The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 13)

Comments

• augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    morning everyone.....

its cold here as well..........today im meant to be tackling the kitchen cupboards. I will tell you if I actually get there, as opposed to spending all day procrastinatng !!!
  • Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello to all :) a very mean wind blowing here today, bbrrr! Temperature's have taken a plummet again haven't they? :(

I have an appointment with the ironing bag again today and the oven is crying out for attention. I must find the instruction book as there is a cleaning setting that I've never used :o (well it is quite new and I've given it a wipe out now and again). I think it's some kind of steam thing as I vaguely recall something about putting water in the bottom.......off to find the manual....easier said than done lol. :cool:

Hope you're all ok.

Waiting with baited breath as to how the dog walk went augusta. :D
    Your book sounds interesting I may look for that next time I'm on amazon. :)
    Forum Member
    oh the dog walking is going fine......he has a new lead, a bit like a choke chain. Trouble is....as he isnt my dog ..Ive never really spent any time training him on a lead.....He comes ok in the park and is friendly and sociable with other animals. But walking him on a lead is really hard work. Im usually in a rush, and I usually have 2 dogs to do by myself, so I tend to find it hard work.

When im relaxed and have plenty of time its fine. When im the only one in the house, and busy......and have hardly any time to exercise him, its not easy..

But hopefully it looks as if its going to be fairly straightforward....to train him ...as long as enough people are around....
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Hi all :)

Did anyone see the Liverpool match? Thought we did really well on the whole,,a real gutsy performance with the crowd in full voice as well......sad it wasn't quite enough :cry::cry:

On the positive side, at least we can concentrate on the league now :rolleyes::):cool:
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Morning all

It is - 1 here. No snow though thank goodness.

A friend coming down for the weekend and out to lunch tomorrow with some lovely friends - if there is no snow! I still have bathrooms to do and need to wash my hair (which looks awful!). Hairdresser for me next week!

Spent two hours looking at curtain fabric yesterday. Could not believe the prices - £100 a meter for some of them. Spoke to another customer and she suggested one of the discount fabric places so will investigate - I need 15 meters for my patio doors!

Well folks it is that time of year - thinking about our spring/summer get together. Although afternoon tea seems tempting it can be expensive and it would also mean getting home late.

Suggestion has been another lunch - perhaps another venue than the place we usually meet which would cost about £20 - £30.

Suggestions have been to meet in May. If you are interested, please PM me by the 6 March. Please also let me know if you have other suggestions for restaurants, cafes etc - or if you would like to go back to our usual meeting place. Also, please let me know if a weekday or Saturday is best for you.

Must get on - busy weekend ahead. Look forward to your PMs.
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Morning all

It is - 1 here. No snow though thank goodness.

A friend coming down for the weekend and out to lunch tomorrow with some lovely friends - if there is no snow! I still have bathrooms to do and need to wash my hair (which looks awful!). Hairdresser for me next week!

Spent two hours looking at curtain fabric yesterday. Could not believe the prices - £100 a meter for some of them. Spoke to another customer and she suggested one of the discount fabric places so will investigate - I need 15 meters for my patio doors!

Well folks it is that time of year - thinking about our spring/summer get together. Although afternoon tea seems tempting it can be expensive and it would also mean getting home late.

Suggestion has been another lunch - perhaps another venue than the place we usually meet which would cost about £20 - £30.

Suggestions have been to meet in May. If you are interested, please PM me by the 6 March. Please also let me know if you have other suggestions for restaurants, cafes etc - or if you would like to go back to our usual meeting place. Also, please let me know if a weekday or Saturday is best for you.

Must get on - busy weekend ahead. Look forward to your PMs.

I would like to come....:D

Fabric is so expensive to buy at times. I spose its more to do with the supermarkets sellling things so cheaply, Its easy to forget how expensive material can be.

places like Ikea might be more reasonable for furnishing fabrics or Dunelm, Especially if you need a long drop. But I like the idea of buying online, although you cant really feel the weight or texture online, or even really see the colours.

I need to get some fabric for my course, so will be looking today, when I go and meet my daughter for lunch.

where has this last week gone? I was tired and needed a rest, and although its been lovely to catch up and meet friends, I havent done all that much, and its already friday.

I wonder what John is getting up to at the height of his summer? definitely not shivering every time, he sets foot outside :D
    Forum Member
    Count me in too, please, nyannie. I will PM you with ideas / dates over the weekend :)

Good luck with the curtain fabric, nyannie and Augusta :) I love fabric, but would never get round to making things as you do......
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Me toooooooo Nyannie
    will pm you :D

good morning jjat

bl**dy half term, i've had no peace
    i've got a house full
    barely a min to spare
    will be around more next week :D

hope all are well

good luck with the curtains nyannie
    i agree stupid prices :D

Augusta how are all your classes going, the sewing and
    jewellery making :D

and Lindy
    we nearly did it last night
    but what a shame , Liverpool out :(
    Forum Member
    Lena J wrote: »
    Hello to all :) a very mean wind blowing here today, bbrrr! Temperature's have taken a plummet again haven't they? :(

I have an appointment with the ironing bag again today and the oven is crying out for attention. I must find the instruction book as there is a cleaning setting that I've never used :o (well it is quite new and I've given it a wipe out now and again). I think it's some kind of steam thing as I vaguely recall something about putting water in the bottom.......off to find the manual....easier said than done lol. :cool:

Hope you're all ok.

Waiting with baited breath as to how the dog walk went augusta. :D
    Your book sounds interesting I may look for that next time I'm on amazon. :)

its very cold here lena
    snow flurries this morn

self cleaning ovens
    are the best, mine has a setting
    that goes super hot and burns all the dirt of :cool:
    so you are just left with, sort of ash on the bottom :o:D
    hope you find the manual :D
    Forum Member
    Me toooooooo Nyannie
    will pm you :D

good morning jjat

bl**dy half term, i've had no peace
    i've got a house full
    barely a min to spare
    will be around more next week :D

hope all are well

good luck with the curtains nyannie
    i agree stupid prices :D

Augusta how are all your classes going, the sewing and
    jewellery making :D

and Lindy
    we nearly did it last night
    but what a shame , Liverpool out :(

Hi georgy :)

Don't overdo it
    More people can mean more helpers

At least in theory....;)

I loved the spirit we showed last night :D

Ah well, at least we can now concentrate on the League!! :cool:
    Forum Member
    its very cold here lena
    snow flurries this morn

self cleaning ovens
    are the best, mine has a setting
    that goes super hot and burns all the dirt of :cool:
    so you are just left with, sort of ash on the bottom :o:D
    hope you find the manual :D

That's the principle of the Aga too

I love it :D

Always warm...mmmm

And you never have to clean it :cool:
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Evening all, hoping you are all well xx

hello mugs

just to let you know
    i have seen the flirting
    you and deefs have been up to :o

but i agree very lovely smile :D
    Forum Member
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »

Don't overdo it
    More people can mean more helpers

At least in theory....;)

I loved the spirit we showed last night :D

Ah well, at least we can now concentrate on the League!! :cool:

Hello Lindy
    i don,t think i've left the kitchen
    and its lunch to prepare soon :D

the match last night was great
    the liverpool crowd just amazing
    and i really felt we could do it
    but never mind :D

wow....... now its snowing hard, great big flakes are falling :D
    Forum Member
    That's the principle of the Aga too

I love it :D

Always warm...mmmm

And you never have to clean it :cool:

i've never had a Aga
    but they do look nice :D

but a real fan of anything, that can self clean :o:D
    Forum Member
    Hello Lindy
    i don,t think i've left the kitchen
    and its lunch to prepare soon :D

the match last night was great
    the liverpool crowd just amazing
    and i really felt we could do it
    but never mind :D

wow....... now its snowing hard, great big flakes are falling :D

And the kitchen is your favourite place :p
    As you've told us often!

I know...
    The crowd were amazing weren't they
    Just like the old days
    Gave me hope
    That we can do well
    Soon :D

Wow....snow :eek:
    When will it stop....
    Seems to be going on and on......x
    Forum Member
    i've never had a Aga

And as long as you don't have guests

You can drape your laundry over it

Dries like a dream! :p:D
    Forum Member
    And the kitchen is your favourite place :p
    As you've told us often!

I know...
    The crowd were amazing weren't they
    Just like the old days
    Gave me hope
    That we can do well
    Soon :D

Wow....snow :eek:
    When will it stop....
    Seems to be going on and on......x

Thats right Lindy
    my favourite place to hate :D

yes.... we are looking stronger

as for the snow
    i don,t know
    but it is looking pretty
    and its the best kind
    its not settling :D

better get going
    kitchen duty calling :(:D
    Forum Member
    Thats right Lindy
    my favourite place to hate :D

yes.... we are looking stronger

as for the snow
    i don,t know
    but it is looking pretty
    and its the best kind
    its not settling :D

better get going
    kitchen duty calling :(:D

Good to talk :)

Hope to see you soon xx
    Forum Member
    i've never had a Aga

oh me too.....I love things that can clean themselves...

unfortunately they dont seem to be that obvious:D

so the snow is starting to fall again. My jewellery making is coming on fine, im at the stage though where i really need to learn how to do it gradually. Ive got loads of ideas of what id like to make, but....

actually its lovely to be enthused by something ......but i keep reminding myself I cant go out and buy all the tools i need and the equipement I need for home. yet......

Im wanting to make moulds and melt silver at the moment, but..........im sure if i ask my instructor he will show me an easy way to do it......

Shame about the football, it seems to be quite a sporting weekend coming up.....
  • ellemayellemay Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning JJat hope everyone is well. :)

Georgy and all you Liverpool supporters i was willing them on to get another goal. x
  • GiddykipperGiddykipper Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    oh me too.....I love things that can clean themselves...

unfortunately they dont seem to be that obvious
    :D

so the snow is starting to fall again. My jewellery making is coming on fine, im at the stage though where i really need to learn how to do it gradually. Ive got loads of ideas of what id like to make, but....

actually its lovely to be enthused by something ......but i keep reminding myself I cant go out and buy all the tools i need and the equipement I need for home. yet......

Im wanting to make moulds and melt silver at the moment, but..........im sure if i ask my instructor he will show me an easy way to do it......

Shame about the football, it seems to be quite a sporting weekend coming up.....

Clean themselves? - think CATS - and you don't have to take them for walks! :D

I'm so impressed with all the creative activity that goes on here - :eek: almost shames me in to doing something artistic and creative myself. Note I said 'almost' :p

Now I'm settling in for some strenuous sport watching this weekend while you lot get on with real activity.
    C'mon Wales!
    C'mon Swansea!
    Phew - that's quite worn me out...:sleep:
    Forum Member

I'm so impressed with all the creative activity that goes on here - :eek: almost shames me in to doing something artistic and creative myself. Note I said 'almost' :p

Now I'm settling in for some strenuous sport watching this weekend while you lot get on with real activity.
    C'mon Wales!
    C'mon Swansea!

Phew - that's quite worn me out...

:sleep:

Love it Giddy, I know the feeling only too well! ;)

I'll be spending as much time as I can this weekend sitting by the fire, cat by my side, urging others on in the sport :p

Not sure yet who to support in the football.....I don't know much about either team.....perhaps I should go for Bradford as the underdogs? :confused::D
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member

C'mon Wales!
    C'mon Swansea!
    Phew - that's quite worn me out...:sleep:

I'm worn out - but not from cheering Wales on - I've had a friend for the weekend- out to lunch with friends, watching England beat France and now CLEARING UP! I am exhausted! Must have a bath before the Ireland Scotland game.

See you all tomorrow - and let me know if you want to meet for lunch in May - see post a bit further up!
    Forum Member
    Love it Giddy, I know the feeling only too well! ;)

I'll be spending as much time as I can this weekend sitting by the fire, cat by my side, urging others on in the sport :p

Not sure yet who to support in the football.....I don't know much about either team.....perhaps I should go for Bradford as the underdogs? :confused::D

that sounds lovely...we ve walked the dogs, ive replenished the bird feeders and now to settle down to watch the rugby by a warm fire.

it is so so cold outside, we even had the old dog looking at me as if too say, its too cold when are we going back.....
  • Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening to you all. Absolutely freezing down here. :(

Good to hear the dog walking's going well augusta. He's probably thinking 'Darn it, just as I've got them trained'. :D

Haven't found the oven book yet. :( Still it's a good reason to put off cleaning it. :o:D

A win for Arsenal yesterday, thank goodness. :)

Been catching up on the CT thread :D and I see John's been mentioned yet again in a mag article. :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.