• Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh right excellent :D
  • Options
    stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    Has Audley Harrison announced his comeback yet? Been a couple of hours, so he probably thinks he can win the World Championship again now :D
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    I would be laughing for the whole 2 rounds that that fight would last. Khan doesn't beat anyone notable at either lww or ww. Even Broner would do a job on Khan.

You say that as if Broner isn't very good. Broner would dismantle Khan with the current defence levels that Khan still has.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    JMTD wrote: »
    You say that as if Broner isn't very good. Broner would dismantle Khan with the current defence levels that Khan still has.

Khan will know he cant go in against Broner.

Khan has all the heart in the world but he is constantly being found out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I always enjoy watching Khan fights, more often than not they are very exciting but as for Khan himself not only does he have a fragile chin, his opponents all seem to his weaknesses quite quickly in a fight.

I don't think he will ever claim back a world title any more
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »

I say it as Broner is the smaller guy coming up through the weight classes but would still beat Khan.

I'm not sure who GBP could feed Khan too to improve his record, he is surrounded by guys who beat him pretty comfortably.

Arum said he had an impossible job promoting Rigondeux, I think GBP have more of a problem with trying to convince the public that Khan is a world level fighter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BN has HBO commentary :cool::cool:
  • Options
    Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Goldenboy could make any money cashing out on Khan then they would. The Mayweather fight which he was very close to getting at one stage has no chance of happening now, so look for them to put him in with Devon Alexander or someone in the hope that people might finally start buying into Alexander.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Goldenboy could make any money cashing out on Khan then they would. The Mayweather fight which he was very close to getting at one stage has no chance of happening now, so look for them to put him in with Devon Alexander or someone in the hope that people might finally start buying into Alexander.

They should make Khan vs Ortiz, both of them are in the last chance saloon. It would be a fun fight while it lasted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah that would be a good fight
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saying on boxingscene that Khan will face the winner of Peterson/Matthyse vs Garcia/Judah!

That can't be right! It would most likely be either Garcia or Matthyse, Khan would get pummelled!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Garcia with Goldenboy? I can see them making that and telling him to sink or swim, I can't see him fighting Matthysse though. Lucas brings no money and Khan would get stopped, it'd be lose/lose for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Garcia with Goldenboy? I can see them making that and telling him to sink or swim, I can't see him fighting Matthysse though. Lucas brings no money and Khan would get stopped, it'd be lose/lose for him.

Yes, GBP are having their own inhouse lww mini-tournament.

Murray is coming out now
  • Options
    DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Khan has the heart of a Lion and courage to burn! Unfortunately, he was born with a weak chin and there's nothing he can ever do about that, though he still has some glaring and very basic technical faults that lead to him being decked.
    One more pay-day in a title fight and that should be the end for him, sadly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If Murray wins, I hope he runs out of that ring quick. Very hostile crowd
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well this has eclipsed the atmosphere at the Alamodome last weekend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Murray can't be expected to fight in this, I've spotted numerous health and safety breaches.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You would have to have some serious balls to fight in these conditions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Murray for me, but this is boxing so will more than likely go the other way
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martinez wins by 3 when he won the last 2 rounds, seems pretty fair to me.

FS I've missed the Quillin fight.Garcia vs Judah up next!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bullshit decision and well done Steve Bunce getting very angry at the HBO commentators who did not give Murray the credit he deserved

Only say bullshit as I think it was a 2nd knockdown for Murray that was not scored as one
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Murray was robbed. What a surprise :rolleyes:.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Astonishingly Murray got mildly robbed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Landed more punches, knocked the guy down twice but of course one was a "slip" and he loses by three rounds.
  • Options
    Leo91Leo91 Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    I'm watching Martinez going down the second time, and I'm watching their feet, there is no visible excuse not to give that as a knockdown. Lucky Martinez. Great display Murray, he checkmated Martinez tonight.