How much do you spend on clothes per month?

EsensuelleEsensuelle Posts: 1,722
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I haven't bought any clothes for months (well that's what it feels like) so I just had a bit of an impromptu shopping spree and spent £400! :o:blush:

Most months though, I tend to spend around £50-£100.

What do you spend on average and where do you shop? I like:-

Oasis
New Look
ASOS
Miss Selfridge
Joe Browns
H&M

Comments

• fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    I spend far, far too much. I reckon it must be in the region of £200 - £:400 per month for the last 6 months however, I will say that I didn't buy much for 10 years when I had no money, so I'm making up for it a but now.

My shops are:
    French Connection
    Phase Eight
    Monsoon
    H&M
    Wallis
    Warehouse
    Mango
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some months I spend loads and then go without spending for months, even years.
  • gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    It depends. I always say that this month I'll have a quiet one then I see something on offer and one thing leads to another and next thing I know my basket will be like £150.

I'd say most of my stuff is from ASOS and River Island. But I dip into Forever 21, Topshop, New Look and H&M too.

I have a really bad habit of needing a new dress/outfit everytime I go on a night out so I quite like Select for that. Their stuff isn't the greatest quality but they do quite nice dresses/tops/skirts if you dig around and I'd much rather pay £15 for something I'm only going to wear once or twice. They also do good simple maxi's for the summer.
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I buy most of my stuff on ASOS, love that website so much.

On the high street I occasionally buy stuff in Primark, Topshop, New Look and occasionally the other main fashion retailers but as I said I mostly shop online now.
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm normally pretty controlled when it comes to buying clothes (£50-£100), but River Island has pretty much stolen my money this month :( At least £200.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly anything. I feel an immense guilt spending money on me. I probably spend an average of about £30 a month. Some months I spend nothing, then the following month a little more. I tend to spend mostly on work clothes, new tops in summer/winter mainly. When my work tops get old they become slobbing around the house tops.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i dunno really..i spent a bit this week on clothes..got stuff today too..but i don't add it up :o we were paid last week, and got another 3 weeks left for nxt pay day, so i think i be spending more ( if i see summat browsing round that i like i buy it then lol)..( i seem to collect scarves just lately too )
  • Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    Anywhere from £50 - £300 a month.

Main shops on the high street -

River Island
    Blue Inc
    USC
    Topshop
    Zara (men)

Online -

ASOS (for mainly designer stuff and discounts)

Waiting on my latest ASOS order which is currently 15 minutes away from delivery, on the DPD tracker - just a tad excited :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i spent another £30 odd this morning on tops, and pair of leggings..i must stop :D..well the top was from M&S :o too pricey but i liked it, and thought why not :p
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    and pair of leggings..

I got some leggings as well today, but one of my kids told me they give me camel toe so I can only wear them with a longer t-shirt :D:o
    I thought they looked great!
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
    Forum Member
    I don't buy clothes every month. In fact I don't generally buy clothes that often but when I do spend I spend a fair amount.

I spend more on accessories - shoes, bags and scarves and I've been known to spend a helluva lot on these items. I generally wear quite simple clothes (and sometimes very cheap ) but beautiful accessories turns the average outfit into something a bit more interesting.

It's my b/day at the end of the month, so soon time to get my new bag that I've saved up a long time for! :kitty:
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything between £150 and £600 I reckon.

I don't think I go a week without buying at least one new outfit.
  • eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have said about £50 a month, but it's realistically quite a lot more than that. It was fine when I had the spare bedroom to myself, but with baby on the way I've had to declutter and have promised myself no more handbags, shoes, tops etc.
    It's actually quite nice having a wardrobe which isn't bursting at the seams.