Options

Mark is the biggest surprise of the series

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
Forum Member
When he went in and during the first week, he was my least favorite housemate and came across as 2-dimensional. But over the weeks he has stood up for people who are being bullied, and confronted those who have been out of order in a way that is honest and makes things better. He clearly thinks for himself and makes his own mind up about people. Like him.

Comments

• Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do like him but I think he's a bit of a fake defender. He only stood up to Helen because he knew she'd never really get nasty with him. He never properly stood up for Jale either (against Helen).
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    He's a whiny little attention-seeker.
  • Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really disliked him until 3 nights ago since then he has been sticking up for the "outsiders"
  • Options
    Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    He has gone up a bit in my estimation but i still dont like him.
  • Options
    previewspreviews Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really must agree with the OP. When he came in I thought I knew exactly what to expect. An Hm who would sit in the corner quietly waiting for the last couple of weeks before he unleashed his drive to the final. We've seen it so many times before, especially in the last series.
    Instead we are seeing someone with a sure moral compass who is passionately challlenging what he sees as unfairness and bullying. He's really surprised me so far and and I'm increasingly hoping thar he might win.
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    I get the feeling he is getting a good edit, I suspect he bitches a lot and it's just not shown. Mark also seems to be around Matthew for a lot of the day, he may have a crush lets hope it does not escalate to Craig BB6 levels.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Thought he came across bitchy in the early episodes but has had a real turn-around for me. Not afraid to stand up for others or himself and he's witty too. Pauline going was GREAT for him. Seems to be an outsider to the horrid lot now.
  • Options
    dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite liked Mark from the start, that little shouty strop he had tonight was hilarious
  • Options
    ccosmicloveccosmiclove Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way he told Ash off today was quite nice I think.
    He can still be a bit OTT at times.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Mark, he,s stuck up for a few of the hms and he,s good fun
  • Options
    dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Puppy_Junk wrote: »
    Seems to be an outsider to the horrid lot now.

He said tonight that Helen is one of his best mates
  • Options
    atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woeful wrote: »
    When he went in and during the first week, he was my least favorite housemate and came across as 2-dimensional. But over the weeks he has stood up for people who are being bullied, and confronted those who have been out of order in a way that is honest and makes things better. He clearly thinks for himself and makes his own mind up about people. Like him.

You're supposed to like him, that's how BB are editing him to be liked!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dtorre wrote: »
    He said tonight that Helen is one of his best mates

Ah haven't seen tonight's yet! I suspect he will ditch her somewhere along the way, if he's smart anyhow.
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He knows what he's doing, from his OTT histrionics about the hairdryers to the defence of Jale and Matthew. He's camera aware and playing a good game.
  • Options
    AndrewPdAndrewPd Posts: 6,718
    Forum Member
    He seems okay. I think a few people have been tarred by their association with Helen and Ash.
  • Options
    Yasmin26Yasmin26 Posts: 3,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on people are you that gullible to fall for Mark's act. Everything he does is with the viewers in mind not because its the right thing to do. After he defended Jale he went right back to Helen and Ash to apologies to them. Give me million's of Helen than that annoying little faker.
  • Options
    I <3 TweetyI <3 Tweety Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    I like him a lot. Let's imagine he is playing a game like people say, well I'd rather that than acting nasty like most other housemates. Although I don't really believe he is playing a game.
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark is actually fav to win now HERE, always thought he would be Winston's biggest challenger;-)
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed feelings.

I didn't like the way he told Christopher to shut up when he was defending himself against Helen.
  • Options
    MrBingMrBing Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    I get the feeling he is getting a good edit, I suspect he bitches a lot and it's just not shown. Mark also seems to be around Matthew for a lot of the day, he may have a crush lets hope it does not escalate to Craig BB6 levels.

:confused:

You're aren't reading it right.
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Kinda know he's playing the game. ...heard what the public thinks about certain HM and he almost backing away from them. ...but not quite! ! Wants to keep his options open but desires a happy house overall

His DR antics. ..along with Toyas..are priceless! !! If chris couldn't win, Mark would do! !!
  • Options
    Fat BuddhaFat Buddha Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having a few close Gay friends, one in particular (sorry Whizzo for mentioning you if you read this) said "That spiteful Scouse Queen needs to have a very bad experience in a a Dark Room. Most Queens get on my tits, but he's on another level"

You don't like him then ? Said I.

" F**k Off Fatty" was his response.

I'm kinda used to him really, he's a top bloke !
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    his behavior tonight was cringey :blush:
  • Options
    Underground manUnderground man Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    I can't help but like Mark.
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His accent is so fake, I've never heard a Scouser that over the top.