Orange Is The New Black - Season Two Discussion

Comments

• adamo8adamo8 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I'm upto Episode 3 and still loving it! Suzanne is still my favourite character! Is she featured in season 2 a lot?

I really dislike Dana though as all she seems to do is moan!
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finished watching the whole season in the early hours of this morning, especially loved seeing the backstory's of all the main characters.

Adding Vee's character to the cast this year, really shook up the series as Lorraine Toussaint played her to perfection and was deliciously unpleasant. :D
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Nearly finished episode 1. Brilliant so far.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adamo8 wrote: »
    I'm upto Episode 3 and still loving it! Suzanne is still my favourite character! Is she featured in season 2 a lot?

I really dislike Dana though as all she seems to do is moan!

Of course she is

and I am not too fond of Daya to be honest as well.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,837
    Forum Member
    Suzanne is awesome. Found her backstory quite moving too, especially the bit where her mother took her and her sister to a party. :( Have they ever said why she was sent to prison? Like with Lorna I am not convinced prison is the best place for them.

Also love Taystee so enjoyed that we saw more of her. Black Cindy's backstory was funny, especially her zipping around the airport on her buggy lol.

Found myself really liking Nikki this series too and her friendship with Piper and Boo. Didn't really notice her much as a character in S1

Looking forward to S3, although hoping it won't just concentrate on Piper and Alex.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    i have finished the whole season, a little mad at myslef for not spreading it out a bit more.

i really enjoyed that this season the focus wasnt on Piper as much, although i thought the Vee/Red/Gloria stoyline dominated too much. i actually liked Crazy eyes more last season as i didnt like her mean streak. I liked the Poussey/Taystee dynamic change arc but her treatment was awful.

WHAT WAS THE POINT IN SOSO?!?! please let her not be in it next season. really annoying character with no redeeming features.

I missed Alex and her secretary glasses (posssibily too much) and am pleased she's back next season but like a lot of others i dont want her and piper to be the main story. Piper grew on me this season she was fun (poo incident), weak (Alex), strong (Nikki/Red) and finally free of Larry. i liked the backstory/flashbacks and that they provided a good continuity through the season.

Finally Rosa in the final ep made my day!! very satisfying ending for both characters, especially with all the flashbacks!
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Just finished Season 2 after starting it on Friday....I tried to stretch it out but it was impossible every episode just had me hooked :D This season had alot of characters involved which i enjoyed to, I did however miss Alex I heard she had scheduling conflicts with other projects which is why she was only in 4 episodes but tbh it worked out great.
    I loved Vee she was a great villain but Im glad it has only lasted one season
    Merlows story was shocking to me :o but sad at the same time and i love the character but she is unstable :( I wonder if they will explore more into that next season

Anyone else think that with shows like this and being able to watch the whole season in one go is the way TV is/will go in the future ? I admit the thought of TV dying is sad but with shows like Orange is the New Black Im well and truly up for this kind of change. We are in a world now where people hate to wait including me yeah the wait maybe longer but is it worth it..... hell yes! :D

Roll On season 3 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah Laura Prepon had to have a small role this season due to directing a movie. Plus unlike a lot of television series, none of the cast are signed up to multiple seasons and basically renew their contracts each time the show is given a renewal.

I actually wonder if the less focus on Piper is perhaps for this show to actually continue without Piper in the near future. Piper only has eight months left until she is released and could take place over another season or two as the show's timeline is rather slow.
    Forum Member
    Yeah Laura Prepon had to have a small role this season due to directing a movie. Plus unlike a lot of television series, none of the cast are signed up to multiple seasons and basically renew their contracts each time the show is given a renewal.

I actually wonder if the less focus on Piper is perhaps for this show to actually continue without Piper in the near future. Piper only has eight months left until she is released and could take place over another season or two as the show's timeline is rather slow.

Yeah thats the thing Piper doesnt have long... And
    Alex will properly get like 6-12months max
    so If they do continue to take the timeline slow like they did between S1 & S2 then Piper could be on for at least 1-2 more seasons. but i do think they are writing it so that the show can continue without some of the original cast. Theres alot they can do with other characters and bringing in new ones and theres alot of stories to be told from the other characters like the meth heads etc.

But who knows there might be even a plan to just do a certain amount of Seasons, I think alot of producers now hate to drag a show on for the sake of it and do plan ahead for its final season but thats just my guess. With the way the show is broadcast also makes it seem more safer then if it was on a TV channel as they dont have to worry about ratings as much.
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    NPW wrote: »

Finally Rosa in the final ep made my day!! very satisfying ending for both characters, especially with all the flashbacks!

Me too, that scene was priceless :D
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,273
    Forum Member
    I want s3 now dammit! :(:D
    Vee was an interesting addition, master manipulator like no other! :eek: You could tell she was trouble from the word go, but it was interesting to see the dynamics change and the way she sucked the fun from the sisterhood. Poor Suzanne never stood a chance with a bitch like that messing with her head! They did have some fun though when they were 'discovering themselves' and as a recent adopter to the Outlander series, I enjoyed that little name check from Taystee. Glad Rosa took Vee out, could see that coming once she nicked the van and Vee came out the wilderness! :p "Go fast!"

Morello's story was sad, I kinda suspected there was never a fiancé the way she was banging on about him, but I couldn't dislike her for it, she just got lost in the fantasy and she is actually a nice person underneath it all and a good friend to the girls. I loved her take on Toy Story! :D

The baby drama was meh as usual, although I do like the Spanish gang. The job interview stuff was good, along with the girls trying to explain to Gloria how they managed to get robbed by the grannies! :D Also liked the newspaper stuff with Flaca - "I was thinking of an advice section, people could write me their problems and I could tell them to get over their shit." :D

Red was as witty and bolshy as ever, the gardening club was a savvy move, shame that Big Boo had to turn traitor and spoil it! Was sad to see what had become of Red's old place when Piper got out on furlough, it was nice of Piper to spare her feelings, I liked their growing friendship. As much as I'm glad that Alex and her glasses are back inside, I hope her and Piper aren't going to dominate everything, I liked that Piper became more well rounded on her own and the growing bonds with the likes of Red, Nicky and Morello. The reaction from Alex to Piper's roach hunt was good though!

Brook was alright in small doses - "You tried to sell me for a blanket?!" :D

Couldn't give two hoots about limp Larry and Polly, they've had their twisted happy ending, so I hope we've seen the last of them now.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mychmose wrote: »
    She wore a uniform, no?

No, she didn't.

She was there because her father was in the US military.

It was made clear that she had to leave because *her father* was being reassigned back to the US, not because she was. If she was in the military too, why would she go back to the US just because her father was? And why would she even be in the same place as her father anyway if they were both serving?
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Episode 9 or 10
    Piper telling Alex 'I want to taste how you taste...' was hotter than the sun.
    Forum Member
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    I want s3 now dammit! :(:D
    Vee was an interesting addition, master manipulator like no other! :eek: You could tell she was trouble from the word go, but it was interesting to see the dynamics change and the way she sucked the fun from the sisterhood. Poor Suzanne never stood a chance with a bitch like that messing with her head! They did have some fun though when they were 'discovering themselves' and as a recent adopter to the Outlander series, I enjoyed that little name check from Taystee. Glad Rosa took Vee out, could see that coming once she nicked the van and Vee came out the wilderness! :p "Go fast!"

Morello's story was sad, I kinda suspected there was never a fiancé the way she was banging on about him, but I couldn't dislike her for it, she just got lost in the fantasy and she is actually a nice person underneath it all and a good friend to the girls. I loved her take on Toy Story! :D

The baby drama was meh as usual, although I do like the Spanish gang. The job interview stuff was good, along with the girls trying to explain to Gloria how they managed to get robbed by the grannies! :D Also liked the newspaper stuff with Flaca - "I was thinking of an advice section, people could write me their problems and I could tell them to get over their shit." :D

Red was as witty and bolshy as ever, the gardening club was a savvy move, shame that Big Boo had to turn traitor and spoil it! Was sad to see what had become of Red's old place when Piper got out on furlough, it was nice of Piper to spare her feelings, I liked their growing friendship. As much as I'm glad that Alex and her glasses are back inside, I hope her and Piper aren't going to dominate everything, I liked that Piper became more well rounded on her own and the growing bonds with the likes of Red, Nicky and Morello. The reaction from Alex to Piper's roach hunt was good though!

Brook was alright in small doses - "You tried to sell me for a blanket?!" :D

Couldn't give two hoots about limp Larry and Polly, they've had their twisted happy ending, so I hope we've seen the last of them now.

Morello is a great character and i cant hate her either :)

As for Larry I agree I hope he is gone next season, Jason is a very one dimensional actor and he doesnt suit this show if there was one downside to this show then its him, I never warmed to him and just want him gone. Hopefully now after this season his story will be wrapped up ;)
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep watching the last 5 minutes of the last episode over and over. It's gloriously done and a fitting end for both Rosa and Vee
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished Season 2. It was just brilliant but am gutted I have to wait another year for Season 3. :(

Hats off to 'Crazy Eyes'......she really was the star of this series in every way. The range of emotions she pulls from you as a viewer is incredible. I love her!
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A great season again. I'm glad they widened the scope of the show into a proper ensemble piece. The guard and the nuns was hilarious. Very glad at how Bennet's confession went.

I hope Nichols doesn't fall off the wagon. The scene where she took the free heroin to Red was one of my favoutires of the season.
  • nobodyherenobodyhere Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not usually into the whole prison drama thing, but I'm loving OITNB

First 10 minutes of last episode, the scene with the warden assistant (fig) and Joe I felt like cheering for the guy, was absolutely hilarious... hes turning out to be one of the good guys, though I expect when he has more responsibility to turn face

Wonder if fig will be a prisoner in season 3

My only concern is if the main characters sentance was 12 months how many seasons can they make? Assuming Piper had 8 months to go as of the last couple episodes of the 2nd season

Looking forward to season 3... netflix redeemed themselves slightly by adding this show
    Forum Member
    nobodyhere wrote: »
    Not usually into the whole prison drama thing, but I'm loving OITNB

First 10 minutes of last episode, the scene with the warden assistant (fig) and Joe I felt like cheering for the guy, was absolutely hilarious... hes turning out to be one of the good guys, though I expect when he has more responsibility to turn face

Wonder if fig will be a prisoner in season 3

My only concern is if the main characters sentance was 12 months how many seasons can they make? Assuming Piper had 8 months to go as of the last couple episodes of the 2nd season

Looking forward to season 3... netflix redeemed themselves slightly by adding this show

If Fig goes to Prison I think that would make a good storyline and I can see it happening due to all the stuff she has done ;) Maybe let her see what a crap place the prison is in terms of how its run etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Fig would be eaten alive in Lichfield, especially after the blackout, it would be unlikey but amazing if she ends up there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although it was known anyway but Laura Prepon has been officially confirmed to be back for season 3 in every episode. Season 3 is already filming.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/06/orange-is-new-black-season-3-laura.html
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also the actors who play Poussey, Gloria, Black Cindy and Caputo have been promoted to regular.

Thats alot of regulars for Season Three!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »
    Also the actors who play Poussey, Gloria, Black Cindy and Caputo have been promoted to regular.

Thats alot of regulars for Season Three!

I would say that's pretty average to be honest
    There are more characters classed as guest stars then they are as regulars, judging by the opening credits and the credits that continue after

All the characters we have come to love have pretty much appeared in nearly every episode so they are pretty much regulars anyway. But when made a regular, you get more money and are on a more tight fixed contract.
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    It was a great season from start to end. I was hoping to only watch one a day... one... HAH!!! I binge watched it over 2 nights! It was so addictive even my faves like GOT and Hannibal got left untouched on my sky box.

My favourite part of the whole season has to be the last 5 minutes with Rosa and V.

:D

Cannot wait for season 3.
    Forum Member
    Great to hear they safe back to filming for S3 :D I hope we get some extra episodes 16 would be great :p
This discussion has been closed.