Time 106.6 Slough

Comments

• hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Lyca are now wondering what to do with the 2 Time stations, they must make a small profit to stay on air and be self contained, but the studios still appear not be have a permanent location near Slough, potential for growth is limited and they are very different to the Asian stations Lyca own.
  • John_ChJohn_Ch Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    I can't speak for Time106.6, but I hope Time 107.5 stays as it's very good and appears to be very popular at least in Romford....although I don't know what the listening figures are like.
  • wilts_ianwilts_ian Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr.Phlox wrote: »
    .......Just looking at the twitter and facebook pages, I'm now seriously wondering if they have any on-air people at all now apart from "Me Wichard Linton" a chap who's probably a really nice guy but just doesn't seem suited to radio to my ear.

Good. I thought it was only me who had that bugbear too. His style is very repetitive with the "Me Wichard Linton" often being said multiple times in the same link. His links are very longwinded too, and quotes such as "the next traffic will be in 27 minutes time after the national news, then the local news" etc ..

The drivetime local news is still read by Richard after the Sky News Bulletin, but the news quality doesn't match, with stories regarding events several days ago, or items that would be more suited on a community noticeboard. There are never any live quotes, just a read of it, often going on for more than half a minute, in my view quotes should be snappy and to the point.

Additionally, does anyone know if Time have relocated back to the local area, or are they still broadcasting from RCS at Godalming? - Surely this is outside of the broadcast area and conflicting with licence conditions?
  • philenglandphilengland Posts: 8,176
    Forum Member
    hanssolo wrote: »
    I wonder if Lyca are now wondering what to do with the 2 Time stations, they must make a small profit to stay on air and be self contained, but the studios still appear not be have a permanent location near Slough, potential for growth is limited and they are very different to the Asian stations Lyca own.

Maybe a Jack or Breeze change to the stations with Celador stepping in?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe a Jack or Breeze change to the stations with Celador stepping in?
    If it's still making a small profit might be more useful to Lyca than selling it at below market value?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Dear All,

Just to put your minds at rest, the outage on Sunday was the old power station access issue. We are now back on-air.

Lyca are the best thing that has ever happened to Time 106.6fm in the last 10 years and will be developing the station. Yes the website is down because we are rebuilding it, like the CIA in the US, unfortunately we were also hacked.

I will be letting you know what will be happening to Time 106.6 shortly, with a very significant announcement before the end of the month.

Is it going to be the Big Time at last? Watch this space.
    Its good to be back in charge.
    :D
  • up to the vocalup to the vocal Posts: 2,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear All,

Just to put your minds at rest, the outage on Sunday was the old power station access issue. We are now back on-air.

Lyca are the best thing that has ever happened to Time 106.6fm in the last 10 years and will be developing the station. Yes the website is down because we are rebuilding it, like the CIA in the US, unfortunately we were also hacked.

I will be letting you know what will be happening to Time 106.6 shortly, with a very significant announcement before the end of the month.

Very easy isn,nt it to claim you are connected to the station,Name please.Put up or shut up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear. So the end of the month has passed and surprise, no announcement, which subtracts the authenticity of the above 'official ' poster somewhat.

I'm wondering about the official stance of this station against their obligations ;

* the local news quality is rubbish, most of it sounds like it comes straight from the local paper, or the press release section of Thames Valley Police - one bulletin carried 3 pieces of local news 2 of which were crime appeals.
    * As one recent presenter referred to 'Time Temporary Towers' I presume they are STILL broadcasting from RCS, which is well out of TSA. Surely they've had chance to relocate since Lyca took over?
    * Please will someone convince Richard Linton referring to himself as "Me Richard Linton" , this can be said numerous times during a link, uttered after an imaging name drop , and even on every Facebook update! - how about something different like "Hi it's Richard here..."
    Forum Member
    Wilts_ian; yes sorry I know the announcement is late.
    You will be amazed though when you find out.
    Not long now.
    And on the subject of authenticity, listen to Drivetime on Monday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So that will be the announcement on Monday , or some clue of your true identity?

Oh hang on, are you the 'Time Traveller /Fugitive /Bandit/Fanthom? ?? (Hey maybe a marketing idea for you)

I could always check your website for news if such an announcement. ... oh , hang on.

I could also check your public file on your website.... ummmmmm
  • some geezersome geezer Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Unless this "exciting announcement" involves a complete re-brand with a new line up, name, image, playlist and format and everything else, i'd switch it off now.

This station has been out of the game for so long it is now irrelevant and surely not commercially viable.

As these licences are run by contractors to provide a service why hasn't Ofcom done more to demand a decent level of service? Operations like this only damage the image of local commercial radio.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I listened ... what did I miss ... apart from the normal stuff ??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just checking in for sign of any announcement ...

Or a website ....

Nope.

Time's Ticking 😆
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dear All,

So, that previous post was made by a supposed representative on 16th Feb 2015

With it now reaching the end of March, with still no website, and still no 'significant' announcement, it's all a bit of a poor show.

It doesn't take more than a day or two to create a simple holding page, or something that would look half decent (hey i'd even volunteer myself!). They may have suffered a hacking attack, but the domain must be fully back under their control as they are still using their @time1066.co.uk email as their main studio contact (because their physical studios are based god knows where!)

Come on guys, you're a professional outfit - please act like one.
  • BrettskiBrettski Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I see the website still isn't working and is the station still going ??? When I worked in Slough it was the only station we could get . It wasn't too bad really they had some likeable DJ'S like Keith Butler , Lynsey Rose Mark Gale and Phil Allen but then it all changed and Paul Owens returned and they moved to Southall and it became drab .
  • James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member
    Time to hand back the licence to OFCOM and re-advertise it.

This was a good local station when UKRD operated it, then Sunrise got hold of it and it went downhill when it moved to Southall.
  • BrettskiBrettski Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    James30 wrote: »

This was a good local station when UKRD operated it, then Sunrise got hold of it and it went downhill when it moved to Southall.

Looks like they don't want the licence anymore and an end of an era
  • up to the vocalup to the vocal Posts: 2,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James30 wrote: »

Totally agree...and their 'spokesman' has gone very quiet.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brettski wrote: »
    I see the website still isn't working and is the station still going ??? When I worked in Slough it was the only station we could get .
    Looks like Lyca have a new website which links the 4 stations http://www.lycaradio.london
    The Asian stations seemed to have sorted themselves out, but the 2 Time pop based stations have not seemed to have changed
    http://time1066.co.uk/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank the lord for that - at last the website is finally there and working.

It seems strange that they have chosen not to use RadioPlayer as their on-line playout system, especially as they once did, and are still listed - again the appearance of the known & trusted RadioPlayer console looks so much better than a link that just launches into a media player.

Not sure if the schedules have stablised yet, with Matt Rockley being replaced by Jason Reynolds for the Breakfast show...

Gold Star for the team in maintaining the news items on the website - let's hope that continues.

and finally, hopefully, someone can garnish a bit of Social Media Marketing training on the team - especially as these updates are now promiently featured on the new website... Updates need to be engaging and meaningful, not just numerous one line entries of " Hello It's Me Richard Linton / That's it from Me Richard Linton" - Give your followers drive and impoteus to tune in, not just an update for the sake of it ...

oh, and I guess the 'supposed' official poster earlier was an imposter ... or are we still awaiting a big announcement ??
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone,

James30, I don't know where you get your info, but your post on 14/4/15 is not correct; the licence is not being handed back, in fact quite the reverse, Time 106.6fm is pushing forwards with some major changes....

wilts_ian, yes website phase 1 complete phase 2 to come soon, yes news is being kept up to date. No the presenter schedule is not stabilized yet, there will be more changes. We are working on social media and the "supposed official poster" has never claimed to be anything he is not, but he has been a bit busy recently!! Unfortunately all these things take far longer than you would think.

I still can't give you the Big Time announcement; but I will let you know more shortly. It is BIG.
  • meerkat-martinmeerkat-martin Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Today Mark Dover on Time 107.5 said that the studios were going to be moving, he said he couldn't say where yet.
    When I have to go over to the Slough area for work I will tune into Time 106.6 and it is not as good as the Romford station.
    Forum Member
    Well its finally here; the Big News.

Time 106.6fm has been broadcasting from new studios in Slough for the past 2 months. Time is back in its broadcast area (TSA), news is up to the minute, new breakfast show, new afternoon show and improvements on it way with Richard Linton's drivetime. Some of you guys may even be interested in getting involved. We are looking for Time Radio Champions, listen on-air for details.

We are planning a small event celebrating being "Back in the TSA" and I will give you details for this, because for a few lucky listeners and maybe even a digital spy or two will be able to attend this. Please post if you are interested in coming.

As always, we will be taking notice of all your comments, but from now on, if you comment here, you never know your ideas could next be on-air.
  • simon243simon243 Posts: 3,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Word on the street is Lyca have decided to pull the plug and the station will be off air soon (don't know how soon).

I suspect they only ever cared about the ex-Sunrise stations.
  • adc82140adc82140 Posts: 3,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For sale or licence handed back?