• SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well don m8, im proud of ya..

add me gdjman68wasdigi for the wiiu

gmeboyhorror on 360, soon to be xb1 for destiny
    if you want to play destiny now add xv R4GEZz vx

thats my sons tag, so i will use that

Ive just preordered the DLC & bought a steering wheel / joypad cause they weren't included in the MK8 WiiU bundle ... So I'm now ready ta play! :)

Anyway! .....

SimonB79 (XB)
    SimonB1979 (WiiU)
    SBrennan79 (PS)

send me a request & I'll add ya! :)
  • Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else think the online rating is bad following the update? It seems to be harder than ever to gain points.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul237 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think the online rating is bad following the update? It seems to be harder than ever to gain points.

Yes! I've noticed this too as has one of my friends!
    Unless I'm in a room with people with 9000+ VR (I'm at 6000 currently), I won't gain any points unless I come 3rd or above.
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got MK8 today - wasn't expecting much, but daammmn, I'm impressed. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keviness wrote: »
    Got MK8 today - wasn't expecting much, but daammmn, I'm impressed. :D

I'll be even more impressed when the 1st DLC installment arrives in November! ;-)

(I had afew online races last week & done quite well ... all of us should try and arrange a DS tournement or summit!) :cool:
  • ZentonZenton Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just ordered the Mario Kart 8 bundle after my son and I watched some Youtube gameplay videos.

Does anyone know if it's possible to use the steering wheel controllers from the Wii with the game?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zenton wrote: »
    I've just ordered the Mario Kart 8 bundle after my son and I watched some Youtube gameplay videos.

Does anyone know if it's possible to use the steering wheel controllers from the Wii with the game?

If you mean the steering wheel from MarioKart wii then yes u can! 👍
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep, but don't expect to win any races if you do. ;-)
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member

Why's that then, do you think that just because you can't yourself that others can't also?
    WiiWheel is my preferred control method and have no problems winning races online :p ;-) .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I dont expect to win many racers no matter if I use a wheel or controller :-)

My WiiU will be arriving later today, although I bought it for my young son, I cant wait to play it myself. I'm actually pretty good at Mario Kart so I'll look forward to racing online.

I take it I can just plug in the wii sensor for the wheel and remotes just like on the original Wii?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zenton wrote:
    I take it I can just plug in the wii sensor for the wheel and remotes just like on the original Wii?

Yes! 👍
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Mario Kart WiiU arrived yesterday and I stayed up after a nightshift to make sure I didn't miss its delivery.

I'm blown away by the game and so is my two year old son who enjoys pressing the horn on the gamepad as I race.

I didn't have time to race online as the systems update took awhile to install but I'll be racing over the weekend. My name is Bigmanandre and hopefully i'll race you all sometime soon!
    Forum Member
    My Mario Kart WiiU arrived yesterday and I stayed up after a nightshift to make sure I didn't miss its delivery.

I'm blown away by the game and so is my two year old son who enjoys pressing the horn on the gamepad as I race.

I didn't have time to race online as the systems update took awhile to install but I'll be racing over the weekend. My name is Bigmanandre and hopefully i'll race you all sometime soon!

I've sent you a request 'Daddy' :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    I've sent you a request 'Daddy' :D

I'll send a request aswell!!! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thread I made when the DLC packs were announced appears to have been deleted so I'll post this here instead:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a605073/mario-kart-8-to-add-double-dashs-yoshi-circuit-as-dlc.html#~oTszrEWYErX6hh

One of the tracks in November's DLC will be Yoshi Circuit from the Gamecube (and also a retro track on the DS).
    It wouldn't have been my first choice to remake, especially since it has already been remade once before, but it was always a decent track and it's looking better than ever now that it's going to be in MK8.

Unfortunately, I'm at Uni without a Wii U until December so I'll have to make do with simply watching videos of the new features until I get home.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is the mario kart dlc out today? :cool:
  • gslam2gslam2 Posts: 1,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supposed to be out on Thursday.

The new courses look great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gslam2 wrote: »
    Supposed to be out on Thursday.

The new courses look great.

Cool! :D ... I knew it was out sometime this week but couldn't remember the day! :blush:

(Mario Kart getting dlc is one of the greatest moments in gaming imo!) ;-)
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Paul237 wrote: »

I totally agree. I wonder what will happen after tomorrow's update? ;-)
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Cool! :D ... I knew it was out sometime this week but couldn't remember the day! :blush:

(Mario Kart getting dlc is one of the greatest moments in gaming imo!) ;-)

I hope May's DLC for Mario Kart 8 is as good as the one were getting tomorrow. From Youtube clips that I've seen, it is good. Very good! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope May's DLC for Mario Kart 8 is as good as the one were getting tomorrow. From Youtube clips that I've seen, it is good. Very good! :D

Only afew hours ta go mate!!!! :D ... (I'd imagine they'll be available after 14:00) :cool:
    Forum Member
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Only afew hours ta go mate!!!! :D ... (I'd imagine they'll be available after 14:00) :cool:

Apparently theres an update ready and waiting to download when you open MK8 now.
    Forum Member
    Start your engines people Go! Go! Go!, apart from me of course as I'm at work :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Start your engines people Go! Go! Go!, apart from me of course as I'm at work :cry:

Same! :( .... BUT ... I'll be racing online tonight between 19:00 & 20:00 (20:00 til 21:00 I'm finishing off bayonetta2) :D
    Forum Member
    OMG! Joygasm at Hyrule Circuit :cool: :cool: