Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 22)

Comments

• Hibs-kid-2007Hibs-kid-2007 Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    Folk kind of criticising Strachan, I think they have a screw loose.

Fantastic away point against a side who had just beat the World Champions. Plus we played some good attacking football. How often can you say that about our national team.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they lose to Ireland in the next game then qualification is dead. For once it isn't our poor manager or defence or weak strikers that are letting us down but Germany.
  • bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a wee note to mention the table is skewed atm against Germany and Scotland - if you award the full 6 points to Germany and Scotland that they'll take from Gibraltar and award the remaining 3 points to Ireland and Poland for their remaining Gibraltar then all 4 teams will be on 10 points each albeit Poland and Ireland having a game in hand.

Almost squeaky bum time already.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,810
    Forum Member
    If they lose to Ireland in the next game then qualification is dead. For once it isn't our poor manager or defence or weak strikers that are letting us down but Germany.

Don't forget 3rd is good enough for a play-off place and the Scots should get something at home to the Poles whilst Germany aren't on form so might not fancy as trip to Scotland as much.

Might come down to GD.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done to Glasgow city ladies for reaching the last 16 of the champions league, overturning a two goal first leg deficit:)
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to Glasgow city ladies for reaching the last 16 of the champions league, overturning a two goal first leg deficit:)

oh fantastic news :D
  • detroitcitydetroitcity Posts: 4,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's nothing. Celtic overturned a 3 goal first leg deficit. ;-)
  • croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's nothing. Celtic overturned a 3 goal first leg deficit. ;-)

Yes but they have a far bigger ladies squad ...
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..... Well done " The pride of the shire " :)
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good score for Hamilton tonight. They really have surprised me this season.
  • croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good score for Hamilton tonight. They really have surprised me this season.

Great for Hamilton and as a Rangers fans you might think any chance to get one up on the old enemy but when I see Hamilton have the lowest attendance of any table topper in Europen football and their rise to "fame" has seem then attract the square rout of zilch to their plight ...

Truth be told if Hamilton stay in the position they are it will be the ultimate butt**** to Scotish football and it's rulers ... but then again when you rush to sink one of your major players I suppose you deserve the consequences when your next best has a season off ...

game on and I still think Celtic will win the league by at least 15 points ...
  • Hibs-kid-2007Hibs-kid-2007 Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    Fantastic for Hamilton. To think they got to this level by beating us on penalties in a play off.
  • TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crofter wrote: »
    Great for Hamilton and as a Rangers fans you might think any chance to get one up on the old enemy but when I see Hamilton have the lowest attendance of any table topper in Europen football and their rise to "fame" has seem then attract the square rout of zilch to their plight ...

Truth be told if Hamilton stay in the position they are it will be the ultimate butt**** to Scotish football and it's rulers ... but then again when you rush to sink one of your major players I suppose you deserve the consequences when your next best has a season off ...game on and I still think Celtic will win the league by at least 15 points ...

:D

Rangers are a distant 'next best' in the Championship!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dundee United confirm they have commenced an internal investigation into the conduct of two of it's players following information received by the club.

It may just be a huge coincidence that this is taking place days after a violent assault on Celtic's Zaluska.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    Dundee United confirm they have commenced an internal investigation into the conduct of two of it's players following information received by the club.

It may just be a huge coincidence that this is taking place days after a violent assault on Celtic's Zaluska.

Concerning is the best way to describe this
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Wilson and Paul Paton are the two players under the DU investigation - so might be indirectly linked to Zaluska.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Wilson and Paul Paton are the two players under the DU investigation - so might be indirectly linked to Zaluska.

If that's the pair then they're obviously getting their 'baws chewed' for going out on the lash on a Sunday rather than 'doing someone in'.
    I think most would agree that it's unlikely Mark Wilson would be involved in anything like the Zaluska incident.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TommyNooka wrote: »
    If that's the pair then they're obviously getting their 'baws chewed' for going out on the lash on a Sunday rather than 'doing someone in'.
    I think most would agree that it's unlikely Mark Wilson would be involved in anything like the Zaluska incident.
    The police investigation is still ongoing, so that could lead to charges brought.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume there is a reason for the officials behind the goal because they're clearly not watching the game.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assume there is a reason for the officials behind the goal because they're clearly not watching the game.

Hard work you are making of this but a win is a win
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Hard work you are making of this but a win is a win

7 points from 9 - win away against Astra and that will leave Dinamo Zagreb needing to beat Salzburg to stop us securing 2nd place with 2 games to spare.

And that is without playing anything more than the decent odd 10 minute spell in games.
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the decent odd 10 minute spell in games.

& are you a happy clapper about that ? :confused:

Cos I'll tell you I aint........ we should have been pumped on chances in that game, & 4 that 2.5mil player wot a joke he is ! >:(>:(

Sundays game is 2 for the price of 1, £26 , its the poor season ticket punters I feel sorry for, just tae get bums on seats !! >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    & are you a happy clapper about that ? :confused:

Cos I'll tell you I aint........ we should have been pumped on chances in that game, & 4 that 2.5mil player wot a joke he is ! >:(>:(

Sundays game is 2 for the price of 1, £26 , its the poor season ticket punters I feel sorry for, just tae get bums on seats !! >:(

That's a bit hyperbolic. We gave them far too many chances but we definitely had more, it's just you tend to remember the chances that go against you as they give you a wee 'fright'.
    A lot of reactionary Tic fans this morning who forget/don't know this team papped out Lyon to qualify (beating them 2-1 in France), they're not the mugs some think they are.
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TommyNooka wrote: »
    That's a bit hyperbolic. We gave them far too many chances but we definitely had more, it's just you tend to remember the chances that go against you as they give you a wee 'fright'.
    A lot of reactionary Tic fans this morning who forget/don't know this team papped out Lyon to qualify (beating them 2-1 in France), they're not the mugs some think they are.

I think that some fans would rather we got beat so it would give them something to complain about.

We've got 7 points out of 9 and as such a decent chance of qualifying for the knock out stages. We need to remember that.
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crofter wrote: »

Truth be told if Hamilton stay in the position they are it will be the ultimate butt**** to Scotish football and it's rulers ... but then again when you rush to sink one of your major players I suppose you deserve the consequences when your next best has a season off ...

game on and I still think Celtic will win the league by at least 15 points ...

A high audience doesn't make a good team.