head in" girls like this were a dime a dozen back in a certain town that I used to live in.
    I like the fact she does speak her mind but sometimes less is more.
  • Marc_Anthony1Marc_Anthony1 Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helen does have redeeming characteristics. She is fair and just loses her top when angry. She is upfront, honest and straightforward. She is too much and aggressive, but she is self aware and realises her mistakes and I can see a lovely side to her. She is gonna turn it round and completely sway people in her favour. She has obviously been through a lot and has the personality of a damaged girl in childhood, I would guess some kind of trauma. She can't help her nature, she can only try to improve how she works with it. Ashleigh is just a boring, misrery guts who needs to get out of her own arsehole. Needs a good drink and a kick up the arse. Probably got away with everything as a child like a spoilt brat, I'm similar age and people like that are the sorts that bullied me at school. Ashleigh has the cheek to call everyone else bitches and spiteful, yet she says nothing to people's faces and acts all nice to them the next minute. She has nothing redeemable other than her looks and her ability to make me sleepy, which is useful when I can't get to sleep. I find a YouTube clip of her latest bitch and it sends me to sleep, her pouting and looking down thinking she's something special just makes me laugh. She's a nobody really. Like most of them haha.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can imagine the BB voting public can relate to a "chav" like Helen who has imperfections more than "middle class" posh Toffy Matthew.
  • SAFC_DerrySAFC_Derry Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can also blame BOTS for that too because they are obsessed with having panel on & psychologists calling Helen vile & repulsive every night. There is no balance at all & the public are not stupid!

Are you for real! So it's the panel and the psychologists fault for stating what every right thinking person can see. As for not being stupid are you saying the trained psychologists are?
  • atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SAFC_Derry wrote: »
    Are you for real! So it's the panel and the psychologists fault for stating what every right thinking person can see. As for not being stupid are you saying the trained psychologists are?

Yes I am saying they are! They are either way off the mark or state the obvious!! If you read my comment it said "also" not exclusively blame them! You're post is like a poorly edited episode of BB not reading back through comments for the full story!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen does have redeeming characteristics. She is fair and just loses her top when angry. She is upfront, honest and straightforward. She is too much and aggressive, but she is self aware and realises her mistakes and I can see a lovely side to her. She is gonna turn it round and completely sway people in her favour. She has obviously been through a lot and has the personality of a damaged girl in childhood, I would guess some kind of trauma. She can't help her nature, she can only try to improve how she works with it. Ashleigh is just a boring, misrery guts who needs to get out of her own arsehole. Needs a good drink and a kick up the arse. Probably got away with everything as a child like a spoilt brat, I'm similar age and people like that are the sorts that bullied me at school. Ashleigh has the cheek to call everyone else bitches and spiteful, yet she says nothing to people's faces and acts all nice to them the next minute. She has nothing redeemable other than her looks and her ability to make me sleepy, which is useful when I can't get to sleep. I find a YouTube clip of her latest bitch and it sends me to sleep, her pouting and looking down thinking she's something special just makes me laugh. She's a nobody really. Like most of them haha.

And here we have it, the post of the series with so many interesting well observed facts based on a heavily edited reality show (not sure which one though):o
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been coming on here for years and generally enjoy the banter with the various fans of different HMs. I tend to support the general forum favourite - Dexter was my fav last year and although there were loads of Gina fans too, it seemed fairly evenly balanced. However, in the last week I've found myself increasingly at odds with the growing number of anti Ashleigh threads - I'm not even a particular fan of hers, but feel the need to defend her, when people post such awful things about her. What also shocks me is the growing number of people who appear to support Helen, who, in my opinion, has no redeeming characteristics. Tonight's reaction to Matthew's exit, is the final straw really. Anyone else feel the same?

I felt like that last year. The forum wasn't balanced at all if you didn't like Gina or Dexter, and I loathed both of them. Their popularity seemed a weird mystery. So I felt more in touch this year, at first, even though defending Ashleigh was much like defending Hazel last year. But I agree with you about the reaction to Matthew's exit.

It's not clear how much support Helen really has. A lot of it seems to be from people who support other HMs (such as Jale and Kim) whose popularity might suffer from their friendliness with Helen. If defending Helen makes her seem less bad, that makes those who are friendly with her seem less bad too; and it's nice to be able to fight battles away from the territory you really care about.

But some of the pro-Helen posts are reminding me of Gina's ridiculous popularity last year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen does have redeeming characteristics. She is fair and just loses her top when angry. She is upfront, honest and straightforward. She is too much and aggressive, but she is self aware and realises her mistakes and I can see a lovely side to her. ....

I had to stop there. Helen's not self-aware. She's one of the least self-aware HMs there's been. That's why it took BB warning her and finally issuing a formal warning before she stopped being so openly aggressive. She couldn't see it herself. BB had to force her to think about what she's doing. And she hasn't changed because she realises her mistakes or has a lovely side. She's worried that BB will throw her out, that's all.

She's not fair, upfront, honest, or straightforward either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    Helen does have redeeming characteristics - we all do - and Gina's popularity wasn't wholly ridiculous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can also blame BOTS for that too because they are obsessed with having panel on & psychologists calling Helen vile & repulsive every night. There is no balance at all & the public are not stupid!
    SAFC_Derry wrote: »
    Yes I am saying they are! They are either way off the mark or state the obvious!! If you read my comment it said "also" not exclusively blame them! You're post is like a poorly edited episode of BB not reading back through comments for the full story!

Good to see you're a behavioural expert as well (Since all these experts are way off the mark or state the obvious). I can read fine thanks but I'm disappointed you think my post is poorly edited:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YesNoMan wrote: »
    Helen does have redeeming characteristics - we all do - and Gina's popularity wasn't wholly ridiculous.

Helen may have some redeeming characteristics, but if so, they aren't being self-aware, fair, upfront, honest, or straightforward. She did show a softer side once with Chris.

Normally a HM who acted like Gina would have been detested.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes OP, I do feel the same.
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im only going to watch the rest of this season for ashleigh when she is outy then so am i!
  • Donna65Donna65 Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artie wrote: »
    The so called cool kids are actually the school bullies with few redeeming qualities. The only reason Helen is still there is that BB let her off lightly and because she's female. A man who behaved as abusively and threateningly as she has would be gone by now.

Goodness knows who the BB voters are but they are people I don't want to know. The housemates who stand up to bullies get voted off and the bullies stay. What a sad indictment of the voting public.

Absolutely, Artie.
  • LuverlyAJLuverlyAJ Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been coming on here for years and generally enjoy the banter with the various fans of different HMs. I tend to support the general forum favourite - Dexter was my fav last year and although there were loads of Gina fans too, it seemed fairly evenly balanced. However, in the last week I've found myself increasingly at odds with the growing number of anti Ashleigh threads - I'm not even a particular fan of hers, but feel the need to defend her, when people post such awful things about her. What also shocks me is the growing number of people who appear to support Helen, who, in my opinion, has no redeeming characteristics. Tonight's reaction to Matthew's exit, is the final straw really. Anyone else feel the same?

I understand your views on the personalities within the show but I don't understand why you care what the forum thinks.
    The forum isn't an entity with one view. There are a lot of very vocal people who spew opinion at an alarming rate and there are others who make a few salient remarks and move on.
    Be the latter and don't bother about the former,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YesNoMan wrote: »

What are Helens, I have not seen any.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helen has a growing number of fans because what you see is what you get with her. She was nasty in week 1 but since then hasn't really done anything wrong. The 'fight' with Matthew she was totally right but went about it the wrong way, if she had thought about it she could have made Matthew feel so small! He wasn't playing their game so had no business disrupting it, as Helen said, he should have took himself elsewhere if he didn't want to play. That's her only problem, the way she comes across or approaches arguments. Speaking her mind she has a right to do like everyone else. On the other hand Ashleigh is a manipulating bitch who hasn't had a nice thing to say about anyone yet not one of the other housemates have done a damned thing to her personally! She has attacked everyone, people call Helen vile but some of the things Ashleigh has said has been far worse! Look how she manipulated the other girls in to voting how she wanted in this weeks nominations then the next thing we saw was her calling Kimberly a "f*****g bitch"! She's a horrible individual!!!!

Well done, excellent example of complete nincompoopism.
  • GrandmotherGrandmother Posts: 2,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So this is basically another anti-Helen thread? Fair enough, but why dress it up?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im only going to watch the rest of this season fisr ashleigh when she is outy then so am i!

Same here, watching the show with the dull clique and their fake showmances is an instant turn off.