netflix

Jean_DanielsJean_Daniels Posts: 5,031
Forum Member
does anyone know if i can watch netflix via my tv, or is it just streamed on the internet

Comments

• mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No matter how you watch it, it is always streamed through the internet. It's not a broadcasted channel.
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    does anyone know if i can watch netflix via my tv, or is it just streamed on the internet

If you have Virgin and a Tivo box you can watch it on channel 204
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    No matter how you watch it, it is always streamed through the internet. It's not a broadcasted channel.

This!! But yes it can't be connected to a TV to watch, The internet is a must though
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Can stream it through a play station or Xbox, that's how I watch it on my tv
  • abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stream mine through a Sony blu ray player...
  • 3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch it through 'Apple TV'.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some SMART TV's have it as an app. My cheapo LG SMART tv does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are many ways to display netflix content on your TV, however all of them require an internet connection. Some smart TVs have netflix as a built in app. Many external devices such as X-box, wii, smart blu-ray players or Freeview boxes also have it as an option. There is also the option to connect your PC/laptop to your TV directly and simply use use the TV as a monitor for your PC. Personally, I use a Google Chromecast which is a little stick you plug into an HDMI socket on your TV and connect to your wifi. You can then control it via Android phone or tablet and use it to directly stream various content to your TV including Netflix, i-player, google music, google movies. The chromecast is the best £30 I've spent in ages.
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    I watch it through 'Apple TV'.

So do I :)

OP, there is a dedicated DS Netflix forum here where you'll get a lot of good advice

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=261
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Can't help I am afraid but just wanted to say Hi Jean, nice to see you on here again. Hope you are well. x