Might be a bit low. Would think they will get at least 400

Small interest for me
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    dtcdtcdtc wrote: »
    Spreads calling India runs at 352 - 367

Might be a bit low. Would think they will get at least 400

Small interest for me

cook was saying he thinks there will be a lot of swing around this morning , so a lot is going to depend on this first session

if india get to lunch relatively unscathed it could be a tough remainder of the day for us
  • dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The full line - ups

England Team

AN Cook*, SD Robson, GS Ballance, IR Bell, JE Root, MM Ali, MJ Prior†, BA Stokes, SCJ Broad, LE Plunkett, JM Anderson

India Team

M Vijay, S Dhawan, CA Pujara, V Kohli, AM Rahane, RA Jadeja, MS Dhoni*†, STR Binny, B Kumar, I Sharma, Mohammed Shami
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not the start Jimmy was looking for.
    Forum Member
    not an auspicious start , 12 off the first over and not really much of the swing cook was suggesting there would be
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking a touch ominous so far, 350+ for 1 or 2 at the close type ominous.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a ball
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cracking catch as well
    Forum Member
    needed that

pujara is the guy that worries me most , could do with getting him early and getting kohli to the crease with a still new-ish ball
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congrats to Jimmy on his 50th Test wicket at Trent Bridge

Wonder if he likes it here:)
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No DRS in this series of course.
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    No DRS in this series of course.

forgot about that

lets hope there isn't a really obvious howler at an important time
    Forum Member
    really cant understand why stokes is coming on to bowl before plunkett , cook did the same in the sri lanka tests and it was 15-20 overs into the innings before plunkett got a bowl despite being the fastest of the seamers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    forgot about that

lets hope there isn't a really obvious howler at an important time

I hope there is and it goes against India, might help make them fall into line with everyone else.
    Forum Member
    I hope there is and it goes against India, might help make them fall into line with everyone else.

nah cant see it making any difference tbh and wouldn't like to see a game maybe being decided by something like that

altho atm I would take a bit of a howler in our favour ;-)
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wonder if something similar the last over of the England v Sri Lanka test at Lord's would make them think again about their refusal to use DRS?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if something similar the last over of the England v Sri Lanka test at Lord's would make them think again about their refusal to use DRS?

You'd think so wouldn't you, although I wouldn't count on it. If you remember the last time they were over, Broad's hattrick wouldn't have happened if they had DRS due to a massive inside edge when he had Harbhajan LBW.

Looking like we could be in for a long old day at this rate.
    Forum Member
    india could be regretting not picking ashwin after seeing those couple of overs from ali , theres been nothing in it for the seamers but he was getting a hint of turn already and with England going to be batting last a second spinner might have been useful
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 up for India already, looking ominous this could be at least 300-350 by stumps
    Forum Member
    richie4eva wrote: »
    100 up for India already, looking ominous this could be at least 300-350 by stumps

there is absolutely nothing in this pitch for the seamers which I cant understand

plunkett just bowled a bouncer there that was a couple of yards short of carrying to prior which is not something you should be seeing in the first session of a test match

I don't want to see pitches where we see teams getting bowled out for 150 in two sessions but there has to be something in it for the bowlers on the first morning
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's wait to see England batting on it before we say there's nothing in this pitch. If there are any demons in there we'll manage to find them!
    Forum Member
    Bosox wrote: »
    Let's wait to see England batting on it before we say there's nothing in this pitch. If there are any demons in there we'll manage to find them!

most of those demons are in the heads rather than the pitch tho ;-)

this pitch is already dry and will obviously get drier as the game goes on so jadeja could end up being a big factor
    Forum Member
    good news and bad news about the over rates today

we are going to get a full 30 overs before lunch but that means no chance of cook getting banned for slow over rates :p
    Forum Member
    106-1 at lunch

looking to have been a very very good toss for dhoni to have won
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good toss to win and India have made the most of it

Updated spreads at lunch 454 - 469

Think I'll wait till they reach 500 before closing my position😄
This discussion has been closed.