Options

Crap weather.

Comments

• Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    12 degrees in my area...utter crap for June. It was 18 degrees yesterday and 25 on Thursday.

Warm weather is sort of like snow in winter now. You get it for 1-2 days before disappearing. We seem to be getting an average summer temp of about 16 degrees in recent years.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    12 degrees in my area...utter crap for June. It was 18 degrees yesterday and 25 on Thursday.

Warm weather is sort of like snow in winter now. You get it for 1-2 days before disappearing. We seem to be getting an average summer temp of about 16 degrees in recent years.

Although, to be fair, the July's of 2013 & 2014, were both very warm. Especially 2013.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Down in Oxford, it's permanently sunny with temperatures well above 20 degrees, but I can't say I'm enjoying it because my university room is like a furnace and I have exams next week so I can't go outside.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    It's nice and sunny in Somerset today - cool breeze, though.

Yes, it's very windy ... but sunny. Perfect really, although I think I've seen a few people who forget that sun and wind can make some very nasty sunburn :D
  • Options
    Cornish_PiskieCornish_Piskie Posts: 7,489
    Forum Member
    Gooorrrrrrrrrrrrrgeous weather here in the beautiful south west today. The weekend sailors have been out making the most of lovely sailing weather. Windsurfers too..!! There were even some children flying kites up on the clifftops when I went for my run this afternoon.

Do children still fly kites in other parts of the country? Or has that died out where you are..?
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Although, to be fair, the July's of 2013 & 2014, were both very warm. Especially 2013.

Yes, 2013 was a very hot (and often sticky) summer, last year was too although fewer muggy patches (I remember not needing my fan at night :D).
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

yes they were, although 2013 was considerably better, especially up north. Its just, to me, those summers are become the exception. The few year before that, particularly since 2009 were absolute pants. Its also telling that we can recall fantastic weather in much the same way that people in their 60s and 70s recall the big freeze in the 60s :D

Thing is, I'm an expat from the south coastal counties who now lives in the Greater Manchester area, so maybe i just need to lower my expectations. I was living in Kent in 2003, now that was a summer!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Down in Oxford, it's permanently sunny with temperatures well above 20 degrees, but I can't say I'm enjoying it because my university room is like a furnace and I have exams next week so I can't go outside.

Not sure why having exams next week would preclude you from going outside.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was quite nice this morning in London.......I was out by 7.15 walking in Regents Park then Camden Town......

As the day went on the wind got up and a few black clouds came over so I never went out again.......to be fair there was stuff on telly all day but even so I did intend to go out for another walk either late morning or after the Derby but never got round to it

Seems to be a common pattern.......the best part of the day is early morning then it gradually clouds over and gets windy
  • Options
    paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I used to love to take my books and stuff to the park in the hot weather and find a quiet corner to revise.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has been pretty crap, its warm and muggy, eurgh, hate it.
    Can't wait for it too cool down again.
  • Options
    Jean_DanielsJean_Daniels Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Mudbox wrote: »
    give me rain and clouds.

me too all hot summers mean is more flies/more drunken behaviour/loud loud music/and green bins emptied every 2 weeks causing fruitflies and smelly bins,wish it was winter every day of the year
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blowing an absolute gale here all day. Nth East.
  • Options
    getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Warm in county down
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    24c here in Norfolk and glorious out of the breeze.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure why having exams next week would preclude you from going outside.

Well, I could, but I'm not sure I'd get much done.
  • Options
    LONERIDER37LONERIDER37 Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mudbox wrote: »
    give me rain and clouds.
    Can I ask what you find nice about rain?
    me too all hot summers mean is more flies/more drunken behaviour/loud loud music/and green bins emptied every 2 weeks causing fruitflies and smelly bins,wish it was winter every day of the year

Winter stiil brings drunken behaviour (xmas/new year), smelly bins too can occur in winter, but also coughs/colds/flu/germs etc...yuk.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only 14c forecast here on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I think hot and sunny is crap weather so I think the weather has been pretty good.
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like a nice overcast day personally.
  • Options
    Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I ask what you find nice about rain?

Winter stiil brings drunken behaviour (xmas/new year), smelly bins too can occur in winter, but also coughs/colds/flu/germs etc...yuk.
    Maybe if people didn't overheat their homes there wouldn't be so many bugs going around? The cold doesn't cause germs infact going out more in the cold is likely to keep them at bay. Summer colds are often alot worse than the colds you get in winter.
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We could do with some heat here, it's been so cold and windy for days on end. Haven't worn any summer clothes and it's already June. Thank goodness I'm off on my hols next week !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if people didn't overheat their homes there wouldn't be so many bugs going around? The cold doesn't cause germs infact going out more in the cold is likely to keep them at bay. Summer colds are often alot worse than the colds you get in winter.

Generally, there are more coughs & colds about in the Winter, because it is colder, darker and hence people stop indoors more, causing viruses to spread more easily from person to person. Moreover, in cold, dry frosty air, viruses sneezed out, are more likely to stay at head height for longer, and thus be inhaled, than in warm weather, when they sink more easily.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Adamsk wrote: »
    Is everyone miserable with the crap weather.

Yeah, it's too hot!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    too windy but sunny and pleasant regardless