The DS Eurovision Thread (Part 10)

Comments

• weedydiamondweedydiamond Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Weedy, your best result ever! :p

Cheeky girl! You are not one of my nieces by any chance?

I do OK at the proper Eurovision Comps, its just the Fantasy caterwauling contest I fail at, cos I dont think much of all the modern rubbish.
    :p
    thms wrote: »
    i thought the irish song was very poignant.. and he sang it so well.. brought a tear to my eye..

Which just goes to show that Ireland have sent the same song to Eurovision every other year for ever. Croon croon, croon, croon, croon danny boy.

This was my fifth or sixth pick (I was the one who was late cos I was hugely busy in work) and I nearly changed it to the first Italian entry.

Thanks to all for the votes anyway. I almost didn’t enter at all, but it’s the taking part that counts, not the winning!
    :)
  • gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll put my hand up but then again Brainstorm :eek: ;) Congratulations gottago on the win and for the cliffhanger contest, so close Portugal.

Chickens, "impressive stage alert" BBC Sports Personality of the Year. ;)
    Why have they gone to all of that trouble for a sports award?! That stage should have hell machines, steadicams and industrial fans flying all over it! :angry: We'll have a Melfest one day!
  • thmsthms Posts: 61,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    changed a few years ago - now it's the song with the most voters.... I didn't have a clue about this til a couple of contests ago!

thanks BBAnne for keeping me right..

thanks for providing all the downloads every week.. i have only downloaded one song this week.. my own choice.. ;) but i will try to download most of the others.. some really good songs this week.. including your own choice of cyprus.. but i cannot wait to listen to ireland on my mp3.. it was the song of the week for me..
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chickens, "impressive stage alert" BBC Sports Personality of the Year. ;)

:D Spoiled by being populated by a host of major irritants.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gottago wrote: »
    Marrakech – Russia 1994: Youddiph - Vyechniy stranik
    17th place, 38 points
    12 –
    10 – Portugal
    8 –
    7 –
    6 – ShadyNathan
    5 – Pdm1987, BBAnne
    4 – Jaccobabe
    3 – sbrum1984
    2 – Chickens Hit, thms
    1 – Cherry7Up

Thanks guys. I'm so glad I rushed home from work to see this. :rolleyes::D
    Actually Russia was well down my list of entrants, so I kinda expected this. I was gonna go for Turkey 1975 - but I thought it would have been in bad taste - having entered it a fortnight earlier. And I had initially wanted Morocco - just because!
    I'm really happy with the results this week though! Love Georgia (thank you and congrats gottago!), Latvia and Serbia Montenegro. The debutants in 2004 were all brilliant though - Andorra, Albania and Serbia Montenegro are all in my 2004 Top 5. Belarus is 2nd last though.

None of you are interested in what I'm saying are you? :p You're just looking for the Fantasy Contest to open?
    It's on it's way! :D
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marrakech wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I'm so glad I rushed home from work to see this. :rolleyes::D
    Actually Russia was well down my list of entrants, so I kinda expected this. I was gonna go for Turkey 1975 - but I thought it would have been in bad taste - having entered it a fortnight earlier. And I had initially wanted Morocco - just because!
    I'm really happy with the results this week though! Love Georgia, Latvia and Serbia Montenegro. The debutants in 2004 were all brilliant though - Andorra, Albania and Serbia Montenegro are all in my 2004 Top 5. Belarus is 2nd last though.

None of you are interested in what I'm saying are you? :p You're just looking for the Fantasy Contest to open?
    It's on it's way! :D

Always interested in your musings meryl (but get a move on :p )
  • Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why have they gone to all of that trouble for a sports award?! That stage should have hell machines, steadicams and industrial fans flying all over it! :angry: We'll have a Melfest one day!

For a tenuous Eurovision link, Katherine Jenkins did sing on the stage and will appear again later but it's over the top for this.

As thms said, thanks to Anne for the mp3s, especially for the complete version of Refrain.
  • weedydiamondweedydiamond Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just finished watching a recording of the 2002 Eurovision contest. Poor Poor Malta. :(
  • sbrum1984sbrum1984 Posts: 6,466
    Forum Member
    marrakech wrote: »
    And I had initially wanted Morocco - just because!

Sorry! if it had been taken, I'd have immediately assumed it was you :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who is doing the next competition?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a tenuous Eurovision link, Katherine Jenkins did sing on the stage and will appear again later but it's over the top for this.

As thms said, thanks to Anne for the mp3s, especially for the complete version of Refrain.

I've got Refrain in French, German and English as well if you're interested (never let it be said that I don't have a lot of random things on my laptop!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thms wrote: »
    who is doing the next competition?

marrakech is kindly hosting this week, do you have an entry in mind?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh is this where 1998 took place?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FANTASY ROUND SIEBEN

You know the drill - send me a song you would have loved to have seen on the Eurovision stage.
    Please provide an appropriate youtube clip (just one per song so choose wisely!) and PM me. You have until 6PM Tuesday and a song list will appear shortly afterwards for your enjoyment. No artists who have previously been a DS Fantasist :o please. Thanks!

Edit: As I mentioned before, this week is a little crazy so if things aren't totally running to schedule - then everyone has to deal :p
  • wombatofludhamwombatofludham Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume the next Fantasyvision is the last before Christmas? Will there be another after?
    Forum Member
    Oh is this where 1998 took place?

That was at the NIA (where Gladiators was filmed). This is the LG Arena at the NEC.
  • Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got Refrain in French, German and English as well if you're interested (never let it be said that I don't have a lot of random things on my laptop!)

Yes please, you can never have enough Eurovision music. In return I could supply Naz Rock in German. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please, you can never have enough Eurovision music. In return I could supply Naz Rock in German. ;)

That sounds more like a threat than an offer.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sbrum1984 wrote: »
    That was at the NIA (where Gladiators was filmed). This is the LG Arena at the NEC.
    Hmmm... Gladiators and Eurovision, that's certainly a combination!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marrakech is kindly hosting this week, do you have an entry in mind?

one or two..
  • ShadyNathanShadyNathan Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume the next Fantasyvision is the last before Christmas? Will there be another after?

We have this one... then finally round 8 next sunday which i'll host unless anybody has any objections?
    Forum Member
    Hmmm... Gladiators and Eurovision, that's certainly a combination!

With Ulrika to bridge the two! I went to see Gladiators live, not Eurovision though, unfortunately!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have this one... then finally round 8 next sunday which i'll host unless anybody has any objections?

Can I send my entry for next week now? Only I'm not sure if I'll be conscious on Boxing Day.:o:p
  • Only_YouOnly_You Posts: 5,976
    Forum Member
    This is so bad because I ask EVERY time but for some reason I always seem to not remember to copy the list into a word file when someone does post the list ... if it's not too much trouble ... can someone post the songs through to the semi finals in the fantasy contest *blushes*
  • wombatofludhamwombatofludham Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers, thought so.

Just how strict are we on the no repeat artists rule? I've got a song for next week which features Stwphanie de Sykes, but with a backing group - I think she's appeared before but on her Jack Jones so would an entry with her lead singing with a group be excluded or allowed?

I'm determined to come last again you see...
This discussion has been closed.