EE: Which family do you prefer being at the forefront?

13»

Comments

• Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I like the Beales, Brannings, Carters and Masoods. I like Ronnie out of the Mitchells but am sick of Phil and Sharon. Having said that I would like Phil and Kathy to have an affair. I also like the Fox/Truemans especially since Kim has been toned down. Rudolph is brilliant and I love Diane Parish.
  • Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why but I much prefer whenever a storyline has the Beales at the forefront of Eastenders. Part of the reason why the last while has been so enjoyable for me. The Mitchells would be my second favourite family to feature then the Brannings, then the Carters but honestly a healthy mix is for the best. It means things stay constantly interesting
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like a good mix of all of the families although at the moment I'd like a bit more of the Masoods and less of the Cottons.

And if I never saw a Moon on screen again it would be too soon.
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mitchells!

This Christmas just proved it how good the Mitchells are, there was massive hype for the Carters and their story and it turned out to be pretty average at best then immediately after on New Years Day, EE produced some of the best episodes of the year with the Car crash.

That being said, I like a mix of all the families like a lot of other people have said, I find the Foxes to be really underrated. Kim & Denise are awesome together!

To be honest, the only family I don't like ruling the show at the moment are the Carters, I find them a bit dull in day to day scenes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ryanr554 wrote: »
    The Mitchells!

This Christmas just proved it how good the Mitchells are, there was massive hype for the Carters and their story and it turned out to be pretty average at best then immediately after on New Years Day, EE produced some of the best episodes of the year with the Car crash.

That being said, I like a mix of all the families like a lot of other people have said, I find the Foxes to be really underrated. Kim & Denise are awesome together!

To be honest, the only family I don't like ruling the show at the moment are the Carters, I find them a bit dull in day to day scenes.
    I agree I hope they leave they are so boring and dull
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer when all of the cast are used equally
  • Tanz01Tanz01 Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Mitchells followed by the Beale family .
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like a good mix but would like less Carters and more Kat and Alfie, happy Kat and Alfie though and it's going to be a while until that happens thanks to 'pink precious princess' Linda!

Yep me too,
    I mean I love the Carters well more Mick and Linda but Kat and Alfie were the first ones that made me feel happy for the characters when they were happy together
    ,great times behind the bar when it was The Moons -happy Moons but even when they really struggled when Andy Hunter was black mailing them -powerful stuff imo ,I think that's why I like Mick and Lynda as he'd do anything for her too but Akfie Moon -original romantic fool hey,but I love him :D
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    I prefer when all of the cast are used equally

Has that ever happened?It always seems a hard creative struggle to get it that finely balanced as desirable as it is.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has that ever happened?It always seems a hard creative struggle to get it that finely balanced as desirable as it is.:)

It is not feasibly possible due to different types of contracts and filming schedules. There is always going to be characters that are far more vital to the show in that particular time frame than others. I just wish they didn't make it so blatantly obvious at times.

But I have to admit EastEnders are currently a lot better at utilizing a large portion of their cast than Coronation Street.
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DODS11 wrote: »
    Depends on the storyline really.

The Carters, for example were a breath of fresh air when they arrived and I looked forward to seeing them each episode. This 'Did Mick Kill Dean' story, perhaps too soon after Lucy's killer reveal, is dull and I think it's dragging the show's momentum down. I know Mick didn't kill Dean. It feels almost an insult to the carefully plotted rape storyline. There's a perfectly good story with Dean getting let off and Linda and family living with the consequences that doesn't need to resort to the melodrama of this apparent "murder".

Completely agree about this storyline line as I actually thought Mick had killed Dean so hearing he hasn't must mean Dean comes back again to taunt Linda and it's as if the rape has been not dealt with properly having Dean like this if he is coming back,

how does Linda ever get closure or believed by Shirley as Dean obviously has got awy with it? :(
  • sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    The show is better when the Mitchells and the Beales are at the forefront.

This!

They are two classic soap families!:)
    I also like the Brannings, but they're not I'm the same class the mighty Mitchell's and Beals.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    It is not feasibly possible due to different types of contracts and filming schedules. There is always going to be characters that are far more vital to the show in that particular time frame than others.

I wish they just didn't make it so blatantly obvious at times.

Agreed.Things are always likely to be slightly uneven but when its grossly imbalanced and is obvious to boot then it harms the shows equillibrum.

EPs need to try and absorb the fact that they can destroy or harm their favourites popularity through overuse.
  • Kevin_McGrathKevin_McGrath Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they wrote out Phil and Sharon I'd prefer the Mitchell's. I prefer the Carters. But the family I'd like to see more of are the Masood's.

But the interaction between families, and the other characters that's what Eastenders is about.

Less reliance on big plots would be better, but I imagine that would be too much to hope for.
  • aldo-1aldo-1 Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just be greatful we don't have the Nazirs, the worst family on a soap since the Ferrieras.
  • blue_angelblue_angel Posts: 3,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel that the families are a little less 'defined' than they were at point last year, which you always get when a few people leave & it reduces the size of a family.

There isn't a family in the show that I dislike or don't enjoy watching, but I 'd have to say The Carters are the ones I least prefer being at the forefront.

I think the Mitchell's and the Beales are two strong families at the moment, and always brilliant to watch. The Masoods, Foxs and Slater/Moons can always impress in big storylines, although these are smaller family units.

I'd quite like to see Carol and Max become closer, as their clans have disintegrated a little recently. Max seems to be a lone wanderer., but that actually suits his character.
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    The Mitchells. They are a strong unit now. Phil and Sharon are the heads of the Mitchells. We also have Ronnie, Roxy, Ben, Jay, Lola, Billy, etc.

I love the Beales and despite Peter's exit, they're not doomed. We have Ian, Jane, Cindy and Bobby. Soon we will have Kathy back in the fold and I believe she will the matriarch of the Beales.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Brannings although this will be more difficult now