Options

Waterloo Road 10x20 - Final Episode Synopsis

camy934camy934 Posts: 1,821
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Credit to www.waterlooroadtv.com

Episode: Series 10 Episode 20
Airdate: Monday 9th March 2015 (8.30pm on BBC3)

The day of the consultation has arrived and it's Waterloo Road's last chance to halt the merger with Havelock High. The council and its supporters are out in force to convince the community and parents that the merger is the best outcome for everyone.

With no headmaster steering the ship, the students take matters into their own hands and they soon discover that the council is not being transparent about its real plans. Can the pupils save the school or is it really the end of Waterloo Road?

Meanwhile, Marco grows suspicious of Lorna's ex-husband, but his meddling leads to a dangerous situation for him and Kenzie. Who will come to the rescue and who will finally win Kenzie's heart - Scott or Justin?

What do people think about this?, Do you think we could see any surprise returns that have not been revealed on the cast list?

Comments

• Options
    missemmerdale22missemmerdale22 Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    camy934 wrote: »
    Credit to www.waterlooroadtv.com

Episode: Series 10 Episode 20
    Airdate: Monday 9th March 2015 (8.30pm on BBC3)

The day of the consultation has arrived and it's Waterloo Road's last chance to halt the merger with Havelock High. The council and its supporters are out in force to convince the community and parents that the merger is the best outcome for everyone.

With no headmaster steering the ship, the students take matters into their own hands and they soon discover that the council is not being transparent about its real plans. Can the pupils save the school or is it really the end of Waterloo Road?

Meanwhile, Marco grows suspicious of Lorna's ex-husband, but his meddling leads to a dangerous situation for him and Kenzie. Who will come to the rescue and who will finally win Kenzie's heart - Scott or Justin?

What do people think about this?, Do you think we could see any surprise returns that have not been revealed on the cast list?

I hope bring a few of the old cast, it will be to end on some of the old cast to see what happened after they left.
  • Options
    jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    id love it if Steph, Jack, Brett and the like arrive to help stop the clossure :) that would bring it back to its roots :)
    up to know theres been no referances to Rochdale :/
  • Options
    JordanJ7JordanJ7 Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    I was hoping that some of the cast that have appeared during Waterloo Road's 9 years on screen, would return. I've sort of given up any hope of that to avoid any disappointment if no one does show up.

RadioTimes usually gives away any cast changes (in my experiences with other TV shows I watch) in their episode synopsis' but they haven't for Waterloo Road at least:

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/dgwrfb/waterloo-road--series-10---episode-20

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see any old characters return, it's not really Waterloo Road anymore. It's firmly distanced itself from any Rochdale references as another poster mentioned, apart from when Bolton returned for that one episode.

I would've, however, liked to see them do what they did with Skins and have characters return for individual stories to see what they're up to now. Chlo and Donte, Mika & Brett. Did Davina go and find Jack? Did Jonah wait for Francesca? Just a few characters we could've caught up with.
  • Options
    Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not quite a return but according to metro

We can’t give too much away because it’s in the last episode, but listen out for the very familiar voice of a much loved character right at the end. The perfect way to say goodbye.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waterloo Road used to be one of my favourite TV shows. It was one of them shows, which never ran out of steam and you couldn't wait for the next series... It had it's original characters and the show was always kept fresh, with some new dynamic characters coming in to it.

The show has just become an utter joke and has regressed further and further, after it moved to Scotland. A truly awful decision IMO. The current cast is laughable and it's become a CBBC type of programme, as it's no longer the gritty drama it once was!:(.

I can see why it's been axed, it really is so bad these days... I do hope we get to see sole old faces though!
  • Options
    doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive pretty much given up on any returnees so I will now settle for a lot of mentioning of previous characters or some sort of montage or voices at the end.
  • Options
    jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    Waterloo Road used to be one of my favourite TV shows. It was one of them shows, which never ran out of steam and you couldn't wait for the next series... It had it's original characters and the show was always kept fresh, with some new dynamic characters coming in to it.

The show has just become an utter joke and has regressed further and further, after it moved to Scotland. A truly awful decision IMO. The current cast is laughable and it's become a CBBC type of programme, as it's no longer the gritty drama it once was!:(.

I can see why it's been axed, it really is so bad these days... I do hope we get to see sole old faces though!

Took the words right out my mouth :) what happened to the nitty gritty Storylines? like when Earl Kelly Shot Maxine dead (which was pretty shocking) now the furthist we get to gritty is that cycling lad Dale wanting to jump off the roof :/
  • Options
    tellymadmantellymadman Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    Who could the familiar voice be? Tom Clarkson? Grantly? Jack Rimmer? Steph Haydock?
  • Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See I think the "supporting" young cast are pretty strong at the moment. Lenny, Dale, Leo, Lisa, Rhiannon, Abdul, Shaz and Darren are all really interesting characters and have all proved when they've had their moment, that they can really pull it out of the bag. And the same could be said of the adult supporting cast of Sonya, Audrey, George, Christine, Olga and Maggie are all really great, it's just a shame Christine is arguably the strongest character on the show has been demoted to the supporting cast.

The issue since Vaughn took over as head is that him, his assistant heads and the lead youngsters aren't all that interesting. Twinkle was a freaking nightmare, a horrendous and frankly poor imitation of Chris Mead and the less said about his irritating wife, the better! Vaughn himself was given an awful storyline involving his make-shift family that was reminiscent of Karen Fisher but the difference between the pair as Amanda Burton made her character somewhat likeable. I feel had they not tried to do the broken home crap and instead simply concentrated on Vaughn and Olga (as they kind of have done recently), it might have been more bearable as Pooky Quesnel is a real good actress. Lorna had the potential to be good. She was a likeable character unlike her recent male predecessors and they teased us with this dark secret but in the end it just fell really flat and it was quite frankly an anti-climatic disappointment!

Then you've got Bonnie who could have been interesting and has proved so with the cyber bully story but this whole love square has really limited her character. It's done the same to Kenzie who had the potential to be a really memorable character but in the end all her stories were rushed. Scott is just a non-character. Truly awful. I honestly can't see what either girls see in him. And there is Justin who went through a massive character transplant and is now completely unrecognisable to the one we were first introduced too. Tiff who? Not that I'm complaining, I much prefer Justin of late then the snivelling little s**t he was in the first half of the series.
  • Options
    Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree about Vaughn - a shit Karen - who I loved personally. Her and jack are my joint second fave heads followed by Michael and then Vaughn. I don't count Christine really haha.
  • Options
    Rick GrimesRick Grimes Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Who could the familiar voice be? Tom Clarkson? Grantly? Jack Rimmer? Steph Haydock?

Tom Clarkson fell off the school roof and died. Two weeks later Grantly Budgeon died of kidney failure.

Thats when I gave up.
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As i said before on the other thread i hope the last 5 minutes we hear various of the popular charcters lines.

Also has anyone noticed that it finishes 9 years to the exact day it started and tomorrows final episode will be the 200th overall
  • Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also has anyone noticed that it finishes 9 years to the exact day it started and tomorrows final episode will be the 200th overall

That's actually quite special. It's a shame the BBC haven't been pushing that more. Has there even been an advert advertising it's demise?
  • Options
    JeanetteBJeanetteB Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Will be watching it with my granddaughter tonight :-)