Criminal Minds Series 10 starts 20 Oct Sky Living

steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
Forum Member
✭✭
CM fans don't get caught out Sky Living showing the new series from October 20th.

Unusually early seeing as though last one finished just a few months ago.

Comments

• burnoutbabeburnoutbabe Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    ohhhh its on demand so I have watched the first one, very good and clearly a plot they will return to.

Jennifer Love Hewitt seemed okay as well.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great that JLH has joined. Doesn't seem to be a popular decision having read some comments. Mainly saying she doesn't fit this kind of show. I personally think she's a good actress and can do any type of show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Ive watched the 1st one too.

I read all the comments about JLH but think a lot of them are down to jealousy. I used to love Ghost Whisperer.

I thought she was a good addition to Criminal minds, cant wait to see more.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like JLH but I doubt she can save the show. I am amazed it is on season 10. I've also watched the first episode and while I would class it on a par with some of the better episodes of season 9 that isn't saying a lot. :D
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like JLH but I doubt she can save the show. I am amazed it is on season 10. I've also watched the first episode and while I would class it on a par with some of the better episodes of season 9 that isn't saying a lot. :D

Wasn't aware it needed saving, I love it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Wasn't aware it needed saving, I love it.

Season 9 was dire. Though not quite as bad as 8.Which was excruciating. Season 7 was also awful.

I know I keep watching it though I know I shouldn't. I keep hoping it will get better, back to the brilliance of the first 6 seasons. But it never does :( Its become a parody of itself, tired & utterly predictable. :(
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 9 was dire. Though not quite as bad as 8.Which was excruciating. Season 7 was also awful.

I know I keep watching it though I know I shouldn't. I keep hoping it will get better, back to the brilliance of the first 6 seasons. But it never does :( Its become a parody of itself, tired & utterly predictable. :(

It cannot get better until they get out of the same bloody format of having Garcia find the unsub 5 mins from the end, then they storm the building find the unsub shouting "FBI!!" and everything is lovely and have a cringworthy closing scene to some MOR song.

The format of the show needs to change.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    It cannot get better until they get out of the same bloody format of having Garcia find the unsub 5 mins from the end, then they storm the building find the unsub shouting "FBI!!" and everything is lovely and have a cringworthy closing scene to some MOR song.

The format of the show needs to change.

Completely agree, by the end of the ep we know the unsub will be caught and all will be lovely. I still get goosebumps thinking about the ep with the child molester who prays on the brother and sister who go camping with the parents who at the end escapes and is roaming free :O loved the twist tho I liked to be shocked
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely agree, by the end of the ep we know the unsub will be caught and all will be lovely. I still get goosebumps thinking about the ep with the child molester who prays on the brother and sister who go camping with the parents who at the end escapes and is roaming free :O loved the twist tho I liked to be shocked

There's always a twist episode which is brilliant but far too many are the same format

They can't do a twist every episode but in the episode they can't change it round a bit.
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow loved it. its the first episode ive watched. i have only just got 1-9 on dvd so havent had chance to get through them all yet. I wonder what the ending was about?
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, some folk should have enjoyed that ending.....
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trouble with introducing new characters in a long running show, people don't like it.

CM they like Emily and compare everyone to her. The trouble is the studio dumped her then had to bring her back because of the outcry. Then the actress decided to leave and wouldn't accept what they offered for a new contract. So every actress to follow will be compared to her.

The comments I have read about JLH on MUA of all places is, they don't think she fits in the show, oh and they hate her hairstyle.:D They also used to comment on Blacklist and Elizabeth's dodgy wig in season one. Now its well its her own hair now.

Haven't got round to watching it CM yet.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last season was dreadful purely because it became The JJ Show. I hope she takes a back seat this season. I used to like her but she had a complete character transplant last year and became really annoying.
    I quite liked JLH. Kate already is better than JJ.
    More Reid this season please!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    The trouble with introducing new characters in a long running show, people don't like it.

CM they like Emily and compare everyone to her. The trouble is the studio dumped her then had to bring her back because of the outcry. Then the actress decided to leave and wouldn't accept what they offered for a new contract. So every actress to follow will be compared to her.

The comments I have read about JLH on MUA of all places is, they don't think she fits in the show, oh and they hate her hairstyle.:D They also used to comment on Blacklist and Elizabeth's dodgy wig in season one. Now its well its her own hair now.

Haven't got round to watching it CM yet.

I never liked Prentiss - I wanted Elle Back>:(;-):D

Only joking - Everyone accepted Emily but I suppose it was earlier in the show's history. The whole debacle over JJ and Prentiss being 'kicked out' did massively damage the show - not so much their absences but the way it was handled. Poor Rachael Nichols never stood a chance and was treated abysmally. Glad she's had a chance to shine in Continuum. It has massively tainted season seven onward.

But the silly thing is a lot of the 'fans' seem to blame the 'replacements' rather than the producers - I suppose as they are more visible.

BTW, whats 'MUA' ?
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have enjoyed all the 'replacements' I loved Blake and i never minded Seaver either.
    I liked Elle too.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ...Poor Rachael Nichols never stood a chance and was treated abysmally.
    iirc in some eps Rachel was given literally 3 lines (if that). >:(
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,979
    Forum Member
    I like JLH's character, more so than I did Blake but then I think that's because I didn't feel the team needed a linguistics expert. She was a good character but that aspect of her character was something that Reid kind of did anyway.

The producers and CBS really f*cked up with Emily and JJ and I think they have being playing catch up ever since. I'm just glad Paget agreed to come back even if it was just so she could leave on her terms.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just glad Paget agreed to come back even if it was just so she could leave on her terms.
    iiuc Paget hadn't planned on coming back. It was the CM ptb activating some clause in her contract which meant she was required to return. I think her "departure at the earliest opportunity" says much about her okness with all that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    iiuc Paget hadn't planned on coming back. It was the CM ptb activating some clause in her contract which meant she was required to return. I think her "departure at the earliest opportunity" says much about her okness with all that.

Didn't she come back for a guest visit? Or did I dream that :blush:

But there was a whole season IIRC that she was only in it because she was contractually obliged. After her 'sacking' she hadn't wanted to come back & who could blame her.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like JLH's character, more so than I did Blake but then I think that's because I didn't feel the team needed a linguistics expert. She was a good character but that aspect of her character was something that Reid kind of did anyway.

The producers and CBS really f*cked up with Emily and JJ and I think they have being playing catch up ever since. I'm just glad Paget agreed to come back even if it was just so she could leave on her terms.

So do I, even if I didn't recognise her at first since I hadn't seen her in anything for some time :eek: Early indications, though, seem to be that her character will be a good addition to the show.

One thing I would like to see from the show has nothing to do with the characters though. I would like to see more story continuity rather than the case of the week format which is getting old.
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree.
    Every year I say I'm done with it, but every year I still tune in just to see if it manages to equal it's earlier episodes.

It doesn't. Ever.
  • DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it and like the new character. I want them to use Reid more, and catch their villain with brains over brawn.
  • sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im a big fan of this alhough OH cant stand it, but was getting a bit board last season, enjoyed the opener on monday although it was abit of sigh here we go again, caught the bad before 30mins in loved the ending so more to come on that story
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    I love this show. i somehow how missed it until earlier this year when i found it on Netflix. I have watched all 9 seasons in 6 months and for the first time ever am watching on TV, other than missing the binge element i thought it was a good season opener.

I loved JLH in Ghost Whisperer and its in my list on Netflix to start soon. i think her character is going to have some depth (something in missed with seaver and Elle). I really liked Emily and i liked Blake's friendship with Reed, but like CSI, NCIS, Grey's, ER and many other long running drama'a no character is above the show.CM survived when the headline name left at the end of Season 3, no reason the additon of JLH should end it.

i liked that although, they caught the unsub that it wasnt all Garcia, with a good twist at the end.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely agree, by the end of the ep we know the unsub will be caught and all will be lovely.
    Did you miss how that also happened this week? We had 3 levels of criminal: the one with the leg fetish, the one who kept women and cut their legs of, and the ones that abduct and then sell women. The last group are still at large. In general, the show hasn't been as formulaic as it's made out to be.
    Early indications, though, seem to be that her character will be a good addition to the show.
    I've not had a problem with any of the newcomers, but the women have all turned out to be a bit characterless, compared to the men. For me the saddest thing about JJ's return is that she used to be press liaison, and that role made her different to the others. Now she's just another profiler, and we have 5 more of those. The new character also seems to be yet another profiler.