PS3 not reading discs

DandemDandem Posts: 13,330
Forum Member
✭✭
So, my PS3 has started behaving quite erratically.

Basically, when I booted up my PS3 yesterday, it wouldn't read any of my discs for about 20-30 minutes. After that, it started behaving as normal, reading any disc I put in there on out.

I boot it up again this morning, and so far I haven't been able to successfully play anything. It's like the disc reader is behind the rest of the system.

Anyone know what the problem might be, and how I can fix it (ideally without spending any money)?

EDIT: I've got a game loaded now. It just seems to be a 30 minute delay on the disc reader whenever I boot the system up. It's quite bizarre.

Comments

• NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    So, my PS3 has started behaving quite erratically.

Basically, when I booted up my PS3 yesterday, it wouldn't read any of my discs for about 20-30 minutes. After that, it started behaving as normal, reading any disc I put in there on out.

I boot it up again this morning, and so far I haven't been able to successfully play anything. It's like the disc reader is behind the rest of the system.

Anyone know what the problem might be, and how I can fix it (ideally without spending any money)?

EDIT: I've got a game loaded now. It just seems to be a 30 minute delay on the disc reader whenever I boot the system up. It's quite bizarre.

Not sure I can help, but for those that can, which system do you have? Phat, Slim, Super-Slim? How much do you use it?
  • -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Could try a lens cleaner and restore system software incase it's got corrupted
  • Mrs Tesco ValueMrs Tesco Value Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    I know this might seem stupid, but it could be a simple case of your PS3 overheating. It might seem a surprising suggestion, but it's very surprising what overheating can do to things! :rolleyes: