Options

booking driving test

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,953
Forum Member
✭✭✭
hi everyone I need some help quickly if you can

for some reason, i was a complete thicko and let my brother book my driving test online for me, I gave him the details he needed to do so.

I told him to go on the official site, but he ended up going on a site called booktest.co.uk.

I got an email confirming a test date, in lewisham and I live nowhere near that :confused:.

they also charged like 82 quid for it which i thought was a bit much but assumed it was fine cause me like an idiot assumed it was being done by the official site.

So has anyone used the site before?

I will ring up dsa tomorrow morning to sort it out but was wandering if anyone had used the site before and their experience with it?

Thanks,

Ps: sorry if this sounds all over dramatic, im just a bit upset right now as its like my first driving test and i want it done all properly :mad::(:(:cry:.

Comments

• Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ring the DSA tomorrow and check if they know who the site is and if you can move the booking. They seem like a booking company to me.. I wouldn't ever use a company like that. They often charge an admin fee that is a rip off.

The proper site is

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Motoringtransactions/DG_066356
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ring the DSA tomorrow and check if they know who the site is and if you can move the booking. They seem like a booking company to me.. I wouldn't ever use a company like that. They often charge an admin fee that is a rip off.

The proper site is

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Motoringtransactions/DG_066356

hi thanks for the reply, yeah thats what I intend to do

I would never normally use a site like that, I trusted my brother was on the correct site (hes like only 13 but hes usually good with this stuff- im silly I know :o)
    Thanks for the link, was just on that now.

does anyone have any experiences with using the site?
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, basically, someone has set up a site charging you an extra £20 or £30 to book a test for you. Presumably they then just go onto the DSA website and book it like normal.

Something doesn't seem right about them to me, if you google "booktest.co.uk" (with quotes) you get hardly any results and according to nominet the domain was registered in 2008, so you would expect a company that has been operation for almost 2 years to have gained some feedback.

I would ring DSA tomorrow, but that 'company' don't actually have anything to do with the DSA, so they might not even have a record of the booking yet.

When was it booked via that site?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    So, basically, someone has set up a site charging you an extra £20 or £30 to book a test for you. Presumably they then just go onto the DSA website and book it like normal.

Something doesn't seem right about them to me, if you google "booktest.co.uk" (with quotes) you get hardly any results and according to nominet the domain was registered in 2008, so you would expect a company that has been operation for almost 2 years to have gained some feedback.

I would ring DSA tomorrow, but that 'company' don't actually have anything to do with the DSA, so they might not even have a record of the booking yet.

When was it booked via that site?

hi, thanks for replying, yeah the site seems wierd, i mean i only found out today it was booked that way as i am stupid :o.

I booked two days ago, and recieved confirmation of the test at like midnight-ish.

which i thought was wierd but i thought it was automated so would be okay.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the confirmation email gave you the booking reference number (they should have got one when they booked it via phone or net and I would hope they would have passed that on to you), you should be able to log onto the DSA website, view the booking and change the test centre/date yourself.

https://pt.dsa.gov.uk/tests/tests_E/pt/index.asp?test=pt

It is very easy to do, just follow the steps it will show the test details and let you change the centre.

You should get written confirmation through the post about the test from the DSA too. Which usually comes quite quick so you should expect that in the next few days (remember if you change any details in the mean time, the original letter may have been sent out already so you might get a letter with the old information and then an updated one a few days later).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    If the confirmation email gave you the booking reference number (they should have got one when they booked it via phone or net and I would hope they would have passed that on to you), you should be able to log onto the DSA website, view the booking and change the test centre/date yourself.

https://pt.dsa.gov.uk/tests/tests_E/pt/index.asp?test=pt

It is very easy to do, just follow the steps it will show the test details and let you change the centre.

You should get written confirmation through the post about the test from the DSA too. Which usually comes quite quick so you should expect that in the next few days (remember if you change any details in the mean time, the original letter may have been sent out already so you might get a letter with the old information and then an updated one a few days later).

Hey, thanks so much for your link its all sorted noww :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, if they've done it on the DSA site for you then it's fairly simple to change the date for certain as I did it, and so I presume you can change the location as well :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SophStar wrote: »
    Hey, thanks so much for your link its all sorted noww :)

Yaaaay :D:D:D
  • Options
    ZincubusZincubus Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Google the company called "Booktest" to see all the complaints about them ... they have been around for years ..... they basically just charge you £20 to let them book your test !!

It is easier , safer , quicker and £20 cheaper to use the official booking site ....allegedly :)

They have managed , somehow, to get the TOP space when you Google "Driving Test" !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to everyone replying :).

Now I can go tweet about it :o.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't be too harsh on your brother, the site does look quite legit and it was probably one of the first hits on google.
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SophStar wrote: »
    hes like only 13 but hes usually good with this stuff

So you've given your 13 year old brother your Debit/Credit Card details :confused:
  • Options
    ZincubusZincubus Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be too harsh on your brother, the site does look quite legit and it was probably one of the first hits on google.

The first and second options both offer the same "service" !!!!! .

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&rlz=1W1PBEA_en&q=book+driving++test+&meta=&aq=&oq=book+driving++test+&fp=b4cf6fad4ba38e6b