Channel 4 Educating Yorkshire

Comments

• Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That girl is so thick she can't even understand her timetable never mind her maths!
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    All those CCTV cameras in schools now, never had any at mine, even outside. Teachers can get pulled up for anything these days I suppose.

Teachers were allowed to clout kids in my day.. The times the blackboard rubber would fly past my head at someone.. Or someone would get swiped back of the head..
  • etamineetamine Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My experience was the total opposite. I would spend most of the day walking about in soggy trousers if you catch my drift;)

You'd have loved my maths teacher at A Level, very low cut tops and lots of bending over :p

Unfortunately any question you asked her was answered with "wellllll, if you look in the text booooook..."
  • katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    alcockell wrote: »
    Thinking back - I was in top sets for everything pretty much. Were the bottom sets populated more heavily with the kids who played fast and loose with uniform codes etc?

I can see why Frank Chalk quit teaching...

In my school there was a group of year 9's who were all friends and known as the ones who caused all the trouble, who made a pact between themselves to perform miserably on their SATs so they were all put in the bottom sets together in year 10 and 11.

This frustrated the learners in the bottom sets who wanted to learn and caused a lot of problems for the teachers!!
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    I think the only time I was bottom set was when we took Maths. I was absolutely carpe at it that I didn't come into the top three sets, but I was in the first set of the bottom ones. And we were all pretty well behaved. Well apart from when we got the newly qualified teacher..lol

But apart from that we behaved ourselves at school, heck every one did. If you didn't you got marched off to the headmistress and got the cane. That was enough to deter everyone then. Unfortunately they don't have any form of punishment now, well apart from isolation which doesn't seem to help a lot.
    Yup- they seem to have Nerfed most of the punishments... with the "exclusion" being what we knew as "suspension".

Would be on LEA-level records as well in the old days...

Then again - I wonder how these kids woudl deal with 1980s sanctions?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    etamine wrote: »
    You'd have loved my maths teacher at A Level, very low cut tops and lots of bending over :p

Unfortunately any question you asked her was answered with "wellllll, if you look in the text booooook..."
    Series 3 of Teachers? When Lyndsay adjusted Penny's style?
    "Tits in".
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yikes! Poor bloke, thought of The Invisible Man for a moment there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup- they seem to have Nerfed most of the punishments... with the "exclusion" being what we knew as "suspension".

OMG they'd die and ring childline..lol

Another thing that winds me up is the teachers use their windows to write on - even hubby mentioned it the other day.
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah Georgia, how we have missed your happy smiling face ....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Tits in".

Oooh I used to love that series :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Tits in".

Not watched it, but when we saw her in a nightclub her neckline was actually higher :p
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Mr Steer...wow, he's allegric to everything he touches! :eek: :D

Georgia...eurgh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB - Exclusion was the final nail in the coffin for the kids in our school - I agree their exclusion does seem very similiar to our suspension. But then do they actualy exclude anyone properly these days..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »
    Poor Mr Steer...wow, he's allegric to everything he touches! :eek: :D

Georgia...eurgh.

Makes you wonder why he is there if he is allergic to nearly everything in the school. He hasn't worn those gloves all the time though has he?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB - Exclusion was the final nail in the coffin for the kids in our school - I agree their exclusion does seem very similiar to our suspension. But then do they actualy exclude anyone properly these days..
    Yep- was known as Expulsion back in the day..

If some of these kids are 16... how about just killing their GCSE registrations? The kids don't want to work- no quals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Mr Steer looks like he's having a breakdown
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww I wanna hug him :(
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Mr Steer's heading for a major breakdown. Poor guy!
  • Lola UKLola UK Posts: 3,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus.. he needs a day off
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makes you wonder why he is there if he is allergic to nearly everything in the school. He hasn't worn those gloves all the time though has he?

He's got at least 4 years of uni to pay off :p
  • katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Mr Steer needs some time off!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My god man he is turning into the michelin man!!!
  • HiMyNameIsHiMyNameIs Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Steer :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stress is going to make his skin conditions worse
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ouch at his leg :(