Are Collabro the "chosen" ones

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to break it to you, but the public vote for the winner, not Cowell and his team.

That's a fact that would be beyond the `Facebook Experts` comprehension. :(
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't personally think Collabro will win because they don't need to. It would end up being Jai McDonald all over again. They'll likely finish in the top 3 and follow the tradition of other "losers" and go on to have a pretty successful recording career.

This theyll finish top 3 but not win
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is strange that the voters always prefer the act which goes last:p:p:p
  • VioletSummersVioletSummers Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    They can sing, but as someone who loves their type of music, I don't think they're that good...yet. Their sound isn't rich enough, there is no connection with the lyrics they're singing and there was no sense that these boys were a group. It was like watching five solo performers who'd been told to perform together. I was underwhelmed by them.

Exactly what I think. Stars and Bring Him Home are very emotional songs. They were singing by numbers and the song lost all the emotion.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member
    Yes, but the show blatantly pushes for who they want you to vote for...

Lucky i'm intelligent enough to make my own decision.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    So tell us what type of act, in your opinion deserves to win please.

Something like the Ukrainian light dance act. I loved Attraction last year because they weren't the usual Saturday night entertainment show fare.

Perhaps it's because I'd rather drink boiled piss than listen to musical theatre, but hey, different strokes for different folks. They'd be quite a bland, safe winner though (in my opinion, of course, although you shouldn't need that pointing out to you)
  • EmolgaEmolga Posts: 47,272
    Forum Member
    I might be in the minority here but I found Collabro extremely dull :( they seem like nice enough lads yeah but their act as a whole is just so boring. I didn't actually see their audition, just their performance from last night so I guess I'm judging them a little too quickly. Is their audition worth a shot if I already find them dull, dull, dull?

I thought they were boring too.
  • Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Personally I think brat boy with guitar from last night is the chosen one and will win.

There are more kiddies with disposable income who like disposable plop than classical singing and the practise required to do it.

Brat boy is also Simon's wet dream come true.
  • SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Collabro have a high chance of winning as they have already been hyped up, and highly rated, also, for this year, there no acts that are really outstanding, imo, unlike last year with Attraction.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Personally I think brat boy with guitar from last night is the chosen one and will win.

There are more kiddies with disposable income who like disposable plop than classical singing and the practise required to do it.

Brat boy is also Simon's wet dream come true.

I think he will be top 3 (not because of talent but the Essex/girl/kiddie vote), he is a clone of the Belfast singer with guitar from last year, (there is always one)
  • _Zd_Phoenix__Zd_Phoenix_ Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    People aren't brainwashed into voting for these things. You can be as favoured as you like and it won't necessarily make people like you. But usually it's not hard to guess who people will like.
    Exactly what I think. Stars and Bring Him Home are very emotional songs. They were singing by numbers and the song lost all the emotion.
    Not for me . . . I was blown away by it. I've never really liked Bring Him Home (or Les Mis - sorry), but wow, loved that.
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Why are people dismissing them and likening them to a the talent vacuum that is One Direction?

For me it's just so formulaic and so very very tired. A group of lads get together... backstory backstory backstory... and then they sing The Impossible Dream, which sets the audience alight with tears in every eye.

They didn't sing Womanizer or something different - oh no - it's acts from the Robson & Jerome School of Hackneyed Singing (designed to appeal to just the right sort of voting public).

Same happened last year with the winners, Attraction, doing that outrageous lip service to the UK (only a bit more subtle).

I'm sure they're lovely lads, but I've seen it all before - time and time AND TIME again.
    Forum Member
    Karis wrote: »
    For me it's just so formulaic and so very very tired. A group of lads get together... backstory backstory backstory... and then they sing The Impossible Dream, which sets the audience alight with tears in every eye.

They didn't sing Womanizer or something different - oh no - it's acts from the Robson & Jerome School of Hackneyed Singing (designed to appeal to just the right sort of voting public).

Same happened last year with the winners, Attraction, doing that outrageous lip service to the UK (only a bit more subtle).

I'm sure they're lovely lads, but I've seen it all before - time and time AND TIME again.

So classical singers sing some classical songs - What else are they supposed to do? That IS what they do! They ain't about to do Madonna's greatest hits are they?
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are people dismissing them and likening them to a the talent vacuum that is One Direction?

Has everyone missed that major fact that these lads can actually sing and do have real talent. So typical of the facebook generation to dumb everything down to "Iz day better dan One Direction"

You don't even have to like their type of music, in fact you can hate it, but to not actually get and understand that these are very talented lads and have got to where they are by being very talented lads. Praise them for that!

Last night the general public, not the judges, voted them as the best last night because they were. And that is doesn't matter if you like their type of music or not. They are young very likable and very talented and the best act on last night.

The public have spoken regardless of the shows politics.

Excellent post. I totally agree.
    Forum Member
    So classical singers sing some classical songs - What else are they supposed to do? That IS what they do! They ain't about to do Madonna's greatest hits are they?

It would be a HELL of a LOT less hackneyed if they did!

Seriously. Talk about winning BGT by numbers.

Edit: I don't have to worry. Bass and Melody will win anyway. Their story is more than enough to supercharge them to the victory spot.
    Forum Member
    It would be a HELL of a LOT less hackneyed if they did!

Seriously. Talk about winning BGT by numbers.

No that's just being silly for the sake of being silly.

It sounds like a young person's comment where they change their flavours every 5 seconds and think that anyone doing the same thing for more than 30 seconds is old and boring.

Frank Sinatra didn't feel the need to experiment with Glam Rock in the 70s and of course many all time legends have made their status by doing what they are good at all of their lives.

All this change for the sake of it is typical of the young generation and their attention span. They even have the mash-up so that they don't have to have more than 10 seconds of any tune and so save them from boredom.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    They can sing, but as someone who loves their type of music, I don't think they're that good...yet. Their sound isn't rich enough, there is no connection with the lyrics they're singing and there was no sense that these boys were a group. It was like watching five solo performers who'd been told to perform together. I was underwhelmed by them.

Each to their own - I thought they were fabulous !
    Forum Member
    No that's just being silly for the sake of being silly.

Actually, I think it's pretty astute in a competition which is pretty easy to break down to its shallowest components.

Personally, they're tired, and absolutely by the numbers. As soon as anyone bursts out The Impossible Dream you know they're fishing for votes.

They might as well sing You'll Never Walk Alone and get 99% of the Liverpool vote.

Or have they done that already? :P
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,648
    Forum Member
    Yes, but the show blatantly pushes for who they want you to vote for...
    With a distinct lack of subtlety. Still, they don't always get what they want. Remember when Susan Boyle won? No? Me neither, because the public preferred Diversity.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    I'm still pretty sure they will get pimp slot in the final also
  • rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, I think it's pretty astute in a competition which is pretty easy to break down to its shallowest components.

Personally, they're tired, and absolutely by the numbers. As soon as anyone bursts out The Impossible Dream you know they're fishing for votes.

They might as well sing You'll Never Walk Alone and get 99% of the Liverpool vote.

Or have they done that already? :P

Maybe I'm missing something, but when did they sing The Impossible Dream? They sang Stars at their audition and then Bring Him Home for the semis....
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They could have chosen something slightly more original. I like Les Mis, but it would be nice to hear something from another musical for a change.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    rachymac wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something, but when did they sing The Impossible Dream? They sang Stars at their audition and then Bring Him Home for the semis....

Keen to know what they'll sing in the final. I loved the songs they've sung thus far (especially Stars - it's my favourite Les Mis number). I wonder if it'll be something from Phantom or ......................what I'd really love is 'Tell Me it's Not True' - Blood Brothers.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keen to know what they'll sing in the final. I loved the songs they've sung thus far (especially Stars - it's my favourite Les Mis number). I wonder if it'll be something from Phantom or ......................what I'd really love is 'Tell Me it's Not True' - Blood Brothers.

Phantom's another musical that's been done to death on TV talent shows.

Tell Me It's Not True would be good.

They don't actually need to sing a musical theatre song. Something like Madonna's Like A Prayer would work or Kiss From A Rose by Seal - which actually has been done in the kind of style and arrangement a group like Collabro would do:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CDcXm7e8v0

Or Rule The World by Take That:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KII1ruAfvsg

Or going back to musicals, Falling Slowly from the musical Once :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW8h7vKtxqw
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    rachymac wrote: »

I think someone is getting mixed up with last year. Richard and Adam sang The Impossible Dream as did Rhydian a few years back....oh and loads of others...:):)