Jay McKray's debut single "Music Is My Life"

Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
Forum Member

Comments

• Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    What do you think of it Sid?

I find it catchy don't want to:o.... Video looks tacky what's with those girls.
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is no better or worse than the rest of the crap in the top 40 charts these days.
  • Options
    kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone posted this a few weeks back. I see that it hasn't exactly stormed the charts (not that that's any guide to quality)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    From the comments:

devtherevLS 3 weeks ago

Where's the freezer?

Own up, who was it? :D
  • Options
    JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what the hell... just as bad as alex reids pitiful attempt
  • Options
    -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ew :( Nothing is worse than Kemal's attempt though, that's gotta be the worst.

Glad to see Jay & Lou are still together though!
  • Options
    TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    Still better than Cocozza's latest "song", so he's has far from the worst musical career of the C5 runner-ups :D

(since Atomic Kitten and the Nolans were shite too, he might be the best of an awful bunch!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,114
    Forum Member
    Still better than Cocozza's latest "song", so he's has far from the worst musical career of the C5 runner-ups :D

(since Atomic Kitten and the Nolans were shite too, he might be the best of an awful bunch!)

He does have that where am I, what am I doing here look though! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sex wrote: »
    What do you think of it Sid?

I find it catchy don't want to:o.... Video looks tacky what's with those girls.

As has been said, it's the best of a shocking bunch.
  • Options
    docmandocman Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    I think I threw up in my mouth at the sight of him standing there like a lump of wood, only less animated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh :( Its been removed! And i needed cheering up too :(
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elena1011 wrote: »
    Oh :( Its been removed! And i needed cheering up too :(
    It didn't pass the youtube quality control :o:p
  • Options
    VideostarVideostar Posts: 14,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish Jay would just give it up, fame will never be his.

He's just another loser with a fake tan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Videostar wrote: »

Why should he give it up? Really? Do you say that about everyone who makes music that does not sell very widely? He seems to be harming no one in recording a music track and if he enjoys it, why not?
  • Options
    slackereconomyslackereconomy Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great lyrics
  • Options
    themrdanjamesthemrdanjames Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So you think if a housemate doesnt retain fame they are losers?
  • Options
    linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great lyrics

:D:D:D

I switched it off halfway through. What a load of tosh :o
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member

He really isn't harming anyone, and seems to enjoy doing this. Why should he just give it up?

It's definitely anything memorable, but it's not the worst I've heard either. It's also nice to see that Jay & Louise are still together
  • Options
    TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    He really isn't harming anyone, and seems to enjoy doing this. Why should he just give it up?

I am sure everybody calling Jay famehungry for making a crappy music video was just as critical of Aaron for making a crappy reality show pilot.:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why it was removed. Interesting that they'd disabled the comments on the reuploaded version. I remember clicking a link to it a while ago and there wasn't anything too bad on it.

I refrained from passing comment on here when it first came out because I didn't want a lecture from a certain forumer about how we we're all making him out to be a monster but upon listening to it again the same comparison to another music act kept creeping into my head that I have to ask if I'm crazy for thinking this.

Anyone think there's a certain Milli Vanilli thing going on here? That voice (which is okay) just doesn't sound like it's coming out of Jay. Sure you could make a similar comparison to people being suprised at seeing Rick Astley after only hearing his voice and assuming he was black but it wasn't as jarring as this and if you'd heard Astley speak his singing voice wasn't that suprising. Whereas here Jay sounds nothing like his singing voice. It doesn't help that Jay seems rather wooden in the video. Music Videos are all made with artists miming but it actualy looks like Jay is miming

The song is your usual fare that you get from non major label or unsigned british dance acts. The kind of stuff you see get played on Starz TV and channels of that ilk. Not my kind of thing but good luck to him.
    I am sure everybody calling Jay famehungry for making a crappy music video was just as critical of Aaron for making a crappy reality show pilot.:p

Channel 5 actualy asked Aaron and Faye to make that pilot. Taking advantage of an offer on the table I would argue is hardly fame hungry. If they made it out of their own pocket and shopped it round to different production companies then it'd be a somewhat different story.

Not to mention how two different people go about achieving the same of similar goal generaly plays a part in how people label them. Someone like say Brandy can sell her engagement story to People Magazine and no one thinks of her as desperate but if Katie Price gets engaged and sells her story that she's desperate. That may be a double standard but like I said it's the way they sell themselves that generaly gives off a vibe of desperation or lack of it.
  • Options
    KissesDontLieKissesDontLie Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    This is so bad I want to cry.
  • Options
    KissesDontLieKissesDontLie Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Has anyone heard Luke S's song? It's way, way, way worse D:
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    farscape wrote: »

Channel 5 actualy asked Aaron and Faye to make that pilot. Taking advantage of an offer on the table I would argue is hardly fame hungry. If they made it out of their own pocket and shopped it round to different production companies then it'd be a somewhat different story.

Not to mention how two different people go about achieving the same of similar goal generaly plays a part in how people label them. Someone like say Brandy can sell her engagement story to People Magazine and no one thinks of her as desperate but if Katie Price gets engaged and sells her story that she's desperate. That may be a double standard but like I said it's the way they sell themselves that generaly gives off a vibe of desperation or lack of it.

To be fair, Brandy has been called desperate and thirsty for the ring plenty of times. (Totally OT, and not your point, but I just had to say it)

Music business is all about self promotion after self promotion. I don't think Jay's way is desperate (though I don't follow him that much). He isn't on every tabloid each week, he isn't breaking up and making up with Louise each month, and selling these stories to the tabloids. There are no sex tapes and such. Mostly he is just trying to sell his music as it is and as he is. So, his ambition is to get into the music business, he just has to keep trying and keep promoting himself and the music.