LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
Forum Member
It has never been calculated by the number of ads (although LBC may decide to do this), as far as Ofcom are concerned it is the number of minutes.

Between the news and travel when they are broadcast straight after each other at peaks, there is never more than one ad between ("the travel follows next" ie after the ad !!).

Yes - they have just played another five lasting 2.5 minutes. I might have an hour or two timing it sometime soon as I am not convinced what is happening is right. I can't stand J O'B - to me he is a creep - so it won't be this morning.

I just had the misfortune to hear 10 minutes of him around 10.30am news. First he lectured a caller in a very piggish way about establishing facts before ringing rather than providing anecdotes. Then immediately afterwards he said that he would have liked to have interviewed J D Salinger who died at the start of this year or the end of last year. Sorry but actually J D Salinger didn't die either at the start of this year or the end of last year. He died in Jan 2010.

Comments

• gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, LT, you're getting credit for starting thread Part 29.. It's usually DS Forum Support.

Morning all. :)
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Without fail, it always gives me a jolt when I see the old thread locked! 😱
  • Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did any who was wide-awake listen to Steve Allen last night? I was drifting off as he was droning on about schoolgirls and their disgracefully short skirts. The he said something about "no wonder......" and "Asian grooming gangs.......". I hope I misunderstood what he was getting at, but it definitely sounded like he might have been suggesting a connection. I know he often does start topics, then goes on to something else, loses his thread and never goes back to his original topic. I hope that was the case here.
  • RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes - they have just played another five lasting 2.5 minutes. I might have an hour or two timing it sometime soon as I am not convinced what is happening is right. I can't stand J O'B - to me he is a creep - so it won't be this morning.

I just had the misfortune to hear 10 minutes of him around 10.30am news. First he lectured a caller in a very piggish way about establishing facts before ringing rather than providing anecdotes. Then immediately afterwards he said that he would have liked to have interviewed J D Salinger who died at the start of this year or the end of last year. Sorry but actually J D Salinger didn't die either at the start of this year or the end of last year. He died in Jan 2010.

As if the great J D Salinger would have had the time for some insecure squeeky 3rd rate broadcaster

.Got the gig at Newsround yet Jimbo?
  • makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    Ooh, LT, you're getting credit for starting thread Part 29.. It's usually DS Forum Support.

Morning all. :)

And how did Chin manage to close the old one?

BTW, did you see my question about the name of the Danny Baker programme, so I can catch up with it? thanks
  • Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As if the great J D Salinger would have had the time for some insecure squeeky 3rd rate broadcaster

Got the gig at Newsround yet Jimbo?

I'm sure he lives in hope! :D
  • TragicDoggieTragicDoggie Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iain Dale ‏@IainDale 6m

We have a Tower Hamlets exclusive on the show tonight. Make sure you're listening at 7pm on @LBC Drive @MayorLutfur. You know you want to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

.Got the gig at Newsround yet Jimbo?

Don't you mean Newsnight Reg?
  • Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brian's Newsround - a great idea!

I wonder if LBC was nominate Brian vs Farage for a Sony as best interview? Or if they are rather embarrassed about the bullying and 6th form nature of the interview?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iain Dale ‏@IainDale 6m

We have a Tower Hamlets exclusive on the show tonight. Make sure you're listening at 7pm on @LBC Drive @MayorLutfur. You know you want to.

Absolutely essential listening tonight at 7pm - I hope Iain Dale gives Lutfur a more thorough grilling than Ken and David did at the weekend...
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    makeba72 wrote: »
    And how did Chin manage to close the old one?

BTW, did you see my question about the name of the Danny Baker programme, so I can catch up with it? thanks

Sorry, no I didn't. It's World Cup Brush up With Danny Baker BBC4 - repeated Thursday at 11pm. Very funny even if you're not into footie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely essential listening tonight at 7pm - I hope Iain Dale gives Lutfur a more thorough grilling than Ken and David did at the weekend...

Once again so do I Mike.

You may also like this Tweet from.........

LBC ‏@LBC
    GameOver Zeus: here's an idiot's guide to the serious computer virus - @mrjamesob was our idiot! http://l-bc.co/Qo414j Protect yourself.
  • makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    Sorry, no I didn't. It's World Cup Brush up With Danny Baker BBC4 - repeated Thursday at 11pm. Very funny even if you're not into footie.

thank you!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once again so do I Mike.

You may also like this Tweet from.........

LBC ‏@LBC
    GameOver Zeus: here's an idiot's guide to the serious computer virus - @mrjamesob was our idiot! http://l-bc.co/Qo414j Protect yourself.

Haha, I have always said that Brian is an 'idiots utiles'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

TD

No - (unless as a floor janitor with a mop)
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member

Unfortunately I doubt if he will if it's anything like his interview with Rahman's spokesman Stephen Beckett last week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nosedive wrote: »
    Unfortunately I doubt if he will if it's anything like his interview with Rahman's spokesman Stephen Beckett last week.

Listening to Mr Dale on Drive earlier today He seemed to imply that Lutfur would not be coming onto His show.

However Mr Dale did say He had a surprise up His sleeve for us, I wonder what it is ;-)

Edit. Just confirmed by ID. Lutfur will NOT be on His show today.
  • CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Listening to Mr Dale on Drive earlier today He seemed to imply that Lutfur would not be coming onto His show.

However Mr Dale did say He had a surprise up His sleeve for us, I wonder what it is ;-)

Edit. Just confirmed by ID. Lutfur will NOT be on His show today.

Oh dear, looks like someone doesn't want to face the music. I was looking forward to what Lutfur had to say.
  • CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    TD

No - (unless as a floor janitor with a mop)

Farage is often on Newsnight, can you imagine the sort of lather James would find himself in, if seated anywhere near him? I reckon a stretcher to A&E might be called for...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Rutfur is concerned Dale might be too hard hitting

Lisa could do the job in a kind of interview lite fashion - and they do share part similar heritages.A few carefully timed winks should do the trick to help relax him .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    Farage is often on Newsnight, can you imagine the sort of lather James would find himself in, if seated anywhere near him? I reckon a stretcher to A&E might be called for...

haha-

One can just imagine !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There has been a spate of callers and contributors on air recently where the phone line is so bad that the presenter has had to cut them off, or even worse, just carry on with the phone cutting out or Dalekising. You would think more people would use a landline...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without fail, it always gives me a jolt when I see the old thread locked! 😱

Out with the old , in with the new

LBC could do with a presenter spring clean itself :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What if you're into footie but not into Danny Baker?
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Anyone who knows me on here will know I'm not 'into' politics.

However, I'd like to thank Iain Dale for not letting the Tower Hamlets (my borough) fiasco die down.
This discussion has been closed.