Not sleeping PLEASE HELP ME!

124»

Comments

• MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm only 23, and have had sleeping problems since...

Hmm, did you ever have a "silver" amalgam tooth filling?
  • TUTV ViewerTUTV Viewer Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    Seriously. I was told for years this was how it worked by silly GPs - you just need to "tire yourself out and then you'll relax and sleep!".

It's not just about tiring yourself out.

It's about structure, comfort and happiness.
  • SadeyedSadeyed Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    Two piriton, two pints of cider - job done.

I take Piriteze for allergies and they are supposed to be the non drowsy ones - make me crash for about 10 hours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadeyed wrote: »
    I take Piriteze for allergies and they are supposed to be the non drowsy ones - make me crash for about 10 hours.

Aparently we are scientific weirdo's and the effect is only a placebo :kitty:
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FANNY_ANNE wrote: »
    Aparently we are scientific weirdo's and the effect is only a placebo :kitty:

Wouldn't a placebo make you do what it says on the tin, so to speak. Not do something totally strange.

Most medication affects me differently to other people.

Something that says drowsy, will keep me awake
    something that others find makes them high, brings me down.

People are very odd. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't a placebo make you do what it says on the tin, so to speak. Not do something totally strange.

Most medication affects me differently to other people.

Something that says drowsy, will keep me awake
    something that others find makes them high, brings me down.

People are very odd. :D

I was being sarcastic about what another poster said.
    I am like you, my family calls it awkward :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I have prescribed medication that has a known side effect which gives me what I call itchyitis and restless leg. It always comes on at night time and no matter how tired I just cannot sleep. So the only way is to take Co-codomol which I shouldn't be taking.
    I am a grandparent with a pre-school child and baby to look after during the daytime and therefore have to be alert at all times when I have them in my care.
    Co-codomol is the only thing I know that can knock me out at night time. It's all very well people saying there must be another way to get to sleep but I have tried everything else I can think of. I sympathise deeply with the OP.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    I have prescribed medication that has a known side effect which gives me what I call itchyitis and restless leg. It always comes on at night time and no matter how tired I just cannot sleep. So the only way is to take Co-codomol which I shouldn't be taking.
    I am a grandparent with a pre-school child and baby to look after during the daytime and therefore have to be alert at all times when I have them in my care.
    Co-codomol is the only thing I know that can knock me out at night time. It's all very well people saying there must be another way to get to sleep but I have tried everything else I can think of. I sympathise deeply with the OP.

I have restless legs and it drives me insane, luckly for me it goes when I get in bed and go to sleep, unfortunately I have no control of when it comes on, so I often have to go to bed in the afternoon or early evening.
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hate it when my heart keeps me awake. can hear it pounding at night sometimes and keeps me up for hours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »
    i hate it when my heart keeps me awake. can hear it pounding at night sometimes and keeps me up for hours.

Although that can 'just happen', that was the first sign that I had high blood pressure - well, pre-hypertension to be exact. I managed to catch it and sort it out before I needed to take drugs to manage it. Not trying to scare you, just something to be aware of.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chocdoc wrote: »
    Although that can 'just happen', that was the first sign that I had high blood pressure - well, pre-hypertension to be exact. I managed to catch it and sort it out before I needed to take drugs to manage it. Not trying to scare you, just something to be aware of.
    You must be extremely fortunate then, but there are usually no symptoms of high blood pressure at all. It's also very difficult to control by self-help methods alone, unless you were already obese, smoked heavily, always put loads of salt on your food and never exercised.
  • ChickenWingsChickenWings Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, did you ever have a "silver" amalgam tooth filling?

I've never had any fillings whatsoever. :)
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chocdoc wrote: »

i've had it for many years and i'm only 25. i remember having it really bad at 19 and having breathing trouble. went to hospital and they could find nothing wrong with me. i figured it maybe stress as the more i thought about it the worse it was.
  • MookleMookle Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not read this whole thread but sometimes, when I am having trouble sleeping I put on a sleep hypnosis video on YouTube. It helps me to focus my thoughts and breathing and I have not managed to stay awake for longer than half an hour listening to them. There is a lady called Jodi Whiteley - her voice is a bit odd but she does this for the purpose of the programmes. It starts with a relaxing wind down, some breathing exercises and then goes into the hypnosis.

I've not actually ever been hypnotised and I don't think it's the point of these, but they have REALLY helped me. Give it a go.