Who is the bigger threat to world peace?

bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
Forum Member
✭✭
Russia or radical Islam?

Comments

• James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    bluefb wrote: »
    Russia or radical Islam?

If both were wiped out we would still never get it.

The biggest threat Humans
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The USA/UK thinking we are the World Police, and only our way of life is the right way.

But as the poster above Humans all day every day.
  • donovan5donovan5 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There will probably never be World peace,conflict is just worth too much to powerful people.
    If I had to put money on who would fire the first nuke though,it would definitely be the USA
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donovan5 wrote: »
    There will probably never be World peace,conflict is just worth too much to powerful people.
    If I had to put money on who would fire the first nuke though,it would definitely be the USA

They already have done, and are quite proud about it.
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member

you think the planet would be peaceful if human beings didn't exist?:D

Conflict and killing are at the core if all life on earth.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say radical Islam. Those idiots from the Middle East are so wanting to start a war with outsiders. Either that, or they're wanting world domination.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,268
    Forum Member
    I doubt we will ever get rid of radical Islam. It would be nice it Putin just dropped dead.
  • bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

dearmrman wrote: »
    The USA/UK thinking we are the World Police, and only our way of life is the right way.

donovan5 wrote: »
    Those weren't the options. :kitty:
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eating the last chocolate hobnob in the biscuit barrel of the Putin dacha. He called me a kulak.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »

Agree with that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »

The thing is, wild animals only kill others when they're in need of food. Conflict in the animal kingdom could happen because of a group that defends their territory. There's been countless wars in history that have resulted in unnecessary kills, and probably all because of power hungry leaders.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it seriously kicked off with radical Islam, we'd probably begrudgingly be allied with Russia.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    I doubt we will ever get rid of radical Islam. It would be nice it Putin just dropped dead.

Another Putin would just take his place. You hardly ever improve a situation by taking out one individual.
  • pope_tartpope_tart Posts: 3,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    America....don't think we would have all the problem with radical Islam without their interference or some of the past problems with Russia come to that.

as has been said, they were the first, and they did it when the country they dropped it on were negotiating details of their surrender.......nice bunch !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

True but for the rest of life it's about survival and food, not for pleasure or because they can.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another Putin would just take his place. You hardly ever improve a situation by taking out one individual.
    Actually a Marxist view to see history as development of conspiracies rather than as shaped by individuals.
    :kitty:
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    The thing is, wild animals only kill others when they're in need of food. Conflict in the animal kingdom could happen because of a group that defends their territory. There's been countless wars in history that have resulted in unnecessary kills, and probably all because of power hungry leaders.
    Animals attack for more than food, they wan territory, mates, resources, just like us, some even kill just because they can.

We are no different to other animals, the only difference we have the intellect to analyse our own behavior and discuss it with each others.

Nature is cruel and violent, just as much so if we are there or not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Animals attack for more than food, they wan territory, mates, resources, just like us, some even kill just because they can.

We are no different to other animals, the only difference we have the intellect to analyse our own behavior and discuss it with each others.

Major difference I would say, and yet we don't seem to use it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually a Marxist view to see history as development of conspiracies rather than as shaped by individuals.
    :kitty:

I don't think you have to take a particularly Marxist view. Putin is not Kim Jong Un. He is hugely popular among people who actually understand that there is an alternative. There is no reason to suppose that Bambi would take his place if he fell down a well one day.

It's hard to gauge the extent of Putin's territorial ambitions; certainly he might feel that a lot of lovely oil is going to waste outside Russia (mainly in Kazakhstan), and would be better inside it. Russia vs Kazakhstan is not a war any of us would want to see. And he might fancy some kind of grab in the Baltic states.

But I think the middle East is a bigger threat at the moment. I think it's too simplistic to say 'radical Islam'; as in Saudi Arabia, the threat is generally from different political groups, all of them islamic, and is focused round wealth and power, not around doctrinal differences. In Iraq, for example, Sunnis and Shias often used to inter-marry (and Christians were in powerful positions) until the removal of Hussein destabilised everything.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radical Islam.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    The US ;)
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hhhmm .. this thread has run away from the OP pretty rapidly ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Which I mentioned. Yes, if two males are after a female, I can imagine conflict happening.
  • reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Probably the place that has been destabilising countries all over the world, funding coups in any country without one of their puppets in power and has intervened directly or indirectly in over 50 countries since WWII, who knows how many deaths they are responsible for. Or it could be russia
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't we have to achieve world peace for it to be threatened?