Apps on tablets similar to phones once said Apple?

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Yet they have done this on IOS7:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=youtube_gdata&v=kdhbeTF70UM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DkdhbeTF70UM%26feature%3Dyoutube_gdata

Puzzling. They go out there way to make great tablet apps then go backwards. I worry for the direction Apple is heading.

Comments

• StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And in English now please? I don't understand the point you are making.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is he saying that someone has put iOS7 onto an iPad but at the moment it is only designed for an iPhone?

But, if this is what he means then it wasn't Apple who installed it onto an iPad and when iOS 7 does come out it will probably be capable of being installed onto an iPad without the limitations of being just suitable for an iPhone (if that reads right).

I say all this not being able to watch the video he posted.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thedrewser wrote: »
    Is he saying that someone has put iOS7 onto an iPad but at the moment it is only designed for an iPhone?

But, if this is what he means then it wasn't Apple who installed it onto an iPad and when iOS 7 does come out it will probably be capable of being installed onto an iPad without the limitations of being just suitable for an iPhone (if that reads right).

I say all this not being able to watch the video he posted.

I thought beta 2 was for ipad now though?
  • jem101jem101 Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Beta 2 is now available for iPad but I still don't get what you are saying.

Also the clue is in the work 'beta' it isn't expected to work properly or be anywhere near ready for release.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jem101 wrote: »
    Beta 2 is now available for iPad but I still don't get what you are saying.

Also the clue is in the work 'beta' it isn't expected to work properly or be anywhere near ready for release.

Some of the apps seemingly look like blown up iphone versions which Apple criticise Android for.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Some of the apps seemingly look like blown up iphone versions which Apple criticise Android for.

It's a Beta - do you even understand what that is?

Lots on it will change by the time of the full release.

Anyway - thought you were getting rid of your Apple products as you hate iOS7...seems you just wanted a moan
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    It's a Beta - do you even understand what that is?

Lots on it will change by the time of the full release.

Anyway - thought you were getting rid of your Apple products as you hate iOS7...seems you just wanted a moan

The beta release won't be much difference to the final release. I don't expect a U Turn on the new colour scheme some how.
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What apps are you referring to?
    Forum Member
    The beta release won't be much difference to the final release. I don't expect a U Turn on the new colour scheme some how.

So why keep using it when you hate it? Obviously you must like it to keep using it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    So why keep using it when you hate it? Obviously you must like it to keep using it.

No alternative tablets but there is alternative phones which are good.
    Forum Member

Plenty of alternatives
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why don't you just get an android tablet?
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member

Which apps are you referring to - I am running IOS 7 on my iPad and can check out the ones referred to. The video you linked was so horribly fuzzy I couldn't make anything out.
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tdenson wrote: »
    Which apps are you referring to - I am running IOS 7 on my iPad and can check out the ones referred to. The video you linked was so horribly fuzzy I couldn't make anything out.

Is it meant to be this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhbeTF70UM

He says there's a lack of iPad optimisation in this build, but that it's not yet known whether this will be the case in the final version or if it's a temporary bug.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Puzzling. They go out there way to make great tablet apps then go backwards. I worry for the direction Apple is heading.
    If they upgrade the iPhone 5s to match the screen resolution of the old Galaxy S3, then the iPhone will be higher res than the iPad Mini.

But surely they already look quite alike considering that the iPhone 5 and the iPad Mini(the main one that sells) are currently a reasonably similar screen resolution.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    If they upgrade the iPhone 5s to match the screen resolution of the old Galaxy S3, then the iPhone will be higher res than the iPad Mini.

But surely they already look quite alike considering that the iPhone 5 and the iPad Mini(the main one that sells) are currently a reasonably similar screen resolution.

The iPhone 5 screen has a much higher ppi than the iPad mini and looks a lot better
  • Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    The iPhone 5 screen has a much higher ppi than the iPad mini and looks a lot better

The Samsung Galaxy Ace has a higher ppi than the iPad mini :eek:

Its not tricky to look better than an iPad mini screen :p

I still dont understand what this thread is about though :confused::confused: