Are they over doing Tracy's sarcasm?

sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She's a vile cow, but she's so vile she always made me laugh.
But now, every time she speaks it's one sarcastic word after another and it's becoming really predictable, repetative, boring and losing it's impact. :(

Comments

• katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    It's been predictable, repetitive and boring for a while and lost it's impact a while ago!
  • QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Tracy hilarious at times
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had some funny one liners in the scene with Rita, Liz, Dennis and Tina last night, saying Tina will strip off everything except the earrings for a bit of cash, and the 'womb to rent, sorry room' comment.

I don't get the hate for Tracy. The actresses acting is a bit crap but I think the character is brilliant to the point where it doesn't really matter, and so it kind of fits the character.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katiemack wrote: »
    It's been predictable, repetitive and boring for a while and lost it's impact a while ago!

Agreed.

bib: About 10 years ago.;)
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only comment I found half amusing lately was the one where she said something to Tina about her wondering what shade of orange to paint herself every morning. Now THAT was quite funny :D

But yes OP, they are going too OTT with her lately. Nearly every comment is snide/nasty.
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tracy delivering a line or just walking down the street is just overstaying her welcome. I mean at least she had some motivation for her stupidity and scheming like with Steve, but this constant having a go at everyone is just ridiculous and makes the character a complete farce. It reminds me of her stupid Christmas 2010 return when she was making remarks towards everyone in the street. The writers don't have a clue what to do with her, so writing her as a "bitch" is the easiest way out, and they don't have bother to explore her behaviour.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping she's killed off.
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping she's killed off.

In the most painful way possible. Alone, and afraid, and in her final moments coming to realisation that all the pain and harm she has caused people over the years has finally caught up with her. She is the sort of character that deserves this.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She used to be funny but now she's just vile. Maybe it's me. Maybe my sense of humor has changed. Either way she's doing my head in! :mad:
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,248
    Forum Member
    I liked some of this week's comments (womb with a view, everything but the ear rings, what shade of orange) but I think that is because Tina has been grating on every one of my last nerves for well over a year now and I'm kind of with anyone that tried to take her down a peg or two.

Generally though, yes they are over doing it. She didn't used to be just horrible to everybody for no reason at all. Emily, Rita and the like she was quite civil with.

The recent development I really dislike is her turning against Peter as they were always close - they bickered but loved each other as true siblings and that has just disappeared for no good reason at all.
  • katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Tracy delivering a line or just walking down the street is just overstaying her welcome. I mean at least she had some motivation for her stupidity and scheming like with Steve, but this constant having a go at everyone is just ridiculous and makes the character a complete farce. It reminds me of her stupid Christmas 2010 return when she was making remarks towards everyone in the street. The writers don't have a clue what to do with her, so writing her as a "bitch" is the easiest way out, and they don't have bother to explore her behaviour.

When she was just nasty to anyone and everyone so they could have the "who tried to kill tracey" storyline for Claire's exit!

Like you said at least when she had Steve as a motivation it was annoying but had a reason; now it's just Tracy is nasty to anyone for any reason!!
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Agree with this thread; the "nobody gets the better of me" line last night was just comedic and cringeworthy.
  • MissLcMissLc Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    They are definitely over doing it, Tracy has always been a rubbish bitch in my eyes and now they are trying to turn her slightly comical with the nastiness. Absolute rubbish.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Agree with this thread; the "nobody gets the better of me" line last night was just comedic and cringeworthy.

Becky did! :D:D;)
  • ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »

LOL Yeah she did. Go Becky! :D
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've turned her into a cartoon baddie with no depth since she came back. She could actually be a great soap bitch if they allowed her have some light and shade and explained why she is as she is : simply going around being rude to everyone for no apparent reason and clashing with all and sundry does not make her a great character.
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    They've turned her into a cartoon baddie with no depth since she came back. She could actually be a great soap bitch if they allowed her have some light and shade and explained why she is as she is : simply going around being rude to everyone for no apparent reason and clashing with all and sundry does not make her a great character.

It's a bit daft too, now she's working in the shop and should be trying to keep customers happy. Very bad for business to be so bitchy and nasty to customers and potential customers. Rob has mentioned this, but surely he'd be mad as hell that she was jeopardising their livelihood for not particular reason except she enjoys being nasty.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,248
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »

This is very true - there really has been no explanation for why she is as vile as she is. Yes, she was a bit of a brat in her teen years and Ken and Deardre's divorce affected her badly - especially when Denise fell pregnant and Ken started to priorities the new baby and ignore her when she was about 18.
    Also I know there are unresolved issues between her and Dreary ver Samir's death but it's not really enough. She left a slightly sulky but basically okay 20 year old and returned an utter and complete cow - almost to the level of sociopath.

It is so different to David whom I totally understand given his experiences through his life.
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Mel94 wrote: »

TRUE :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    This is very true - there really has been no explanation for why she is as vile as she is. Yes, she was a bit of a brat in her teen years and Ken and Deardre's divorce affected her badly - especially when Denise fell pregnant and Ken started to priorities the new baby and ignore her when she was about 18.
    Also I know there are unresolved issues between her and Dreary ver Samir's death but it's not really enough. She left a slightly sulky but basically okay 20 year old and returned an utter and complete cow - almost to the level of sociopath.

It is so different to David whom I totally understand given his experiences through his life.

Even sociopaths are frequently charming on the surface so this cartoon pantomime villain is not really believable at all....in many ways she's acting unlike a sociopath, and more just like a rude and beligerent individual
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit daft too, now she's working in the shop and should be trying to keep customers happy. Very bad for business to be so bitchy and nasty to customers and potential customers. Rob has mentioned this, but surely he'd be mad as hell that she was jeopardising their livelihood for not particular reason except she enjoys being nasty.

You would think she would rapidly build up an unsavoury reputation given how rude she was to Dennis and Tina when doing business with them in the shop.
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,169
    Forum Member
    A boring one dimensional cartoon villain played by a lousy actress with a most irritating smirk.

There is nothing subtle in her delivery, and I just wish that they would kill her off.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She's a vile cow, but she's so vile she always made me laugh.
    But now, every time she speaks it's one sarcastic word after another and it's becoming really predictable, repetative, boring and losing it's impact. :(
    I agree with your first statement

Good post.

I totally loath this character. No redeeming features whatsoever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A boring one dimensional cartoon villain played by a lousy actress with a most irritating smirk.

There is nothing subtle in her delivery, and I just wish that they would kill her off.

She reminds me of a character on a reality show who has created a nasty persona and is fake for the sake of doing well. But there is no explanation from the scriptwriters as to why Tracy is being rude to people she has never had a falling out with before, there's nothing in it for her.

It makes the character quite unbelievable and she comes across as a "pretend" murderer as well. Nobody on the street is afraid of her....it's as if the writers are admitting the character is an absurd caricature and not to be taken seriously by anyone.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How embarrassing!
    I checked this thread out thinking EE's barmaid had been getting more lines!