Problem with sky+

louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The last twice I have tried to record jeremy kyle usa, on itv 2 a 07.25, it has a. displayed the record sign, but failed to do so; and b. will not even allow me to set it to record. I can record other programmes, and even JK on itv 2+1. Anyone else had this problem?
It may be the hd box, because sometimes when I have the tv guide on screen, and I manually enter a channel number, it doesn't change.
Thanks.

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll probably get a better response moving this to the Sky+ forum

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=35
  • wwwebberwwwebber Posts: 3,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wanting to record Jeremy Kyle??? :eek:
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's taking pity on you.:)
  • Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ironjade wrote: »
    It's taking pity on you.:)
    lol

Sky transmits firmware and software updates fairly frequently. Sometimes they break things. This only comes to light once customers complain. I have had other customers in the past tell me their boxes act strangely. Until Sky fix the problem in their firmware then you might just be stuck.

What you can try in the meantime is a forced firmware update. The process will take anything up to 25 minutes. So make sure nothing is scheduled to be recorded before you begin. None of your recordings will be lost.

Put your TV on the channel for watching Sky. Next, you want to be able to reach both the Sky box and the power socket at the same time. If you can't do so then get someone to help.

Next, switch off the Sky box at the wall socket. Remove your viewing card.

Now, press and hold down the backup key on the Sky box itself. Don't use the remote for this. It only works with the button on the box. Keeping the backup button pressed in, put the power on. Keep the backup button pressed in. The TV will show a screen with a Sky logo, and then after a few seconds it will change to a message saying that the firmware is being updated. Once you see this message you can release the backup button.

Once the firmware update is complete you can switch the box off and put your viewing card back in. Power up the box and check your channels.

If this doesn't work then the next stage is a planner rebuild. But you will wipe the hard drive and lose your recordings. Alternatively just work around the issue by recording from channels that do work. Make sure though that you raise this as an issue with Sky so they know the screwed up something again.
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,935
    Forum Member
    If this doesn't work then the next stage is a planner rebuild. But you will wipe the hard drive and lose your recordings.
    I planner rebuild won't wipe your recordings.
    A system reset on the other hand will, so make sure you use the right option!
    :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    And for a problem such as this I would do a planner rebuildfirst.

A problem with recording a single programme on a single channel is very, very unlikely to be a firmware problem. The planner rebuild sorts a lot of strange happenings though.

And to reiterate planner rebuild DOES NOT LOSE RECORDINGS
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    louise1966 wrote: »
    The last twice I have tried to record jeremy kyle usa, on itv 2 a 07.25, it has a. displayed the record sign, but failed to do so; and b. will not even allow me to set it to record. I can record other programmes, and even JK on itv 2+1. Anyone else had this problem?
    It may be the hd box, because sometimes when I have the tv guide on screen, and I manually enter a channel number, it doesn't change.
    Thanks.

Aparently, that's what Tivo's were designed for :D

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1805307
    wrote:
    Why does my Tivo keep recording Jeremy Kyle?