The Vampire Diaries season 4 US Pace (spoilers in tags)

Comments

• LucyyculLucyycul Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prehaps only the origional who compelled can uncompell
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    davethorp wrote: »
    One thing that bothered me about the latest episode is that surely Rebekah or Klaus could have simply compelled Damon not to kill Jeremy and that would have undone Kol's compulsion. Why the need to lock Damon up?

I think the original compulsion will always stand until the compelling Original dies (i.e. daggered or Original white-oak staked). In other words, as Kol's compulsion came first, anyone trying to compel him to do the opposite wouldn't succeed.

Originals don't always succeed with their compulsions, as shown when Elijah tried to compel Elena to tell him about the Moonstone, but failed until he removed her vervaine necklace.
    Lucyycul wrote: »
    prehaps only the origional who compelled can uncompell

Yes, that too.
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    Guess that makes sense
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I was wondering, doesn't Jeremy's ring work now? (it shouldn't, he's a magical critter now). If it does, then surely Damon killing him would have fulfilled the compulsion and Jer would pop back up, no harm, no foul.

But as I said, the ring's probably borked...
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I was wondering, doesn't Jeremy's ring work now? (it shouldn't, he's a magical critter now). If it does, then surely Damon killing him would have fulfilled the compulsion and Jer would pop back up, no harm, no foul.

But as I said, the ring's probably borked...

That was my understanding of the rings power. Maybe he should give it to Matt instead!
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I thought Rebekah was the most interesting thing about the whole episode everything else was a bit of a yawn-fest...:yawn:
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They cancelled a school dance because people may get murdered! :eek: Never thought I'd see the day. :)

Okay episode this week but I think this season maybe better than 1 or 3, still enjoyably loopy.
    Forum Member
    The episodes have really been lack-lustre recently however I am enjoying Rebekah. But I have a feeling that they'll kill her off permanently or she ends up daggered again...:yawn:. The Originals will be pointless if there's only two.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    I love Rebekah, she's really sweet and I do believe her when she says she wants the cure for herself so that she can have a normal life with children etc.

Is it just me or did Damon not look as delighted as he should've been back in Elenas arms?

I'm glad Kol is gone, never did like his odd voice and even more odd facial expressions.

I'd be more than happy to entertain Klaus for three days while he's stuck in the Gilbert house:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    So Elena has quite amazing strength really or must really care for Jeremy to pull herself through a wooden stake when it's left lesser vamps more or less paralysed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the best eps this season. Intense! Loved seeing powerful Bonnie and Elena. Loving Stefan and Rebekah together. So much going on. Really feel sad for Damon...he really needs to be more confident with himself about Elena.

Found Klaus so cute when he asked Damon how he'd got Elena to love him! :o "If you gotta be bad, be bad with purpose otherwise your not worth forgiving". Loved it!! I cannot wait for more Klaus and Caroline scenes!

Mixed emotions about Kol being dead! He was a jerk this season but his chat with Elena was nice! Klaus's eyes when he found Kol dead...:cry:

I did have a little giggle at the last scene when Jeremy ripped his shirt off :o:D damn he's all hot and grown up!:D
    Also the punch Damon gave to Stefan:cool:

Counting down the days until Elijah is back! :)
    Forum Member
    Yes it was great seeing Elena take care of herself for once instead of relying on the Salvatores
    Forum Member
    Interesting question was asked on twitter to the original vampires...:p
    † purple Ninja † ‏@TVD_XoXoo_
    Guys if an original take the Cure , so the entire line will be humans ? @JuliePlec @MissClaireHolt @JosephMorgan

Joseph Morgan ‏@JosephMorgan
    .@TVD_XoXoo_ If Klaus takes the cure he will simply be a werewolf, doesn't matter what it means for his hybrids because.. well.. you know ;)
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Im only at the end of season 3 so not reading all this thread, but its hard to find somewhere to chat about TVD away from slightly manic fans!

Does it get any better in season 4 as in 3 I have become very irritated by the love triangle. She just needs to pick Damon and be done with it already as her and Stefan are just boooooooooring.

Also is Season 4 going to be shown on ITV soon? Sorry for gatecrashing the season 4 thread!
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenzen wrote: »
    Does it get any better in season 4 as in 3 I have become very irritated by the love triangle. She just needs to pick Damon and be done with it already as her and Stefan are just boooooooooring.

Elena is just a permanent irritant.

The most selfish, immoral, hypocritical character I have ever seen on any show. They really should just kill her off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im only at the end of season 3 so not reading all this thread, but its hard to find somewhere to chat about TVD away from slightly manic fans!

Also is Season 4 going to be shown on ITV soon? Sorry for gatecrashing the season 4 thread!

Season 4 is better than 3, which was a bit all over the place imo.

ITV2 showed the first half of the season prior to Christmas. It'll be back in February, but they haven't confirmed the date as yet.
    Forum Member
    Season 4 is better than 3, which was a bit all over the place imo.

ITV2 showed the first half of the season prior to Christmas. It'll be back in February, but they haven't confirmed the date as yet.

Thx :)

And I agree with the previous poster about Elena being selfish, its quite honestly gone into twilight territory in season 3 with a really obsessive unhealthy (and boring) relationship, Im referring to Stefan-Elena here. Very irritating move on already.

I hope I can watch the first half of season 4 on ITV player then, as thanks to netflix I have caught up on the first 3 seasons :)
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good ep, in hindsight killing an Original was a really obvious choice to grow the mark. It's a shame Kol had to die tho, he was the only one not blinded by the cure. Elijah will prob feel the same way, they all can't want the cure without anyone else knowing about and fearing the world ending Silas.

I really hate the way they list the guest characters in the starting credits, it really ruins any surprise apperances like Bonnies Mum, they can do it as they didn't list Matt Davis's guest apperance with Damon near the start of the season.

No Caroline for the second week in a row, why do they have to hurt me so....................
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Elena is just a permanent irritant.

The most selfish, immoral, hypocritical character I have ever seen on any show. They really should just kill her off.

Yeah, that makes sense, kill the character the show is about. :rolleyes:

Issue with this and shows like this, that involve the supernatural, is the morals are always going to be completely messed up. Only have to look to previous shows like it Buffy, Supernatural etc... Everyone of them have messed up morals.

Admittedly Elena is amazingly selfish, but still....

Besides, They did kill her off :p:D
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope I can watch the first half of season 4 on ITV player then, as thanks to netflix I have caught up on the first 3 seasons :)

The first 9 episodes are no longer on ITV Player as they're usually taken down after a couple of weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    No Caroline for the second week in a row, why do they have to hurt me so....................

yeah.. where has she gone?
    Forum Member
    Blossom85 wrote: »
    The first 9 episodes are no longer on ITV Player as they're usually taken down after a couple of weeks.

Yes you right I looked last night :(

I hope they repeat it at some point.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if silas has been cast?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    Does anyone know if silas has been cast?

Not heard anything, no.
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silas...hoping for a dark, handsome, Latino kinda guy, with evil eyes ;)