Options

Who Should Play Fat Brenda In Coronation Street

dobbybeardobbybear Posts: 18,133
Forum Member
✭✭
Following on from the thread of who should pay fat Elvis in EE who should play fat Brenda in CS?

I think Jo Brand would be a brilliant addition to Street Cars!! Imagine the banter between her and Eileen, great possibility for fun lines

Comments

• Options
    davadsdavads Posts: 8,643
    Forum Member
    Fat Brenda's casting would be a gimmicky, stunt-casting, jump-the-shark moment for Corrie. It must never happen.
  • Options
    eaststreetlovereaststreetlover Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she should be cast. Some characters should be a mention-only, but if they did I'd also think Jo Brand.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    No she should never be cast. The imagination creates a far more interesting character than reality.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say Debbie Chazen would be an excellent fat Brenda.

Used to love her in tittybangbang and the "she's got a knife" sketches :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F0onMC2oI8 :D:D
  • Options
    dobbybeardobbybear Posts: 18,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    No she should never be cast. The imagination creates a far more interesting character than reality.

I agree about the imagination and character but just wondered who people would like to see in the role if it ever happened:)
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    dobbybear wrote: »
    I agree about the imagination and character but just wondered who people would like to see in the role if it ever happened:)

If it ever happened then I agree with you about Jo Brand :)
  • Options
    CorstemmeeCorstemmee Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me! :D
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps 'Fat Brenda' is really a skinny lady, and she is just called that for fun.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The legend that is Sharon D. Clarke :D
  • Options
    Jean_DanielsJean_Daniels Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    dawn french although i doubt if this wiuld ever happen
  • Options
    LynchpinLynchpin Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps 'Fat Brenda' is really a skinny lady, and she is just called that for fun.

In my mind, I also think "fat" Brenda is really skinny. Much along the lines of "curly" Watts, who had poker straight hair.

She should never be cast though.
  • Options
    bdpoopbdpoop Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this is an excellent idea. Jo Brand would be brilliant. Don't see why Fat Brenda could not be brought to life. Its Corrie for goodness sake not Downton Abbey. The show could do with a boost as the story lines seem to have been written by 8 year olds lately and dim ones at that.
  • Options
    Shane ParrishShane Parrish Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pauline Quirke
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl Fergison (Hev) she is also desperate to get back into a soap.
  • Options
    davadsdavads Posts: 8,643
    Forum Member
    bdpoop wrote: »
    I think this is an excellent idea. Jo Brand would be brilliant. Don't see why Fat Brenda could not be brought to life. Its Corrie for goodness sake not Downton Abbey. The show could do with a boost as the story lines seem to have been written by 8 year olds lately and dim ones at that.

But it's the very fact that she's never seen that's the central joke, and what enables the writers to come up with all of Brenda's wacky behaviour and pastimes that Steve and Lloyd refer to. It really would be pointless introducing her now, especially after so long (and as said above, no casting would match up to how any viewer pictured her).
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Lorraine Bruce
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    I'd say Debbie Chazen would be an excellent fat Brenda.

Used to love her in tittybangbang and the "she's got a knife" sketches :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F0onMC2oI8 :D:D

She has lost a hell of a lot of weight, I saw her in Holby last year and was shocked at how different she looked.

Lorraine Bruce would be perfect in Corrie.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she'll ever be cast ..

but if she was I think Kathy Burke or Jo Brand! I can see either of them giving the bosses and drivers hell! :cool:
  • Options
    BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    Twiggy
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dawn french although i doubt if this wiuld ever happen

No, please NOT Dawn French, terrible actress only plays herself "ooh look at me I'm an overweight actress, and I am sooo funny". No your not funny Dawn, you have never been funny with your overacting pantomime dame act. You quite ruined Jam and Jerusalem and that was rubbish to begin with.
  • Options
    m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    I don't think she'll ever be cast ..

but if she was I think Kathy Burke or Jo Brand! I can see either of them giving the bosses and drivers hell! :cool:

Yes Kathy, Jo or Dawn would be absolute classic