Options

The Last of Us Demo: 6PM Today

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the story ended just at about the right part. Although I would say I don't understand why you got to control a character for 30 seconds to go over a fence for it to go back to a cut-scene and the credits to then roll.

Just seemed a bit pointless to me that bit.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats the bit I meant red arrow.

Incidentally, I found the hospital quite a challenge at times. I didnt have a lot if ammo and like the idiot I am I didnt realise on your weapon select you could scroll up n down over each type of weapon. ...doh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Thats the bit I meant red arrow.

Incidentally, I found the hospital quite a challenge at times. I didnt have a lot if ammo and like the idiot I am I didnt realise on your weapon select you could scroll up n down over each type of weapon. ...doh

I actually had a ton of ammo for that section but didn't end up using much. Just ended up sneaking past most of the guards. :p
  • Options
    bob856bob856 Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    I think the story ended just at about the right part. Although I would say I don't understand why you got to control a character for 30 seconds to go over a fence for it to go back to a cut-scene and the credits to then roll.

Just seemed a bit pointless to me that bit.

I think the cut scene at the end took it from a great ending to my best ending of a video game ever. Spoiler free thread but it was all about character arcs and how they unfold from the first scene to the last. When the music starts playing and the question is asked and the lie is told and the belief or unbelief of the questioner. Ambiguous but for me it was perfect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bob856 wrote: »
    I think the cut scene at the end took it from a great ending to my best ending of a video game ever. Spoiler free thread but it was all about character arcs and how they unfold from the first scene to the last. When the music starts playing and the question is asked and the lie is told and the belief or unbelief of the questioner. Ambiguous but for me it was perfect.

Its not the cut scene I found pointless, it was the 30 seconds of game play before it.
  • Options
    bob856bob856 Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Its not the cut scene I found pointless, it was the 30 seconds of game play before it.

Well I think the directors thought that they needed the game play to establish the cut scene and what it meant. I have played the single player 4 times now but watching the final minute on youtube still sends shivers down my spine. If I had been a sales number cruncher at ND though I would have ended the game before the cut scene.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kotaku.com/joel-and-ellie-originally-had-a-puppy-companion-in-the-1231767223

Interesting article about various aspects of the game that changed over the development time, the possibility that Joel and Ellie could have kept a puppy is cool. Lol

Edit: Article contains spoilers !
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    NeppyNeppy Posts: 962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how the story DLC will play out. Ellie didn't appear to know much about bloaters or clickers, Joel and Tess had to explain what they were to her. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait. Also shows that it's a bit silly to buy a PS4 yet seeing as the PS3 still has such quality to offer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stood Joel in front of Ellie and switched on the flash light, not only did she shy away from the light but it cast a shadow on the car behind her, nice touches :)
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grrr FT.
    seen the thread title and thought we were getting a ps4 demo today only to be deflated you had resurrected an old thread.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did wonder what Flawed was referring too right enough lol I still need to start this game tho. Between this and Beyond 2 souls.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I thought we were getting a demo today too.

Even.started reading the first post saying if you bought God of War, don't forget the demo goes live.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha sorry guys :D