iOS 10 Thoughts

2»

Comments

• Options
    jem101jem101 Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    katt wrote: »
    5c :blush:

did have a quick look but not 100% sure how to!

AFAIK you can't, Apple really want the swipe right to display a 'sort-of' widget screen, the swipe to unlock has completely gone.

The advice about the Rest Finger to Open setting is to enable the phone to be unlocked and opened just using the touch ID sensor without having to actually press the home button as well.
  • Options
    kattkatt Posts: 10,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    How to turn off 'Press home to open' in iOS 10:
    Open Settings from the home screen.
    Scroll down and tap on General.
    Tap on Accessibility.
    Scroll down and tap on Home Button.
    Enable Rest Finger to Open.

BIB option not available :(

thanks tho
  • Options
    StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katt wrote: »
    BIB option not available :(

thanks tho
    That only apples for devices with TouchID, sorry. However, there should be a similar option for other devices.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    However, there should be a similar option for other devices.

Nope, not as far as I can see.
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I updated my IPad Mini 4 to IOS10 the night and updated ITunes on my laptop now ITunes will not sync with my IPad Mini 4. Any ideas what's happened.
    Also now when I plug in my IPad Mini 4 to my laptop it starts to charge then after 5 or 10 seconds come up not charging. Yet it still charging ok via the plug. It's Windows 10 I got on my HP laptop and laptop is only just over 4 months old.
    I don't want to just update my IPhone 5s incase the same happens to that.

Darren
  • Options
    Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ney wrote: »
    I updated my IPad Mini 4 to IOS10 the night and updated ITunes on my laptop now ITunes will not sync with my IPad Mini 4. Any ideas what's happened.
    Also now when I plug in my IPad Mini 4 to my laptop it starts to charge then after 5 or 10 seconds come up not charging. Yet it still charging ok via the plug. It's Windows 10 I got on my HP laptop and laptop is only just over 4 months old.
    I don't want to just update my IPhone 5s incase the same happens to that.

Darren

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes?

Will try that this evening and let you know how I get on.

Darren
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just did an uninstall of ITunes then reinstalled it and it still don't seem to work with my IPad mini 4.
    Also my IPad mini 4 still no longer seems to charge via my laptop and it used to work fine.
    Any help would be welcome.

Darren
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found a handy feature yesterday. You can use your phone as a magnifying glass. Handy for reading the ingredients on packaging in supermarkets.

It's in the accessibility settings.
  • Options
    Heanor_Man31Heanor_Man31 Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Nope, not as far as I can see.

I've an iPod Touch 6th Generation and there's no option to unlock it other than pressing the Home Button twice to bring up the passcode screen.

Fair enough if Apple wanted to remove the Slide to Unlock feature with the 7/7 Plus but to eliminate it completely for older Touch ID/non Touch ID devices was short sighted IMHO.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, I'm not finding the lack of 'slide to unlock' an issue.

The tin-foil hat area of my brain has just kicked in, though, and pointed out that we now all have to click the home button a lot more often which will reduce it's lifespan a tad... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the idea is that now more notifications appear on the lock screen you press the home button once to view them, then swipe the notification or press the home button again to unlock.

In theory, you unlock your device less.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the idea is that now more notifications appear on the lock screen you press the home button once to view them, then swipe the notification or press the home button again to unlock.

In theory, you unlock your device less.

Soon, we won't have to unlock it at all :)
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    treefr0g wrote: »
    I found a handy feature yesterday. You can use your phone as a magnifying glass. Handy for reading the ingredients on packaging in supermarkets.

It's in the accessibility settings.

I popped into the Apple Store in London to have a look at the iPhone. B*stards showed me this feature, presumably because I'm not as young as I was :D

Every time I use my iPad Air (1st gen) I get an iOS 10 upgrade now message blocking the screen.
    Does iOS 10 work well on the original Air? (it's a bit slow these days anyhow and crashes on any graphics' intensive website: usable mostly only with apps). How much storage space does it use up as my iPad is pretty full? The fuller Apple gadgets get, the more mad they go in my experience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I popped into the Apple Store in London to have a look at the iPhone. B*stards showed me this feature, presumably because I'm not as young as I was :D

Every time I use my iPad Air (1st gen) I get an iOS 10 upgrade now message blocking the screen.
    Does iOS 10 work well on the original Air? (it's a bit slow these days anyhow and crashes on any graphics' intensive website: usable mostly only with apps). How much storage space does it use up as my iPad is pretty full? The fuller Apple gadgets get, the more mad they go in my experience.
    iOS 10 is great on the iPad Air. You have having a lot of problems with a device which is less than 3 years old. A backup/erase/restore after installing iOS 10 would probably do it good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iOS 10 is great on the iPad Air. You have having a lot of problems with a device which is less than 3 years old. A backup/erase/restore after installing iOS 10 would probably do it good.

I totally agree. When I bought my iPad Air 2, I removed a load of stuff from my original iPad 1G (not Air) and it sprung back to life. I still use it today in the bedroom.
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    thanks! I'll trust you and do the install :D
    My iPad has been restored to factory setttings 3x now without any improvement. It's graphics-heavy websites that cause it to crash. Maybe the 1GB RAM not enough? (what do I know, but most seem to have more now).
    I use it for apps, music and gmail accounts.

Re gmail - it kept showing 1000s of phantom unread messages. (lots online about similar probs for other people, but no real solutions). I've had to turn off notifications altogether and check manually for any new email. That takes away the irritating unread emails symbol, but obviously also has its drawbacks.