Spiral (Engrenages) Series Four

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xynaria wrote: »
    I take it you haven't seen series three...............................;)

I think I've just started watching it :confused::) Is there a thread for 3? I love that woman!!! What happens? She doesn't come a cropper does she? Does she swap sides? I can't wait, it's tooo good. I love the characters, they're so ...French! Like weird gothic gargoyles :p

But I really wish the subtitles were expressed more like the original French way of saying things.
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wappaho wrote: »
    I think I've just started watching it :confused::) Is there a thread for 3?

Yes there is - here:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1454010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes there is - here:

Merci :)

What has just started on BBC4, 3 or 4:confused::)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merci :)

What has just started on BBC4, 3 or 4:confused::)

2! Handy as that's the only one I haven't seen. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvchris wrote: »
    As usual, with so many French releases, the French DVDs don't have English subtitles. I saw an ad in today's Independent for a film called 'Polisse' which looks promising (it has Karole Rocher from Braquo!) to be released to cinemas on Friday. The DVD came out in France earlier in the year. Hopefully we'll see it in a few months.

I've only been able to follow the series I've seen on tv5 by having enough grasp of written French to get the subs. It's worth it in some cases having to read them but not so in others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2! Handy as that's the only one I haven't seen. :D

stop gloating - i'm confused enough with all these clever french people running rings round my brain. why is no-one discussing 2?:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stop gloating - i'm confused enough with all these clever french people running rings round my brain. why is no-one discussing 2?:cry:

Gloating?! I thought you hadn't seen this S2 before either - totally lost now. Nobody's discussing 2 because most people round here have probs seen it before - the 'usual suspects' in the Euro drama threads anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gloating?! I thought you hadn't seen this S2 before either - totally lost now. Nobody's discussing 2 because most people round here have probs seen it before - the 'usual suspects' in the Euro drama threads anyway.

only joking. has been pointed out to me that i am the deluded one.

i haven't seen 2. will watch with breath held. always worried i'm going to morph into Laure.

what does your last bit mean after the hyphen?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what does your last bit mean after the hyphen?

My username? I just use that TLP thing in quite a few places - originally it was 'cause I used to be a fan of the Lostprophets (the band).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My username? I just use that TLP thing in quite a few places - originally it was 'cause I used to be a fan of the Lostprophets (the band).

naw :) the bit about Euro DS posters - "the 'usual suspects' in the Euro drama threads" is it a small select group who watch Euro-dunnits?

I'll google TLP and educate myself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    naw :) the bit about Euro DS posters - "the 'usual suspects' in the Euro drama threads" is it a small select group who watch Euro-dunnits?

Oh riiiiight. Well yeah it started off as just a handful of us on here who watched the Euro subbed shows - this is back when Forbrydelsen 1 was on. The group has expanded a fair bit though, with the increasing popularity of these shows, but you tend to still recognise most of the names of the posters who watch them.
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member

I think most have seen it already...I have been looking for the thread as well ...I haven't seen Spiral before if that's any help :D

Just to be rebellious and random, I have also started a thread within Eurovision as it would be good to have a general hang out thread for those who watch euro dramas :o:D;) well...they ARE eurovision aren't they? :D
  • DenleyDenley Posts: 4,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minkski wrote: »
    I think most have seen it already...I have been looking for the thread as well ...I haven't seen Spiral before if that's any help :D

Just to be rebellious and random, I have also started a thread within Eurovision as it would be good to have a general hang out thread for those who watch euro dramas :o:D;) well...they ARE eurovision aren't they? :D

I think it's a great idea to have a thread for general Euro chit chat. :cool::D for all us Euro drama DS'ers. Imo it'll be handy to have somewhere to go with all the off topic stuff. :D

It might not be everyone's cup of tea but it'll be like home from home for me. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denley wrote: »
    I think it's a great idea to have a thread for general Euro chit chat. :cool::D for all us Euro drama DS'ers. Imo it'll be handy to have somewhere to go with all the off topic stuff. :D

It might not be everyone's cup of tea but it'll be like home from home for me. :D

Does that mean we aren't allowed to go off topic in the dedicated threads?

I think some FMs will struggle with that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does that mean we aren't allowed to go off topic in the dedicated threads?

I think some FMs will struggle with that.

course not BK :eek:

I was finding it hard to keep up with the cross chatter in the smaller Euro threads so having one place to go to catch up with the general chit chat and links seems a good idea to me.:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Engrenages Facebook page has just posted:

'SPIRAL season 4 will be broadcasted in september in France on CANAL+, and few weeks after on BBC 4!'
  • The_Time_BeingThe_Time_Being Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Series 4 starts in France on Canal Plus next Monday, 3 September - the first two episodes back to back.

Here is the resume of Episode 1 translated approximately (not a spoiler)

Capt. Laure Berthaud and her group the DPJ discovers the corpse of a student mauled by a roadside bomb. The lawyer Josephine Karlsson defends Moussa Koné, who's been an undocumented resident in France for ten years and who is threatened with expulsion. These two cases are found to be linked via a network of citizen protest opposed to immigration policy. For Capt. Berthaud it's a particularly turbulent period: a new divisional commissioner arrives and she is the subject of an investigation

If you want to see the trailer for yourself go to

http://www.canalplus.fr/c-series/c-engrenages/pid4561-episodes.html?epi_id=532
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xynaria wrote: »
    I'm curious but why do you go on message boards? You appear to have less than zero interest in anyone but yourself so what do you get out of it?

The tone in this particular thread was established by your accusatory posting. You’ve no-one but yourself to blame for the way it’s gone. I’m more than happy to engage in debate, serious or jocular with people who don’t see their every post as an opportunity to attack or pick holes in others messages.

If you’re that keen on verification and unwilling to do the work yourself I suggest you employ a factchecker in future as it seems of vital importance to you that posts on a telly forum on t’internet come with footnotes. :rolleyes:

Oh, and FYI - Spiral 4 not released on DVD on July 23rd 2012. As I said it wouldn’t be.
    The Engrenages Facebook page has just posted:

'SPIRAL season 4 will be broadcasted in september in France on CANAL+, and few weeks after on BBC 4!'

That would mean BBC4 running Spiral alongside Mentalbaldo (airing until the end of November, God help us....). It seems unlikely as they’ve shown they want to spread their first-run imports out one at a time. Borgen 2 is promised for Wintertime so depending on how they define that date-wise they could be looking to squeeze Spiral in after IM and before Borgen. I personally wouldn’t mind them twinning up the imports as you couldn’t pay me to watch Montalbano but with BBC4 ever more cash-strapped it would be unusual for them to double-up in this way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trailer for Spiral 4 available. I think it is genuine. Itls from the Canal+ website. The teasers are quite funny as well.

Usual caveats apply - slightly spoilerish
    http://www.canalplus.fr/c-series/c-engrenages/pid4578-videos.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so any news on when this will be shown on BBC4. Will we truly have it soon after it airs in France? They're on their 6 episode so far. 8 overall right?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LucyKay18 wrote: »
    so any news on when this will be shown on BBC4. Will we truly have it soon after it airs in France? They're on their 6 episode so far. 8 overall right?

Engrenages Facebook page now claiming it's on BBC4 in Spring 2013.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:eek: nooooooooo!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Series 4 starts in France on Canal Plus next Monday, 3 September - the first two episodes back to back.

Here is the resume of Episode 1 translated approximately (not a spoiler)

Capt. Laure Berthaud and her group the DPJ discovers the corpse of a student mauled by a roadside bomb. The lawyer Josephine Karlsson defends Moussa Koné, who's been an undocumented resident in France for ten years and who is threatened with expulsion. These two cases are found to be linked via a network of citizen protest opposed to immigration policy. For Capt. Berthaud it's a particularly turbulent period: a new divisional commissioner arrives and she is the subject of an investigation[/b[

If you want to see the trailer for yourself go to

http://www.canalplus.fr/c-series/c-engrenages/pid4561-episodes.html?epi_id=532

Presumably her actions in Season 3 have caught the eye of the Inspection générale des services (IGS), the French version of Internal Affairs

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.prefecturedepolice.interieur.gouv.fr/La-prefecture-de-police/Missions-de-soutien/L-inspection-generale-des-services&ei=sUaoTZr9G5Su8QPu3I2nBg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CEQQ7gEwBA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dinspection%2Bgenerale%2Bdes%2Bservices%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-gb:IE-Address%26rlz%3D1I7TSEH_enGB362GB362%26prmd%3Divns
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Amazon UK has Spiral series 4 DVD available on 5 November 2012. They wont release the DVD in the UK before showing it on BBC4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon UK has Spiral series 4 DVD available on 5 November 2012. They wont release the DVD in the UK before showing it on BBC4.

I'm only repeating what they're saying on FB - that's now the second time they've got it wrong then. You're saying it has to be on in the next month then?!