• Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eefansince01 is definitely taking the piss. lol
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,955
    Forum Member
    i dont for a second think phil cant love sharon in the future. he can. you can love two people.

i think its obvious why shirley is living on the sidelined. that she just pops up randomly and isnt being included in big s/ls. shes making these random digs to sharon & lola about phil which he knows of. its better that they do it this way. sharon did use to be a big love for phil. he wants that back. doesnt mean he will get it back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil has always loved Sharon, there's no denying that. He does and always probably will.

As for Sharon's feelings for Phil, they remain to be seen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    why would phil want that mutton Sharon when he has a nice lamb in Shirley? its beggars belief. maybe he is still on crack off-screen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why would phil want that mutton Sharon when he has a nice lamb in Shirley? its beggars belief. maybe he is still on crack off-screen.

:D Lol, good one. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Just VogueJust Vogue Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is this a joke? :confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i dont for a second think phil cant love sharon in the future. he can. you can love two people.

i think its obvious why shirley is living on the sidelined. that she just pops up randomly and isnt being included in big s/ls. shes making these random digs to sharon & lola about phil which he knows of. its better that they do it this way. sharon did use to be a big love for phil. he wants that back. doesnt mean he will get it back.

Shirley's being used in a very weird way. They are trying to slot her into the Lexi/Lola/Phil/Sharon storyline but she doesn't quite fit. I don't think they are trying to suggest that Phil loves Shirley, they just don't know what to do with her.

Though I have to admit that I'm liking the set up at the B&B with Shirley/Kim/Denise. That's the only thing about her return which has actually worked.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me2e1dCXzG1qjkp3bo1_500.jpg
    this was me when phil and shirley broke up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Phil has always loved Sharon, there's no denying that. He does and always probably will.

As for Sharon's feelings for Phil, they remain to be seen.

i think he moved onto kate and fell in love with her. his love for sharon has died somewhat over the years. he said to her once that she had no right to judge as she walked out of his life years ago. i thought sharon was meant to make phil into a nicer person. well to me he is being horrible to lola. he hasnt moved heaven and earth for sharon since she came back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just Vogue wrote: »
    Shirley's being used in a very weird way. They are trying to slot her into the Lexi/Lola/Phil/Sharon storyline but she doesn't quite fit. I don't think they are trying to suggest that Phil loves Shirley, they just don't know what to do with her.

Though I have to admit that I'm liking the set up at the B&B with Shirley/Kim/Denise. That's the only thing about her return which has actually worked.

so she shouldnt be included in the storyline at all. they should have at least had phil speak to shirley in a friendly way to show he really had moved on. she was in the background of most of his scenes on monday in the pub
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so she shouldnt be included in the storyline at all. they should have at least had phil speak to shirley in a friendly way to show he really had moved on. she was in the background of most of his scenes on monday in the pub

But why would he speak to her in a friendly way? They aren't friends. She returned and straight away attempted to ensure Phil didn't get Lexi. She then tried to convince Sharon that Phil was bad, told her about the crack addiction etc.

I'm not sure what you are getting at when you mention her being in the back of the scene in the pub on NYE... Shirley likes her alcohol so it's not uncommon for her to be there. The Masoods wasn't enough for her, she didn't know that there would be alcohol so stole the food and ran.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just Vogue wrote: »
    But why would he speak to her in a friendly way? They aren't friends. She returned and straight away attempted to ensure Phil didn't get Lexi. She then tried to convince Sharon that Phil was bad, told her about the crack addiction etc.

I'm not sure what you are getting at when you mention her being in the back of the scene in the pub on NYE... Shirley likes her alcohol so it's not uncommon for her to be there. The Masoods wasn't enough for her, she didn't know that there would be alcohol so stole the food and ran.

in he exact same spot as he was ? no way would they not do that on purpose. she should've stayed at the masoods where she had characters to interact with. she wasnt talking at all in the pub. the camera was on her very weirdly aswell.
    showing us she was there and phil was near her. why would he stand anywhere near her ? surely he knew she was there?

i also thought his outburst to jack was very weird. it came out of nowhere
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you call dried shrivelled 50-year old sheep 'nice lamb' then sure. Otherwise cool story. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think he moved onto kate and fell in love with her. his love for sharon has died somewhat over the years. he said to her once that she had no right to judge as she walked out of his life years ago. i thought sharon was meant to make phil into a nicer person. well to me he is being horrible to lola. he hasnt moved heaven and earth for sharon since she came back.

Yes, he did love Kate. But what's she got to do with it? Doesn't mean he doesn't love Sharon.

Let's not forget Phil was created FOR Sharon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Yes, he did love Kate. But what's she got to do with it? Doesn't mean he doesn't love Sharon.

Let's not forget Phil was created FOR Sharon.

and clearly sharon is being used as a plot device for phils storyline this time round. they are dumbing her down a lot and making shirley the smarter one. things change & feelings change. doesnt mean he wont end up with sharon just that they are making them more complex so they can be interesitng and not boring. remember peggy isnt around anymore so they need something sustainable to work on

exactly. so why is it impossible that he couldnt love sharon and shirley at the same time?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i find it far more interesting than a boring old love plot with phil/sharon. why did they split them up way back in 2002 if they were ever so popular? they got him with kate when sharon was around. its very possible they have set it up like this. phil/sharon could have everything they ever wanted. a home a family together. its not so straight forward though as phil being truly happy. certainly not the way theyre playing it now with him stealing lexi. it makes sense for the same to be said about sharon.
  • Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you on crack?:D

What have you got against Sharon?
  • Options
    IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in he exact same spot as he was ? no way would they not do that on purpose. she should've stayed at the masoods where she had characters to interact with. she wasnt talking at all in the pub. the camera was on her very weirdly aswell.
    showing us she was there and phil was near her. why would he stand anywhere near her ? surely he knew she was there?

i also thought his outburst to jack was very weird. it came out of nowhere

If they want it to be noticed that she's in the background they would do close up shots of her, or focus in more. I didn't even see her.

I do know think its pathetic that you refuse to reason or even accept others opinions though. It's unfair, and tiresome, that you now can't even post a thread about Shirley without you jumping in and making it about who Phil loves.
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    bass55 wrote: »
    Sharon second best to Shirey? Don't make me laugh :rolleyes:

Sharon knows Phil probably better than anyone else, apart from Grant. Shirley thinks she knows Phil, but she's known him all of five minutes compared to how far back Phil and Sharon go.

Don't forget, it was Shirley who plied Phil with alcohol (knowing he was an alcoholic) basically so he would sleep with her. She fed his addiction; that's not love. And if Phil has to get plastered to even consider sleeping with Shirley, I think that says it all really. Shirley isn't even Phil's type; just look at all the other women he has been involved with - Kathy, Sharon, Lisa, Kate. Phil likes women with a bit of class, and Shirley is anything but classy.

Sharon is Phil's true love. Always has been, always will be.

This. Sharon is the love of both Mitchell brothers life and their curse.
    They are obsessed with Mitchell children and she is the only woman both asked to have their babies. All the rest were unplanned if nothing else in characters like them it speaks volumes.
    And Phil was prepared to raise Dennis as his own when she was pregnant even though it had no Mitchell blood.
    Considering the emphasis they put on it its more relevant to their characters then other males in EE.

Oh and he didn't dump her in 2001 as she wrongly believed herself to be infertile. Indeed he suggestion adoption not her and was thrilled when she agreed. She left him after he found out about Louise and despite that he begged her to stay. And if you want to see him devastated watch 2001 at xmas when she leaves him. Never seen him so cut up. Shirley has NEVER sparked 10% of that emotion. That thing with Dennis was because they were leaving. It was bad enough she was happy but he could at least see her and love her from afar. He just wanted Dennis not to stop her seeing him completely. He has loved that woman over 20 years and unlike Shirley he doesn't need to look at other women when he's with her. He loves her and she satisfies him sexually indeed Phil, Dennis and Grant all said she is the best in bed. Shirley can be placated with sex but clearly its not mutual he didn't love Glenda but she filled the void of sexual attractiveness he doesn't feel for Shirley and that counts (albeit it a small amount) in a relationship even as we age.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i blame it on steve for saying shirl is the love of phils life tbh i probably would never look at it in this way had he not said that. (obviously its not personal LOL but it had to come from somewhere! im not saying it as something against him just being honest) i dont want to think that he was making it up

i honestly dont truly believe it myself yet. there has to be real insight before that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I liked Shirley and Phil but I am not sure it could ever go back after Heather. I think Shirley needs a new man and I personally would place Phil with Kat.

Kat has the possibility of been the next Peggy, think of where the story could go with Kat been the next Mrs Mitchell.

Phil needs a strong woman and Kat needs a strong man, they're both as bad as each other.

Kat and Phil in the Vic would be EE gold!

Kat and Phil would be epic!
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Shirley was 'too good' for Phil - she was the real thing for him, believing in him, trusting him giving him that security he'd never really known which is why he had to blow it. Sharon is the one Phil goes back a long way with and the history has come back to repeat itself. Corny I know but I believe Phil and Sharon share the same feelings about love - why fall in love when you just end up getting hurt, so they reserve their feelings and maintain a cooler exterior. Yes Shirley's a tough person but she ended up falling for Phil big time and we saw it was the real deal. Would Sharon have stood by Phil the way Shirley did through all those hard times or would she have done a runner? I would say Sharon excites Phil more than Shirley and that's what we're seeing at the moment.
  • Options
    nickymongernickymonger Posts: 11,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it is hard to directly compare Shirley/Phil vs Sharon/Phil.

sharon is the woman, whether rightly or wrongly, Phil believes to be his true love and the one that 'got away'. That doesn't mean he didn't love Shirley, just that his love for Sharon ran at a deeper level.

Shirley understands him and knows what makes him tick. Of course he will miss that at some level. But his son killed her best friend, someone she saw as some sort of sister. He knows that they can't come back from that no matter how hard he tried. The trust and respect has gone.

Sharon knows Phil in a different way. She knows how to get through to him, to get him to do the 'right thing'. It's a different type of relationship. He sees Sharon as a better person than him and someone to look up to. Shirley was more a 'best friend'who he didn't have to pretend with.

Sharon is with Jack. He doesn't NEED to pursue her. He's in a tricky situation and it's hardly an easy situation given she is with one of his enemy's. He pursues her because he wats her and he bellieves that she has feelings for him that she is hiding from because of his 'bad phil'past. So he's trying to recreate this perfect unit, show her he is this great family man and someone she would want to be with.

This isn't being done to make Shirley jealous, he isn't pining over Shirley and he isn't sitting there thinking Shirley was his one true love. He's always described Sharon as the one and as such, you always knew he'd try to get her back. And the fact she hesitated over his proposal, didn't give him an automatic no and came to the church,she still has feelings for him and that is what Phil is holding on to and playing on.
  • Options
    sas6789sas6789 Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree, imo, the only woman Phil has ever truly loved and will ever truly love is Sharon.