Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 56)

Comments

• Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    I think you're misunderstanding what I said or I just didn't explain well. I'm not saying they will be enormous or they could achieve anything like SLY - but I know that they are the type of raw emotional songs that could capture the public's imagination. The stripped production with Leona's vocals resonating during a high-profile performance on something like X Factor could definitely do well though - not would, could. It's been proven time and time again over the years that with the right song, Leona could make an impact in the charts with a performance like that. Also, I'm not saying that's how Island should promote Leona's lead single. I'm saying that's how she could promote a ballad album-track. Something that would benefit from that kind of exposure.

Probably abit of both but I understand what you're trying to get across a lot better now and I agree with a lot of it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I can't stop listening to those three tiny snippets, Heart Wreck sounds soo good imo.

I hope they leak, it'll tide us over until the lead drops. I don't really care about the whole "but if they leak we can't trade them for other songs!!!1!" excuse. The production on Dark Love, City Streets sounds really compelling. I'm betting through all these songs, the leaks and the official tracks, there's a very good album in there.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we know who wrote/produced Heart Wreck?
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably abit of both but I understand what you're trying to get across a lot better now and I agree with a lot of it :)

Haha good. :D However, I'm all for Leona making a new song that has the raw feel of those two tracks.

It's so weird how we have absolutely no idea where Leona is going with this record. Has she got a lot of creative control? Has she got little say in the major decisions since it's her first album with Island? Is her music going to be very creative but not commercial? Is it going to be packed full of hits? Is she going to be marketed as an Adult Contemporary artist or as a popstar or as a diva?

I don't have a clue. :D
  • Options
    Krusty111Krusty111 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we know who wrote/produced Heart Wreck?

Luke Laird, Hillary Lindsey and Leona
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha good. :D However, I'm all for Leona making a new song that has the raw feel of those two tracks.

It's so weird how we have absolutely no idea where Leona is going with this record. Has she got a lot of creative control? Has she got little say in the major decisions since it's her first album with Island? Is her music going to be very creative but not commercial? Is it going to be packed full of hits? Is she going to be marketed as an Adult Contemporary artist or as a popstar or as a diva?

I don't have a clue. :D

I know, its a little frustrating not knowing anything but oddly at the same time very exciting!!!
    Krusty111 wrote: »
    Luke Laird, Hillary Lindsey and Leona

Thanks, Leona hasn't released music written by either of those, has she? I know Hillary Lindsey was behind Black Water too, that is a track that really intrigues me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Leona hasn't released music written by either of those, has she? I know Hillary Lindsey was behind Black Water too, that is a track that really intrigues me.

Both are from the Nashville sessions, quite a few members who post on here have all the Glassheart outtakes. Hopefully we'll get a leak at some point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both are from the Nashville sessions, quite a few members who post on here have all the Glassheart outtakes. Hopefully we'll get a leak at some point.

:o As in there are posters on here who have all the Glassheart songs that never made the album? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o As in there are posters on here who have all the Glassheart songs that never made the album? :o

There are some they don't even have though, the ones that seem to have not leaked are Blank Page, We Found Love and Perfectly You, theres probably more, but they do have a lot of the leaks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah I wouldn't mind a leak, or just a random download link pm'd to me if anyone is paying attention. ;-):p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I wouldn't mind a leak, or just a random download link pm'd to me if anyone is paying attention. ;-):p

Ditto. A problem shared is a problem halved. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    https://soundcloud.com/adair-1/by-tomorrow-this-will-be

Guess that's the demo her demo is based on

Very Echo-esque adult contemporary, no?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jon0190 wrote: »

That is quite 'Echo-esque', I quite like it, sounds like Leona's version has been reproduced though and has a less 'Echo-esque' feel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you know what song has just came back into my mind, which title has always intrigued me, Hangin All The Roses, I think it was written with Dallas Austin, I'd love to hear that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the snippets!! Heart Wreck definitely sounds like it came from the Nashville sessions as it sounds a little more country with the acoustic guitar in the chorus. Dark Love City Streets sounds amazing even though it's just the vocal sketch, and By Tomorrow sounds really beautiful. I'd be happy with a leak :)
  • Options
    Frank823Frank823 Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's Ina Wroldsen (Heartbeat/My Hands). I wonder if Arnthor Birgisson produced the track for Leona. Her voice sounds so pretty on it. :'(
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh wow, that's uploaded 3 years ago :eek:
  • Options
    Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona won't use any of her old demo's that have leaked I don't think. It wouldn't look very good on her Island move if she had songs on her new album that were recorded when she was still under Simon's label. And some reviewers would be aware of that and would use that to have a dig at Leona and suggest Island couldn't be bothered investing much into her so got her to re-record some old tracks.

Everything needs to be fresh, she needs a big budget and not just for the making of the album but also the marketing. I feel that Island will go all out since it's her first album with them and they're aware that her career needs a huge revival, so I'm not too worried. I just hope they have a clear audience for the next album. I think contemporary artist is the way to go, rather than the pop diva that she was first launched as. Diva's don't really have a place in the industry anymore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @autumnband 42m
    @leonalewis @jonrabbilevine awesome couple days guys. We love u jon

He is a producer who has worked with Selea Gomez, Cher Lloyd, Nelly Furtado and more.

I assume that means they have been recording the last couple of days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a producer who has worked with Selea Gomez, Cher Lloyd, Nelly Furtado and more.

I wonder if the pic she posted was in his house then?
  • Options
    kokoskokos Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He also worked with Leona on Your Hallelujah
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not more Autumn Rowe. :(

She can probably write a good melody for a lullaby (SJ, YH) but she's incompetent of writing a good pop song.
  • Options
    Luuk LewisLuuk Lewis Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not more Autumn Rowe. :(

She can probably write a good melody for a lullaby (SJ, YH) but she's incompetent of writing a good pop song.

As much as I like Autumn, I totally agree with this.
  • Options
    Mike91Mike91 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heart Wreck is incredible. Would love to hear that in full.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8 more days until next gig :D I wonder what she'll sing
This discussion has been closed.