Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 62)

Comments

• Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    There was no need to cover a show like this on Gogglebox. It's not why 3 million are tuning in, frankly.

If it wasn't a C4 show would it have been featured? Probably not I'd guess.
    Agreed. If C4 want to draw more attention to issues covered in Unreported World, don't schedule it against Coronation St!
  • Options
    Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    20:35 - Doctor Who: 5.08m (22.1%)
    Hooray. Hope is stays over 5m with the tape-checking adjustments to come.
    Good for Doctor Who really liked last night, maybe Frank Skinner and Foxes have big fan bases.
    no

wouldn't say the only minimal increase indicates that there was any factor greater than a slightly earlier sunset tbh
    AlexiR wrote: »
    Those are some incredibly depressing figures either side of The X Factor especially when compared to the 4-5 million figures the BBC is posting either side of Strictly. ITV really should be doing better in these slots.
    Agree with this, wasn't Through The Keyhole being talked up as the saviour of ITV's Saturday nights this time last year? It's dropped back into utter irrelevancy now.
    Just caught up with last nights DW and you guys were right, it was bloody fantastic.
    Glad you enjoyed :)
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    James J wrote: »
    The repeats of X Factor on ITV and ITV2 since last night's show should push tonight's results show up. Don't think the slot difference will harm it.

I think I agree with this. If they were moving it 15 minutes earlier it would be a different story.
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best DW of the series imo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    There is actually a conspiracy theory doing the rounds that Itv will air Birds Of A Feather on Christmas Day. Here is why this theory has materialised:

Insider information from Itv says that there will be a Christmas SPECIAL: http://www.itvmedia.co.uk/355957

Birds of a Feather Christmas Special

Man-eating Dorien, and comical sisters Tracey and Sharon are reunited after 15 years for this brand new hilarious series.

The show follows two sisters, Linda Robson and Pauline Quirke, and their man-eating neighbour, Lesley Joseph, as they share a home in the posh Essex town of Chigwell after their husbands are sent to prison.

The show was first launched 24 years ago and is now being revived and has been written by the original creators Laurence Marks and Maurice Gran.

---
    Itv are trying to attack the BBC's programming this Chrismas Day, putting this spanner into the works.
    Wasn't Feather down to 5m overnights by the end of the 2014 series? Can't see it doing any better than that on Christmas Night unless BBC One slips an untried one-off drama into the Xmas Night schedule.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't Feather down to 5m overnights by the end of the 2014 series? Can't see it doing any better than that on Christmas Night unless BBC One slips an untried one-off drama into the Xmas Night schedule.

Yes it was, but that was the episode ITV left on its own from the rest of the series. In any case MBB and Miranda both were down to around 6.5m by their end of series episodes I think? So both down on the heights of Christmas episodes.

If schedule correctly against like EE, BOAF could do a solid 5-6m.
  • Options
    Jules 1Jules 1 Posts: 2,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Best DW of the series imo

Totally agree.
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting to see that you all hated Donny Osmond on Strictly. I thought he was lovely and it made a nice change to have someone who had actually won the show on the panel to empathise with the contestants.

Rather baffled by the comments about him on here.

But I guess I fall into that demographic of a 'woman of a certain age' you keep referring to...and even more scarily one of Samuel's fabled OAPs if 62 counts as one of these. :)
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    I wonder whether DW would have done better before SCD or not? I mean overnights were not much better when it was shown earlier were they?
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    OK, lets get a little perspective here, Strictly had a very good rating and over a million ahead of X Factor (and completely whacked it in the clash) so its not the doom and gloom some people are saying although the beeb should be watching in case it declines any more. XF is doing OK, but just OK for ITVs flagship winter show is worrying, 7.7 Million for the first live show of the series is poor, it needs to be doing better than that as ITV threw money at it to get Cheryl/Simon/Mel and the production was obviously very high last night. The more worrying thing is its two flagship winter productions are fading, Downton is shedding viewers faster than rats leaving the titanic, and XF although solid is not the behemoth they wanted to resurrect. They really, really need to start trying to find a replacement
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Interesting to see that you all hated Donny Osmond on Strictly. I thought he was lovely and it made a nice change to have someone who had actually won the show on the panel to empathise with the contestants.

Rather baffled by the comments about him on here.

But I guess I fall into that demographic of a 'woman of a certain age' you keep referring to...and even more scarily one of Samuel's fabled OAPs if 62 counts as one of these. :)

Though I do suspect that many of the posters may have been younger and not necessarily representative of the whole SCD audience - or they just dont like The Osmonds.
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,630
    Forum Member
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    I wonder whether DW would have done better before SCD or not? I mean overnights were not much better when it was shown earlier were they?

Around the same if not better I would think. Its now very late into the evening before its airing for any young children to terrify
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Though I do suspect that many of the posters may have been younger and not necessarily representative of the whole SCD audience - or they just dont like The Osmonds.

Probably very true. Though OAPs are fairly media savvy these days.

I reckon 62 is the new 42 and it sometimes feels like 32 is the new schoolkid. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zac Quinn wrote: »
    James Jordan reckons it was part of the production team's continuing mission to make SCD as similar to Dancing With The Stars as possible, although it has backfired somewhat if the DS reaction is reflected in the real world.
    He doesn't seem to creating the impression of being someone who's coping terribly well with not being on the show this series. If he rants too much, it wouldn't surprise me if his wife isn't invited back for the next series.

I wonder if he now suspects if he'd taken the downgraded role in this year's series, it might have been coupled with a role in People's Strictly next year. Maybe he's missed out twice!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    They really, really need to start trying to find a replacement

They had a potential replacement all ready to go and then axed it before a single episode had gone out..
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,630
    Forum Member
    Probably very true. Though OAPs are fairly media savvy these days.

I reckon 62 is the new 42 and it sometimes feels like 32 is the new schoolkid. :)

I don't remember the Osmonds but "Strictly Come Dancing" didnt really require anyone else to judge as the show is pretty long as it is in running time. 62 is hardly old these days, you wanna see the ones that are too embarrassed to come in wanting their bus pass at work!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    The main issue for XF this year is the Sunday anomaly although this appears to be gradually correcting itself. Hopefully that continues this week with a 9m figure.
    I'm a bit behind, so someone's probably already mentioned this, but it should be well up on last Sunday because of people tuning in for Abbey at 9pm, then realising they have fifteen minutes to wait!
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The point is starting SCD early is hurting it more than the clash.

You say the clash stumped SCD's growth by 0.5 million.

I say starting SCD at 6:30 pm stumped it by 2 million.

I expect SCD to be swapped with Dr Who in the very near future.
    And yet, with the same number of couples, last year the start times were::

Week 2 - 18:20
    Week 3 - 18:30
    Week 4 - 18:30
    Week 5 - 18:30
    Week 6 - 18:30
    Week 7 - 18:30
    Week 8 - 18:30
    Week 9 - 18:30
    Week 10 - 19:00 (7 couples)
    Week 11 - 17:10
    Week 12 - 18:40

I don't recall anyone saying that the very common 18:30 start time then was harming SCD. In fact, Series 10 had similar 18:30 starts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006m8dq/episodes/guide
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He doesn't seem to creating the impression of being someone who's coping terribly well with not being on the show this series. If he rants too much, it wouldn't surprise me if his wife isn't invited back for the next series.
    Except that now the series has started, people on the SCD forum have been remarking on how his twitter comments (relating to the dances & contestants) throughout the show have been fair and honest
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Except that now the series has started, people on the SCD forum have been remarking on how his twitter comments (relating to the dances & contestants) throughout the show have been fair and honest

Indeed. He called up Donny Osmond's ridiculous 10 for what it was last night, but was complimentary about all the dances which merited it.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SCD could have a different judge every week to flesh things up but don't put the extra judge score in the main scores of the show.
  • Options
    Roscoe BarnesRoscoe Barnes Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    That's a little bit better than I was expecting for XF. 7.7m isn't bad - especially considering their recent Saturday ratings for this series. It was a good show too which should hopefully keep people interested.

Strictly down quite heavily y-o-y but apparently it hit its internal target. ;-) I wonder what the reactions will be when IAC is down y-o-y. No doubt it will be written off with daily updates about how the show is dead etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Look at the breakdown:

Time ………. BBC1 ……………… ITV ……………… BBC2 ……………… CH4 ……………… CH5
    18:00 ….. 4.5 (28.2%) ….. 1.6 ( 9.8%) ….. 0.6 ( 3.6%) ….. 0.9 ( 5.7%) ….. 0.6 ( 3.8%)
    18:15 ….. 5.1 (30.4%) ….. 1.8 (10.6%) ….. 0.7 ( 3.9%) ….. 0.8 ( 5.0%) ….. 0.7 ( 3.9%)
    18:30 ….. 7.0 (36.7%) ….. 2.2 (11.6%) ….. 0.6 ( 3.3%) ….. 0.7 ( 3.8%) ….. 0.7 ( 3.4%)
    18:45 ….. 8.0 (40.1%) ….. 2.7 (13.4%) ….. 0.8 ( 3.8%) ….. 0.3 ( 1.7%) ….. 0.7 ( 3.3%)
    19:00 ….. 8.6 (42.4%) ….. 3.3 (16.4%) ….. 0.7 ( 3.3%) ….. 0.3 ( 1.3%) ….. 0.5 ( 2.4%)
    19:15 ….. 9.2 (43.7%) ….. 3.5 (16.9%) ….. 0.7 ( 3.3%) ….. 0.3 ( 1.3%) ….. 0.4 ( 2.1%)
    19:30 ….. 9.1 (38.6%) ….. 6.4 (27.3%) ….. 0.5 ( 2.2%) ….. 0.2 ( 1.1%) ….. 0.5 ( 2.0%)
    19:45 ….. 9.2 (39.5%) ….. 6.3 (26.8%) ….. 0.5 ( 2.0%) ….. 0.2 ( 1.0%) ….. 0.5 ( 2.0%)
    20:00 ….. 9.0 (37.3%) ….. 7.5 (30.9%) ….. 0.6 ( 2.4%) ….. 0.4 ( 1.6%) ….. 0.4 ( 1.8%)
    20:15 ….. 9.1 (37.3%) ….. 7.5 (30.8%) ….. 0.6 ( 2.6%) ….. 0.5 ( 2.2%) ….. 0.6 ( 2.3%)
    20:30 ….. 6.5 (27.6%) ….. 8.4 (35.6%) ….. 1.4 ( 5.7%) ….. 0.7 ( 3.1%) ….. 0.6 ( 2.5%)
    20:45 ….. 4.9 (21.3%) ….. 8.5 (36.6%) ….. 1.7 ( 7.4%) ….. 0.9 ( 3.8%) ….. 0.6 ( 2.7%)
    21:00 ….. 4.9 (21.6%) ….. 8.4 (36.9%) ….. 0.8 ( 3.6%) ….. 0.7 ( 3.0%) ….. 0.7 ( 3.3%)
    21:15 ….. 4.3 (19.2%) ….. 8.1 (36.3%) ….. 0.9 ( 3.9%) ….. 0.7 ( 3.2%) ….. 0.8 ( 3.6%)
    21:30 ….. 3.5 (16.1%) ….. 7.9 (35.6%) ….. 1.0 ( 4.5%) ….. 1.0 ( 4.5%) ….. 0.9 ( 3.9%)
    21:45 ….. 4.1 (18.9%) ….. 7.7 (35.7%) ….. 0.5 ( 2.3%) ….. 0.9 ( 4.1%) ….. 0.9 ( 4.1%)

SCD had 9.2million between 19.15-19.30 but then once XF started, it didnt go above 9.2m for any quarter. With the way SCD was building, SCD would've rated around 10m just before 8pm if XF started at its usual post-8pm timeslot. #

XF did poor between 7.30-8pm, absolutely battered by SCD by about 3m viewers! Its audience started to tail off from 9.15pm onwards when total tv audiences start decreasing, so that doesnt bode well for next Saturday when it airs all the way till 10.20pm. Looking at that breakdown, next Saturday it could be averaging only 7.4m inc +1 between 10-10.15pm.
    Interesting to see the splits. Next week's Factor is starting twenty minutes later than originally planned, so I suspect ITV saw last Saturday's overlap figures and decided to shuffle it back to an 8pm start for next Saturday.

And looking at last night's figures, they're probably right to shuffle it back to 8pm.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think YBF should be moved permanently to ITV 2. It's just not strong enough for the main channel now and some of the clips are over 20 years old. Recent ratings have been below 2 million and the whole thing is cheap and tired.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James J wrote: »
    According to your schedules? :D Not according to RadioTimes.

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/c6s5pb/the-x-factor--series-11---episode-16
    RT has the wrong schedule. They're using the one published a day before the final schedule.
This discussion has been closed.