Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Someone who loves in a quiet leafy village just put

"So excited to see a guy around wearing an EDL hoodie :) didnt even think they had a division around here".

She always posts racist crap and general british stuff so im surprised that she didnt know the edl does exist where she lives. She was also surprised that the bnp had a candidate in the local elections. Now considering shes such a lover or the edl and bnp, how can she not know that! I dont support either but i was well aware of the fact.
  • Hildas HairnetHildas Hairnet Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    acker wrote: »
    deleted.

Awww whats up hun :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone yesterday wrote TWENTY (yes I counted) Facebook statuses about the new Xbox.
  • mellybumpsmellybumps Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I know someone who is trying to promote that "90 day body challenge" by Vi - basically a pyramid scheme involving drinking and selling slimfast style milkshakes. My brother's tried pointing out to her that the meeting she went to in London where people got "given" BMW's and money was a big load of crap but she's too thick to understand. Every status involves mentioning this milkshake or "prosperity scheme", I will be surprised if she has any friends left when it all goes tits up in a few weeks! There are other products you can buy to go with the plan but would you buy 56 biscuits for £109?!

I am a mum so I do mention my kids but not constantly and I never added the potty or naked pics when they were younger, really don't need to see that!
    Forum Member
    Horton wrote: »
    Someone yesterday wrote TWENTY (yes I counted) Facebook statuses about the new Xbox.

Oh, you must know my ex husband ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    mellybumps wrote: »
    I know someone who is trying to promote that "90 day body challenge" by Vi - basically a pyramid scheme involving drinking and selling slimfast style milkshakes. My brother's tried pointing out to her that the meeting she went to in London where people got "given" BMW's and money was a big load of crap but she's too thick to understand. Every status involves mentioning this milkshake or "prosperity scheme", I will be surprised if she has any friends left when it all goes tits up in a few weeks! There are other products you can buy to go with the plan but would you buy 56 biscuits for £109?!

I am a mum so I do mention my kids but not constantly and I never added the potty or naked pics when they were younger, really don't need to see that!

You could always point out to her that such pyramid selling schemes are probably illegal, as pyramid schemes themselves were outlawed in the UK several years ago. :D
    Forum Member
    You could always point out to her that such pyramid selling schemes are probably illegal, as pyramid schemes themselves were outlawed in the UK several years ago. :D

Believe me, people have tried but it's one of them where they are extremely cagey about how it works (if you look at their website there is no mention of recruiting other people to sell, it just talks about having a "Challenge Party"), hopefully it will all get onto Watchdog and binned off soon!
  • My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a friend who is really lovely in real life, but is always updating her status with things like, "On the bus", "On the train", etc. I don't care!!
  • WhiteShadeWhiteShade Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    I'm wondering if I hold the world record for fastest Friend Request Acceptance demoted to Important Life Events Only?

9.50am - ish. Me and Lisa are now Friends.

10am - Happy birthday to my beautiful boy Jayden, 5 to day lots of love mummy, granny, grandad, auntie sue

10.12am- 15 pictures of Jayden opening presents.

10.46. 4 different "Put this on your status if you are proud of your beautiful baby boy" type cartoon bollocks.

11.06 am - Jayden wants cakes and jelly for breakfast. Love my baby boy!

11.45am - 10 more pictures of Jayden opening cards.

11.46am - Lisa demoted to 'Important life events only'.

One of my friends has a young son named Jayden and does nothing but post about how great he is and how much she loves him. It's annoying. :eek:
  • WhiteShadeWhiteShade Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    I particularly hate people who don't have a sense of humour posting comments on status updates of mine that I find funny or abrasive. If you don't get it, don't come to my show etc..
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    People posting a coke bottle with their name on it. Possibly the most tiresome update ever.
  • saffron_starsaffron_star Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    People posting a coke bottle with their name on it. Possibly the most tiresome update ever.

Very much agreed. I would never have one of those :o
  • †¤AzumiMiyako¤††¤AzumiMiyako¤† Posts: 3,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me neither :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nor me :o
  • MarzBar85MarzBar85 Posts: 15,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    Horton wrote: »
    Nor me :o

I'm never going to be able to do that! :(
  • ArtymagsArtymags Posts: 18,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got this on my news feed today!

"GOING TO SEE WHO REALLY CARES .... I NEED A HUG OR TWO !!!! TO GIVE ME A HUG , CLICK LIKE ..... I BELIEVE I KNOW WHO WILL HUG ME , AND WHO WILL NOT !!!! REMEMBER THAT ONCE YOU CLICK LIKE , YOU MUST RE-POST THIS ON YOUR WALL , SO I CAN HUG YOU . ( RULES ARE RULES ) I DID IT FOR A FRIEND,YOU CAN TOO"

I didn't re-post it on my wall! :rolleyes:
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Forgot to post this one. It was the day after the Boston bombing (by two Islamic extremists)
    My prayers go out to anyone injured in the bombing. If we didn't have science and only relied on religion we wouldn't have this problem though... Bombs are a product of science. I maintain the fact science is the Devil's work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One friend has gone from posting pictures of his phone charging to reliving his "glory days" on BGT, posting videos and pictures. He doesn't seem to be aware that people were laughing at him not with him...
    Forum Member
    los.kav wrote: »
    Forgot to post this one. It was the day after the Boston bombing (by two Islamic extremists)

The irony being that science and engineering are the very things responsible for them being allowed to use a computer, and for the invention of the internet .:D
  • SealegSealeg Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    The irony being that science and engineering are the very things responsible for them being allowed to use a computer, and for the invention of the internet .:D

Also the irony that people don't blow up sporting events in the name of science.
  • Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artymags wrote: »
    Got this on my news feed today!

"GOING TO SEE WHO REALLY CARES .... I NEED A HUG OR TWO !!!! TO GIVE ME A HUG , CLICK LIKE ..... I BELIEVE I KNOW WHO WILL HUG ME , AND WHO WILL NOT !!!! REMEMBER THAT ONCE YOU CLICK LIKE , YOU MUST RE-POST THIS ON YOUR WALL , SO I CAN HUG YOU . ( RULES ARE RULES ) I DID IT FOR A FRIEND,YOU CAN TOO"

I didn't re-post it on my wall! :rolleyes:

Kill it! Kill it now!
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calien01 wrote: »
    posting pictures of his phone charging

I think this is one of the most pathetic things I've ever heard of in my life.

I am enjoying this thread a lot, though. It's a good reminder as to why I barely use Facebook and have never liked the "Facebook culture" at all. Oy.
    Forum Member
    Sealeg wrote: »
    Also the irony that people don't blow up sporting events in the name of science.

Very true. Somehow I can't see scientists and university lecturers bombing such events anytime soon.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    los.kav wrote: »

Sealeg wrote: »

los.kav - did anybody point these things out to your friend? :D:D
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,547
    Forum Member
    DaisieBee wrote: »
    macsmurray wrote: »
    And you still have her on your timeline bcause...?[/QUOTE

Unfortunately our kids go to school together and so I see her regularly. If someone deletes her she takes it very personally, writing status' about the horrible person who dared to delete her.

How do these people know someone has deleted them :confused: They must keep count of their 'friends' daily to notice :eek:
This discussion has been closed.