The Vampire Diaries season 4 US Pace (spoilers in tags)

Comments

• JCRJCR Posts: 24,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've not released photos from next weeks episode, like they usually do, guess they don't want people to know who is in it. (They spoiled Elena getting her humanity back before it happened with this photo from the finale: http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq279/jcrx_album/TVD423A_0299bjpg-f179436a-t3_zpsd81c2fce.jpg )

4.21 was okay, it ran through it's horror tropes effectively enough I guess, though not much really happened.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    Well done, thanks SO MUCH for bothering to put that in spoiler tags. So very considerate.

It's a US pace thread. This happened in the US last night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    It did say spoilers in tags.If your on twitter it was leaked a while back.I havent watched it yet and I dont mind getting a sneak peek.
    Forum Member
    Do you reckon Katherine might have the cure just a thought.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »

You get one in every thread :rolleyes:, I always double check the thread title before I click submit to be safe.

Enjoyed this week, although it was mainly setting up the finale. Gotta admit I actually cheered when Damon revealed the ring and Elena finally opened up. Elena targeting her emotions on a specific target is a good move it will be interesting to see how she does!.

Caroline was put through the ringer again this week, at least she caught a break at the end :D

Next week looks awesome
    Finn's back! I would expect to see Alaric, Lexi & Jeremy too (along with a few villains too)

And the cure
    Everything points to Damon as he doesn't want it, But I'm starting to suspect Katherine, as the ultimate revenge
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member

That doesn't make it all right at all. It clearly says spoilers in tags. I wouldn't have looked here otherwise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    That doesn't make it all right at all. It clearly says spoilers in tags. I wouldn't have looked here otherwise.

Yes, Spoilers in tags. Once an episode air they are no longer spoilers.

However, for future reference I will add them inside tags, though personally I just avoid this thread until I've seen the episode.
  • JanuaryMinstrelJanuaryMinstrel Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I would just like to say something that's bothered me about this episode......

How are any of them going to graduate?! They're never even at school!
    Forum Member
    I would just like to say something that's bothered me about this episode......

How are any of them going to graduate?! They're never even at school!

Scooby doo diplomas:D
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member

You should look at the pace of the thread. It seems obvious that the US paced episodes can be discussed here out of tags, but not future spoilers that have not yet aired in the US. Otherwise, the whole of the thread would be in tags!
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    You should look at the pace of the thread. It seems obvious that the US paced episodes can be discussed here out of tags, but not future spoilers that have not yet aired in the US. Otherwise, the whole of the thread would be in tags!

^^^This.

Great episode! I loved the part where Silas was chasing Caroline in particular. I do hope that a few old characters come back from the dead.
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    The writers know full well what's gone wrong this season and it looks like they're (literally) going to wave a magic wand to set things right for S5. We can all only hope as it has totally lost its way this year!

Really? Not sure most would agree with that, this season's been brilliant and quite a refreshing change with quite a few characters revealing more and taking different routes with their stories. There's also the added bonus that we've had hardly any of the unbearable Tyler too, hopefully they kill him off completely soon.

Quality episode this week, the Caroline scene with Silas was brilliant. Needed more Klaus though. Rebecka is still awesome.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    nats18 wrote: »
    I kinda agree with you though the problem they have with it being a vampire show is the ageing thing. If say TVD ran for 10 series then the Originals started after that they'd likely need a year to set it up and filmed to go to air. Klaus/Elijah/Rebekah wouldn't look right. Make-ups good but not that good so they have to run it like this imo
    That's a fair point.
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    Next week looks awesome
    Finn's back! I would expect to see Alaric, Lexi & Jeremy too (along with a few villains too)
    I believe Alaric (the actor who plays him anyway) has resigned for the role. Not sure we'll get everyone else back though. Lexi would be cool, but I don't think we'll see Jenna or Vicki again.

My bet? During the 'deed', something goes wrong with Bonnie and her spell, that or it's interrupted and only a few select people/vampires/wolves/witches make the transition back. The rest end up 'proper dead' as a result.

A good catch would be that those who do 'come back' come back as Human. This would at least give reasons why a lot of them (such as Klaus' victims) would let the past be past if they're more vulnerable.
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    And the cure
    Everything points to Damon as he doesn't want it, But I'm starting to suspect Katherine, as the ultimate revenge
    I'd like to think Katherine, simply because Nina (apparently) finds it stressful to play two different characters. If they turn one Human, and then kill her off, Nina's portrayal of two people isn't needed.

Besides, I think they've exhausted Katherine.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if Katherine becomes truelly immortal, she could be the new big bad for season 5..

I really want Lexi back!!!!!!!!! That is all!!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Only thing I didn't understand... Caroline's mum, was she meant to be dead, or just to weak to swallow Caroline's blood?
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh Wow, Elena Matt and the Brothers, more emotion in that scene than all the Twilight movies put together. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done, thanks SO MUCH for bothering to put that in spoiler tags. So very considerate.

I watch at UK pace and therefore don't come onto this thread until Tuesday night after the episode.

Anyone else find Silas proper creepy this week. Good villain imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    Well, if Katherine becomes truelly immortal, she could be the new big bad for season 5..

I really want Lexi back!!!!!!!!! That is all!!!!!!!

I can see them doing the Five Doctors ending, or something similar, with Katherine- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7WRrmTcUGg&playnext=1&list=PL77ADBF62ED78D9DB
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing I didn't understand... Caroline's mum, was she meant to be dead, or just to weak to swallow Caroline's blood?

Or was Silas messing with her?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see them doing the Five Doctors ending, or something similar, with Katherine- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7WRrmTcUGg&playnext=1&list=PL77ADBF62ED78D9DB

So you think she will be made truelly human only to be isolated for all of time?
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,414
    Forum Member
    I was actually sad when i thought Matt had died, i actually quite like that there is still a human left in the show.

This show has gone downhill so much compared to the earlier two seasons but i still love it and has me hooked each week.

Hoping season 5 will get things back on track.. Also really hope that the rumours i'm hearing about Katherine getting killed off are not true.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Does anybody else think Matt will move to New Orleans with Rebekah?
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,141
    Forum Member
    I could see him going Rebekah would need a pretty good reason to leave him behind he's pretty much what she stays for
    Forum Member
    The real life Delena have split up, I think maybe Damon dies at the end of season 4?Possibilty maybe.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    herejohno wrote: »
    The real life Delena have split up, I think maybe Damon dies at the end of season 4?Possibilty maybe.

I have a feeling Julie Plec is trying to play with us and perhaps it is Stefan who takes the cure. But Damon taking the cure and leaving Mystic Falls for a while would make sense if Ian has secured the role as Christian Grey in the Fifty Shades Film adaptation....that's the only reason I can think of for Ian to be taking a break from the show